Discussion for my mature NT'ers: Do you open car door's for women?

My mother is also a single mother(and has been my whole life), so your point is...??

Chill out. I've been told by numerous ladies (both old and young) that Mom raised me right. I just put it up there because I know I wasn't the only one told that.

To you, there may not be a right or wrong in this situation, but personally I don't see the problem with doing it. You're a grown man, do whatever you want. I'll continue to do the same.

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

what her hands are made out of gold? if she needs to get to her car and can't because her hands are full then i would gladly help her out and open her door, other than that she can open it herself...

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

what her hands are made out of gold? if she needs to get to her car and can't because her hands are full then i would gladly help her out and open her door, other than that she can open it herself...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I do it as an OBVIOUS joke at times. Never serious. It usually ends up as a laugh.

Just say something corny like, "For you my dear." And tip my "hat."

But again, both parties know it is a joke.

That way I am doing it (physically) but they know I am not really doing it, so they won't think I am rolling out the red carpet.
why?

I do it as an OBVIOUS joke at times. Never serious. It usually ends up as a laugh.

That way I am doing it (physically) but they know I am not really doing it, so they won't think I am rolling out the red carpet.
why?

Not bent out of shape either way, but if it is a concern of a right or wrong, I would certainly want an articulate answer justifying why.

Not bent out of shape either way, but if it is a concern of a right or wrong, I would certainly want an articulate answer justifying why.

for me it's habitual like putting on a seat belt. /some girls think it's wack but they are skeebops anyway

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i have a question too..

at what point (if any) can you stop saying thank you to a guy that opens doors

i appreciate it 100% but sometimes i feel ridiculous saying it 1000 times a day every day...

an ex got mad cuz i said it so much & i was tired of saying it but i didn't want it to come off like i expected it or wasn't grateful

no one ever opens my car door for me...only time i see that is with older couples who have probably been together 30+ years & its always so cute
hold up wait? your a female...
indifferent.gif

i have a question too..

i appreciate it 100% but sometimes i feel ridiculous saying it 1000 times a day every day...

an ex got mad cuz i said it so much & i was tired of saying it but i didn't want it to come off like i expected it or wasn't grateful

no one ever opens my car door for me...only time i see that is with older couples who have probably been together 30+ years & its always so cute
indifferent.gif

for me it's habitual like putting on a seat belt. /some girls think it's wack but they are skeebops anyway

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

i have a question too..

indifferent.gif

only recently...i'm still getting used to it...
ohwell.gif

why?
Because it is simply a car door. When the time is right, I will do my variation of rolling it out, but not for that situation I won't.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

i have a question too..

indifferent.gif

only recently...i'm still getting used to it...
ohwell.gif

why?
Because it is simply a car door. When the time is right, I will do my variation of rolling it out, but not for that situation I won't.

Yes. I also place my coat over puddles and buy them jewelry on the first date.
Spoiler [+]
seriously speaking, I open and hold doors for everyone, it's a natural instinct. If I open a car door for a woman it's usually premeditated tho

Yes. I also place my coat over puddles and buy them jewelry on the first date.
Spoiler [+]
seriously speaking, I open and hold doors for everyone, it's a natural instinct. If I open a car door for a woman it's usually premeditated tho

Back
Top Bottom