Directv... thumbs up or thumbs down

I hate my local cable company only 30 of the worst HD channels. I have always been skeptical of Directv.So my question is, like it states in the title up ordown. Thanks NT

I just got it last month for the NFL Ticket, I haven't had a problem yet. I really like them and they are 100x better than my local cable (Comcast)

thumbs down for the moment.. my box broke and i only had it for 5 years, and i barely look at tv.. the box in my parents room is working fine and they had itsince like 2000.. smh

I wish I had more hands so I could give DirecTV 4 thumbs down....

If you enjoy watching TV on rainy/snowy days, or even days with moderate to high wind??? Then you need to PASS on DirecTV....they may offer the best HD channellineup, but their service sucks....

Also...make sure you have a CLEAR view of the southern sky. I bought my house back in Oct of 06', and most of the leaves were off the trees...no problem.When spring/summer came around and the leaves grew back, I lost ALL of my HD channels cause I couldn't get a signal due to the tree blockage. Just becareful and cover all your bases before you sign up for a contract w. them....

*another thing...they may tell you that your plan includes free receivers...in actuality, you are leasing them every month for $5-$6...and that %@%+ isrefurbished when they will try to tell you they are new boxes....

DTV sucks....

I can say this:

Service wise
Comcast>>>other cable companies>>>>>>>>>>>>DirecTV/Dish

CUSTOMER service wise
DirecTV>other cable companies>>>Comcast (in most instances...some places they're cool)

thumbs down, for reasons previously stated.

%*@% never works during bad weather, like that when I need it the most
mad.gif

THUMBS DOWN FAM... IF U LIVE IN ANYWHERE THAT RAINS OFTEN THEN U WILL BE PAYING FOR STATIC... does not work AT ALL wen it rains snows high winds anything thatsin the way including trees people animals etc....

i had directv in vermont, on top of a mnt, with tons of wind and trees, and it barly ever missed up. Only in the worst of the worst, i loved it.

Back
Top Bottom