Discussion for my mature NT'ers: Do you open car door's for women?

I've had this situation come up quite a few times within the past year or so. And it's even sparked some pretty spirited debate amongst women that I deal with, and even inner-circles that interact with. So I must bring the question to NT. I'm pretty sure I've probably seen this topic before, but I must bring it up while its relevant in my mind.
My position is this: I will naturally treat a women w/ dignity and respect, and I have a solid core of principles that will guide me throughout life, that I will even teach to my future children. But within the sense of what's deemed important, there are somethings that just allude me. It's not that I have a staunch opposition against opening the car door, as I do with buying drinks for women in the club; my position is, open your own door. And I could(n't) care less about opening her door, and watching to see if she'll open my door.

*edit: When I say open car doors, I'm not talking opening once you're in the car. I'm talking about opening her door, and waiting for her to get settled, then closing the door. 

Thoughts? 

I've had this situation come up quite a few times within the past year or so. And it's even sparked some pretty spirited debate amongst women that I deal with, and even inner-circles that interact with. So I must bring the question to NT. I'm pretty sure I've probably seen this topic before, but I must bring it up while its relevant in my mind.
My position is this: I will naturally treat a women w/ dignity and respect, and I have a solid core of principles that will guide me throughout life, that I will even teach to my future children. But within the sense of what's deemed important, there are somethings that just allude me. It's not that I have a staunch opposition against opening the car door, as I do with buying drinks for women in the club; my position is, open your own door. And I could(n't) care less about opening her door, and watching to see if she'll open my door.

*edit: When I say open car doors, I'm not talking opening once you're in the car. I'm talking about opening her door, and waiting for her to get settled, then closing the door. 

Thoughts? 

i will open doors only for women that I have interest in, and if she becomes "the one", I will continue to do the same

i will open doors only for women that I have interest in, and if she becomes "the one", I will continue to do the same

Originally Posted by slammedSIIK

Pretty much

i have a question too..

at what point (if any) can you stop saying thank you to a guy that opens doors

i appreciate it 100% but sometimes i feel ridiculous saying it 1000 times a day every day...

an ex got mad cuz i said it so much & i was tired of saying it but i didn't want it to come off like i expected it or wasn't grateful

no one ever opens my car door for me...only time i see that is with older couples who have probably been together 30+ years & its always so cute

Originally Posted by slammedSIIK

Pretty much

i have a question too..

i appreciate it 100% but sometimes i feel ridiculous saying it 1000 times a day every day...

an ex got mad cuz i said it so much & i was tired of saying it but i didn't want it to come off like i expected it or wasn't grateful

no one ever opens my car door for me...only time i see that is with older couples who have probably been together 30+ years & its always so cute

Older women = mos def

Any other bad chick = depending on my mood

Older women = mos def

Any other bad chick = depending on my mood

really?

i'll do it for a building/room door cause i'm going the same way anyway but i'm not gonna go around my car just to open her door
indifferent.gif

really?

i'll do it for a building/room door cause i'm going the same way anyway but i'm not gonna go around my car just to open her door
indifferent.gif

I don't open car doors for nobody (no need) and when I hold the door open I don't care if the person says thanks or not. I do it cause I want to not for thanks or anything like that.

I don't open car doors for nobody (no need) and when I hold the door open I don't care if the person says thanks or not. I do it cause I want to not for thanks or anything like that.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i have a question too..

a few thank you's here and there are appreciated, but i don't expect to hear it all the time, which is fine with me

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i have a question too..

a few thank you's here and there are appreciated, but i don't expect to hear it all the time, which is fine with me

what her hands are made out of gold? if she needs to get to her car and can't because her hands are full then i would gladly help her out and open her door, other than that she can open it herself...

Back
Top Bottom