Discussion for my mature NT'ers: Do you open car door's for women?

Reading this sitting with my female cousin, her friend, and my girlfriend. Asked them what they think about guys opening the door for them...all three agreed on a first date it's kinda cute BUT comes off as kinda desperate. Don't kill the messenger, but this is what they unanimously agreed on.

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Man, to be honest...if a guy is dating my daughter (and I have one), he'd better get his @%% out of the car, knock on the door, walk her to the car, open it up, etc...

All that "blowin the horn" and her runnin, or waiting outside for him to pull up? %!%% that...I can't even lie G....I see where she was comin from.

That's just me though....
I don't beep horns. That is rude to the residents.

I understand where you are coming from but if I was talking to her for a minute, I shouldn't be expected to have to go through all of that. It was WAY past interview period. So I didn't think all of that was needed.

Man, to be honest...if a guy is dating my daughter (and I have one), he'd better get his @%% out of the car, knock on the door, walk her to the car, open it up, etc...

All that "blowin the horn" and her runnin, or waiting outside for him to pull up? %!%% that...I can't even lie G....I see where she was comin from.

I understand where you are coming from but if I was talking to her for a minute, I shouldn't be expected to have to go through all of that. It was WAY past interview period. So I didn't think all of that was needed.

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

Reading this sitting with my female cousin, her friend, and my girlfriend. Asked them what they think about guys opening the door for them...all three agreed on a first date it's kinda cute BUT comes off as kinda desperate. Don't kill the messenger, but this is what they unanimously agreed on.

Man, times like this make me glad I'm married.....

If you don't mind me asking....what are their ages?

Originally Posted by DrTobaggan

Man, times like this make me glad I'm married.....

If you don't mind me asking....what are their ages?

I just don't see the point of getting of my car, walking around my car, opening the door, waiting for her to get in & situated, closing the door, walking back around the car & getting in when she can open the door herself. It has nothing to do with not being a gentlemen. I just don't see the point of doing all of that. The chick I'm with now, I listen to her, hold her after sex, cook for her, but I don't open the car door. Does that make me less of a gentleman? I don't think so.

I just don't see the point of getting of my car, walking around my car, opening the door, waiting for her to get in & situated, closing the door, walking back around the car & getting in when she can open the door herself. It has nothing to do with not being a gentlemen. I just don't see the point of doing all of that. The chick I'm with now, I listen to her, hold her after sex, cook for her, but I don't open the car door. Does that make me less of a gentleman? I don't think so.

Car doors I never do.  However walking into anywhere I ALWAYS open the door for them and let the lady go first.  Some dont say anything and probably either take it for granted or dont notice, but most will say thank you and appreciate it and remember.

My reason for not doing it has already been clearly stated but to address Cameron Nelson's "a female is a female" comment I do agree that gender rolls are important and chivalry is of the upmost importance I think the way you portray chivalry has just changed doing things like that to some girls is too much so just listening to her and other little things are the new way. Opening door although I dont do all that alpha/ simp #@#% is just too much.

But I agree with DC I may make a joke about it because it never seemed to really be necessary, always been stupid

Car doors I never do.  However walking into anywhere I ALWAYS open the door for them and let the lady go first.  Some dont say anything and probably either take it for granted or dont notice, but most will say thank you and appreciate it and remember.

My reason for not doing it has already been clearly stated but to address Cameron Nelson's "a female is a female" comment I do agree that gender rolls are important and chivalry is of the upmost importance I think the way you portray chivalry has just changed doing things like that to some girls is too much so just listening to her and other little things are the new way. Opening door although I dont do all that alpha/ simp #@#% is just too much.

But I agree with DC I may make a joke about it because it never seemed to really be necessary, always been stupid

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I feel you, BUT...for me, you gotta finish what you start.

I can't expect her to be a certain way, get comfortable and flip the script...

When I was comin up, that's just what I did...no matter how long we were together, I always parked the car, got out, shook hands w/the parent(s), chopped it up w/them for a sec, and we was out.....I can't see my daughter "conforming" to today's standards, cause that's all it is. Times have changed, and NOW....that may be "acceptable", but for me, it never will be.

In the future, automated car doors eliminates this problem...The push of a button saves me a walk around the car to open the door for her

In the future, automated car doors eliminates this problem...The push of a button saves me a walk around the car to open the door for her

I feel you, BUT...for me, you gotta finish what you start.

I can't expect her to be a certain way, get comfortable and flip the script...

When I was comin up, that's just what I did...no matter how long we were together, I always parked the car, got out, shook hands w/the parent(s), chopped it up w/them for a sec, and we was out.....I can't see my daughter "conforming" to today's standards, cause that's all it is. Times have changed, and NOW....that may be "acceptable", but for me, it never will be.

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

The chick I'm with now, I listen to her, hold her after sex, cook for her, but I don't open the car door. Does that make me less of a gentleman? I don't think so.
Well said Brother
pimp.gif

@ Cam, like I said, I understand where you are coming from but people naturally get lazy as time goes on. If I had a daughter, I would probably set the rules up just like you. But being the dude amd having to go through that nonsense, I just don't feel like it honestly. Just get in the damn car so we can go. That is how I feel.

Originally Posted by DutchMasterRoller

There's that word!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DutchMasterRoller

There's that word!
laugh.gif

The chick I'm with now, I listen to her, hold her after sex, cook for her, but I don't open the car door. Does that make me less of a gentleman? I don't think so.
Well said Brother
pimp.gif

@ Cam, like I said, I understand where you are coming from but people naturally get lazy as time goes on. If I had a daughter, I would probably set the rules up just like you. But being the dude amd having to go through that nonsense, I just don't feel like it honestly. Just get in the damn car so we can go. That is how I feel.

Well said Brother
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Trust me, I understand where you're comin from....

In regards to the previous comment, how can you do all THAT....and not open a damn door?! You'll sit there & listen to her run her mouth about absolutely NOTHING, but not take 15 sec.& open a door?!
laugh.gif

Well said Brother
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Trust me, I understand where you're comin from....

In regards to the previous comment, how can you do all THAT....and not open a damn door?! You'll sit there & listen to her run her mouth about absolutely NOTHING, but not take 15 sec.& open a door?!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

I open doors for all women. It's chivalrous and respectful.

For real. Mom raised me right.
smile.gif

I'm actually suprised to see so many people that say that they don't do it...
How condescending. What makes this right?
 Delusion...

Originally Posted by Wr

for me it's habitual like putting on a seat belt. /some girls think it's wack but they are skeebops anyway

Yo you're avy is legit.
Why is it cut off before he shoots though?
That's like the best part.
laugh.gif
Cameron Nelson wrote:

I just don't get it...

Are ya'll tryin to prove somethin by NOT doing it? I mean, seriously....do ya'll think ya'll will be labeled as a "simp" or some BS by being courteous?

Whatever happened to men just being gentleman?
I don't do it because I think females want to be treated as males. I don't open car doors for males so I won't for females. The only car door I open is for my mom. She deserves it. If it some random broad she probably thinks she deserves that type of treatment JUST because she is a woman. That's not going to fly in my book.

Question:Has a female that drove opened a car door for you to be chivalrous?

Well said Brother
pimp.gif

This, I'm a nice guy, and a gentlemen, but I've never opened a car door for a woman.

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

I open doors for all women. It's chivalrous and respectful.

For real. Mom raised me right.
smile.gif

I'm actually suprised to see so many people that say that they don't do it...
How condescending. What makes this right?
 Delusion...

Originally Posted by Wr

for me it's habitual like putting on a seat belt. /some girls think it's wack but they are skeebops anyway

Yo you're avy is legit.
Why is it cut off before he shoots though?
That's like the best part.
laugh.gif
Cameron Nelson wrote:

I just don't get it...

Are ya'll tryin to prove somethin by NOT doing it? I mean, seriously....do ya'll think ya'll will be labeled as a "simp" or some BS by being courteous?

Whatever happened to men just being gentleman?
I don't do it because I think females want to be treated as males. I don't open car doors for males so I won't for females. The only car door I open is for my mom. She deserves it. If it some random broad she probably thinks she deserves that type of treatment JUST because she is a woman. That's not going to fly in my book.

Question:Has a female that drove opened a car door for you to be chivalrous?

You miss understood I dont really believe in that, I think it is stupid to judge one mans way of going at women based on that standard but I dont think opening doors is necessary in being chivalrous.

Back
Top Bottom