Discussion for my mature NT'ers: Do you open car door's for women?

I just don't get it...

Are ya'll tryin to prove somethin by NOT doing it? I mean, seriously....do ya'll think ya'll will be labeled as a "simp" or some BS by being courteous?

Whatever happened to men just being gentleman?

I just don't get it...

Are ya'll tryin to prove somethin by NOT doing it? I mean, seriously....do ya'll think ya'll will be labeled as a "simp" or some BS by being courteous?

Opening the door is "rolling out the red carpet"? I take it they will have to be wife AND mother of your three children before you ever cook something for her.

Opening the door is "rolling out the red carpet"? I take it they will have to be wife AND mother of your three children before you ever cook something for her.

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

I just don't get it...

Nah it is just something that I don't think about or feel like doing. That is all.

What do you mean what happened to being a gentleman? That can be achieved without opening a car door. There are dozens of situations that present themselves in which you can show gentlemanship. Doesn't mean you have to do it each and every time those situations present themselves.

I just don't get it...

Nah it is just something that I don't think about or feel like doing. That is all.

What do you mean what happened to being a gentleman? That can be achieved without opening a car door. There are dozens of situations that present themselves in which you can show gentlemanship. Doesn't mean you have to do it each and every time those situations present themselves.

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Cooking is a mutually beneficial act. Something I actually enjoy doing it. I don't mind doing that at all.

Opening a car door just seems like you are trying to hard. That is what it feels like to me.

I told this story on here before. Maybe why I am so turned off by it is because when I was in HS, my girl's mother was a damn jerk. Like a JERK. So anytime I would come to pick her up, I would call her when I was 30 seconds away so she can come outside. So as I roll up to the door, her mother (for some reason) thought it would be a good idea to stop "letting" her get into my car without me getting OUT of my car, opening up her car door and then getting back into my side.

So instead of her just getting into the car, I had to get out, open door, get back in. I hated it.

From then on, I was turned off by it. So maybe I am scarred. But yea, that was so annoying man.

Cooking is a mutually beneficial act. Something I actually enjoy doing it. I don't mind doing that at all.

Opening a car door just seems like you are trying to hard. That is what it feels like to me.

I told this story on here before. Maybe why I am so turned off by it is because when I was in HS, my girl's mother was a damn jerk. Like a JERK. So anytime I would come to pick her up, I would call her when I was 30 seconds away so she can come outside. So as I roll up to the door, her mother (for some reason) thought it would be a good idea to stop "letting" her get into my car without me getting OUT of my car, opening up her car door and then getting back into my side.

So instead of her just getting into the car, I had to get out, open door, get back in. I hated it.

From then on, I was turned off by it. So maybe I am scarred. But yea, that was so annoying man.

I just don't get it...

There are plenty of opportunities to be a gentleman, like the way you speak or other manners in which you conduct yourself. I look at opening a car door as being for somebody who holds a certain amount of respect with me, like my grandmother or another older person. Or if they are physically unable like a young child or disabled person. For a chick that is perfectly able to open it herself, I find it unnecessary.

If you don't mind me asking, are you trying to prove something by doing it? 

I just don't get it...

There are plenty of opportunities to be a gentleman, like the way you speak or other manners in which you conduct yourself. I look at opening a car door as being for somebody who holds a certain amount of respect with me, like my grandmother or another older person. Or if they are physically unable like a young child or disabled person. For a chick that is perfectly able to open it herself, I find it unnecessary.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just don't get it...

I guess bro...it's just somethin I'm used to. Aint knockin nobody for doin it.

As far as "what happened to being a gentleman", IDK...I guess it just seems like men get further & further away from doing anything "just because"...there's got to be some hidden agenda behind it, or we don't want to be labeled as "simps", etc....we dont open doors anymore, pay for dinner w/out expecting something, etc..

I just don't get it...

I guess bro...it's just somethin I'm used to. Aint knockin nobody for doin it.

As far as "what happened to being a gentleman", IDK...I guess it just seems like men get further & further away from doing anything "just because"...there's got to be some hidden agenda behind it, or we don't want to be labeled as "simps", etc....we dont open doors anymore, pay for dinner w/out expecting something, etc..

If the chick im with has potential then yeah...

if its wifey, duh

Some random JO.. nah

If the chick im with has potential then yeah...

if its wifey, duh

Some random JO.. nah

I just don't get it...

This has nothing to do with perception, then it does me setting a precedence that I know I cannot maintain. Last thing I'd want to her is "you don't treat me the way you use to." simply because I set a false pretense throughout the courtship phase. I do believe I'm a gentlemen on many levels, so its definitely not something that has ever hindered beliefs on myself.

I just don't get it...

This has nothing to do with perception, then it does me setting a precedence that I know I cannot maintain. Last thing I'd want to her is "you don't treat me the way you use to." simply because I set a false pretense throughout the courtship phase. I do believe I'm a gentlemen on many levels, so its definitely not something that has ever hindered beliefs on myself.

Man, to be honest...if a guy is dating my daughter (and I have one), he'd better get his @%% out of the car, knock on the door, walk her to the car, open it up, etc...

All that "blowin the horn" and her runnin, or waiting outside for him to pull up? %!%% that...I can't even lie G....I see where she was comin from.

That's just me though....

Man, to be honest...if a guy is dating my daughter (and I have one), he'd better get his @%% out of the car, knock on the door, walk her to the car, open it up, etc...

All that "blowin the horn" and her runnin, or waiting outside for him to pull up? %!%% that...I can't even lie G....I see where she was comin from.

That's just me though....

Reading this sitting with my female cousin, her friend, and my girlfriend. Asked them what they think about guys opening the door for them...all three agreed on a first date it's kinda cute BUT comes off as kinda desperate. Don't kill the messenger, but this is what they unanimously agreed on.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I just don't get it...

Of course not...I said that earlier. It's just embedded in me...it's a habit. Like, I dont even think about doin it....

....and I feel what you're sayin in regards to the people you mentioned, but...IDK...like I said, it's just me. A female is a female is a female...

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

I just don't get it...

Of course not...I said that earlier. It's just embedded in me...it's a habit. Like, I dont even think about doin it....

....and I feel what you're sayin in regards to the people you mentioned, but...IDK...like I said, it's just me. A female is a female is a female...

So how do you show gentlemanship DC? Just curious.
Listening
Emotional/Educational/Physical Support
Hold doors at times.

Those situations happen pretty often so yea, I do my part.

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

Reading this sitting with my female cousin, her friend, and my girlfriend. Asked them what they think about guys opening the door for them...all three agreed on a first date it's kinda cute BUT comes off as kinda desperate. Don't kill the messenger, but this is what they unanimously agreed on.
Doesn't surprise me.

So how do you show gentlemanship DC? Just curious.
Listening
Emotional/Educational/Physical Support
Hold doors at times.

Those situations happen pretty often so yea, I do my part.

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

Doesn't surprise me.

Back
Top Bottom