DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

nah

especially with all the future additions they got planned

theyre already planning a SWGE expansion and the second ride isn't even opened yet.... the whole land isnt even open at wdw yet :lol:

I feel fortunate that we can afford it but at some point you have to just stop and look at it rationally...The regularly scheduled price hike press release is becoming absurd at this point...

It’s definitely a bummer knowing that there’s family’s out there who’ll never be able to experience everything Disney does with the parks because of it too...

My family was far from rich when I was growing up, but we still visited either Disney World Or Disneyland every year...Disney in those days certainly had ways that you could visit the parks without having to take out a second mortgage to do it...Now going just isn’t an option for a good portion of Families and that’s a shame...

We used to go as kids, too. I think the reasoning is if a family can drop a couple of gs to go to Hawaii or on a nice cruise once a year, Disneyland is the same type of vacation. As an app holder, we used to spend roughly 1500 bucks once a year to go before. We now spend about 2500 and go whenever. The value is there, especially with all the upgrades and new concepts and technology going into the properties. Did you say galaxys edge expansion? At Disneyland?

A price hike once every several years to pay for upgrades I can stomach...Multiple times in the span of a couple years? That’s pushing it...Disney made enough money on the Star Wars IP alone to pay off any park upgrades they’ve done thus far, and likely whatever other upgrades they have planned in the future as well...How much did they make on Endgame thus far? Off of one single movie? I mean they made $59 billion as a company last year...Galaxy’s Edge at both parks cost what 4% of that?

They know what they offer is a high commodity experience and they’ve decided to take the approach to milk it for as long as they can...Can’t say I blame them since people will pay but damn, let those people come up for air...

Yeah, it is crazy. But, I think the only thing to level it out is a decrease in attendance, over a long span of time, that they can attribute directly to the pricing, and not the overcrowding or wait times.

I actually think the attendance factor plays more heavily into it than they let on...I mean it’s probably THE main complaint people have had over the pas decade or so...Until they started the price hikes that is :lol:...

I’m sure they figure at some point things will level out and they’ll leave it sit for a minute at that point...Something like a comfortable middle ground between prices and attendance...Problem is I’m not sure people will stop paying the prices they ask...Either way Disney wins in the end...

not to defend disney because i am against price icnreases (of course) but for discussions sake... they are investing more and more on theme parks than ever and i believe it makes them more money too, more than their media which is in a bit of a mess right now with streaming services changing things up

~$25b expansion is planned for the next 5 years in the parks around the world and expense usually surpass the estimates due to unforeseen things (like anaheim denying them permits to make new hotels and wages going up and such)

they plan to expand their cruise line with a few ships and a new island iirc

Funny thing is, I dont mind it because I can see what I'm paying for. With all these planned expansions and changes, it's going to keep my family going back with that sense of exploration and excitement.

Right I get that...But if you look at their yearly’s as a whole, they’ve had gains every year for the past decade, despite what they’ve done to the parks...Drop two billion on the Star Wars on both coasts? Still made more money than they did the previous year...Drop some coin on Toy Story Land? Still in the green...Add whatever costs they’ve piled up over the year in other portions of the company, including the parks, and they still made more money than they did last year AND they’ve done this every single year for the past decade...

That five year expansion plan is bought and paid for, and it has been for a while now...

They’d be stupid not to up charge though...If people continue to pay then why not...Sitting back and really looking at it though, it’s excessive at this point...

Imagine how much money they’ll be pulling in monthly once their streaming service starts in a couple months...A lack of growth, in the prism of the ever rising park prices, is certainly not a problem for the company at this point...

but thats the thing though, i think they are losing revenue in their network channels since viewerships at a low and now they have to do a streaming service, which they would kill but they also just paid $70+b to buy fox, its gon' be a while before they make most of that back

disney is definitely banking it but as a business, you also cant be breaking even so making $60b last year sounds great but if your expense is at $44b (which also increases yearly) then $60b doesnt look as impressive as a whole

and this year actually had one of their biggest expense increases of 15% in the first quarter

but just looking at attendance at the park in regards to SWGE, i am sure they did not expect the parks to be this empty even during the rez days, yes itll likely be jampacked come monday when SWGE opens to the public but i cant imagine them being very happy at the lack of crowds this past month especially when you consider most of the guests are kids from grad night who isnt throwing money around like parents are and thats why they opened up the rez to add more guests

i am sure they do not have to increase prices to survive but they also got to be ahead of the curve or else they wouldn't be disney

its also why they decided not to build those hotels without the city's help even if they can afford it, its just not as simple as "we have some cash lying around so lets spend it..."

Kinda glad I don’t live close enough to utilize an AP b/c I know my wife would want us to get them. One less expense to worry about. :lol:

I’ll just continue to fork over thousands to visit annually.

Shoot, I live about 7 to 8 hours away, but in the beginning it was cheaper to get the ap than to pay for our usual yearly trip twice. We got spoiled going sooo many times, we just stuck with it. Went almost 100 days that first year, lol.

Currently in DisneyWorld as we speak. So far my favorite ride has been Pandora. That was dope and completely different than what I expected. This is my first time while my wife has been seven or eight times. She was able to finally get dinner in Beast’s castle.

Been here since last Sunday and it has rained everyday expect so far today. Yesterday I got soaked. I’ve been wearing React 87s and Pegasus 33 WR except in yesterday’s rain they were useless.

yah socal weather has been super weird lately, really gloomy in the morning then it starts to get sunny and warm and then starts to get chilly again at night

just got in to galaxy’s edge. in line for the cantina
me looking at your IG stories rn...
D20EE492-6B3D-4EDA-8650-03A742DAC065.gif

i posted a tons of stories lol

https://instagram.com/rafj27?igshid=19bkx00f65xcl

just left Galaxy's Edge. It was pretty awesome! we went straight to the cantina and made the cut off for reservations. then walked around for a while trying the blue and green milks, ribs and chicken at Dock Bay 7. The Cantina was really cool and the snacks and drinks were good. I would have been cool to see some characters in the cantina mixing in with the crowd. Rode smugglers run twice and got pilot both times. i rocked it, my lady not so much :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom