DJ Khaled, Polow Da Don, JD speak on possible first single for Nas' & album

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
While an official track listing has yet to be released for Nas's upcoming album "%*%#!#", a few heavyweight producers, DJ Khaled, Polow Da Don, and Jermaine Dupri, discussed their contributions with MTV News.

"Me and Nas did a record together, and it's huge," DJ Khaled said.. "Remember when Diddy and Nas did a record together called 'Hate Me Now'? In 2008, it's Nas and Khaled. We did a record for my [upcoming] album. I'm in the studio right now working for my [new] album. But I told Nas if he wants to use that for his first single, we can go and do that and make history. I hope that goes down. Either way, you will hear the record. We definitely did something, and it's huge. I actually don't know what he's calling it. I do have the record, though, and it's amazing."

While Khaled hopes to land the first single, Polow has similar aspirations.

"I just did one with Nas," Polow said. "It's crazy. I think it might be the first single. I think he might put the DJ Khaled record out. If not, he's gonna put this one out. It's f---ing crazy. It's him; it's still a hit, but it's a club banger. He gets to be himself and please the masses. The song is called 'My Legacy,' and it's talking about putting yourself on the line. He done spoke his mind his entire career, stood up for the people, but at the end of the day, 'They still look at me as, "He's just a %*%#!#." No matter what great sh-- I do, they gonna always try to discredit me. So this is my legacy. When I'm gone, what's gonna be my legacy? Will they say, "He's great," or will they say, "He's just another %*%#!#?" ' At the same time, it's a club joint. That's what's dope about it. It's so deep, but it'll be serviced enough to where you'll be like, 'This is my joint!' We didn't stretch for the radio, but it'll be perfect for the radio."

Meanwhile Jermaine Dupri discussed contributing to the album as well.

"I'm just waiting for him to finish it right now," Dupri told MTV last month. "He's on the West Coast working on his album. I'm just waiting for him to call me and tell me it's done. Hopefully, he likes it. The producer world is hard. [Artists] don't be liking every beat you make. He gave me a lot of direction, so I felt it would have been easy for me to get on and do. A lot of the rappers' rappers were coming at me after they heard the 'Fallin' ' record on the Jay-Z album [American Gangster], like, 'Make me one of them.' It's in the same vein as that [song]. I'm back on that [vibe]. I'm not back on that completely, but if that's what they want me to do, I can do them records easy in the midst of me doing Janet and Mariah and Usher and everything else. That's the type of sound he wanted for his record. He wanted me to give him something that was soulful but at the same time had a little commercial feel to it. It's gonna be interesting to see."
[/font]

he'll never make a classic again, still my favorite artist of all time though. i wanna hear that joint he did w/polow though.

How will he never make a classic again lol? I can see how you can say he'll never make another Illmatic but who's to say his new album isn'tclassic? Just wondering where you coming from making a statement like that. Wanna hear that Polow joint.

i can already tell you this album will suck.
smh.gif
hearing dj khaled on a nas track
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Liban906

i can already tell you this album will suck.
smh.gif
hearing dj khaled on a nas track
smh.gif

Khaled is the most hate for nothing on NT...just chill

dude got some nice production
pimp.gif

As long as Khaled keeps his voice to a minimum I could care less....what does he even do...did he make the beat for the record they are talkin about?

ant - i was wondering the same thing, last time i remember seeing him post was like in 01

^^^yea, the only negative I see is Khaled getting his Diddy on throughout the track, but them beats be heat....I wanna hear the song tho, cuz everytime Khaleddrop one a big song/video, he always saying that he tryna make the new 'Hyptonize' & 'Hate Me Now', I'd like to hear Nas over'big' production again.

i'm definitely not getting my hopes up. i don't put much stock into reviews, but from the 2 or 3 that i've read, they all said that if you'reexpecting some powerful %+*% (which is the only way this album would be worth a damn), you're gonna be highly disappointed...straight from the new Maxim:
The title of Nas' latest album is an inciting slap in the face, so maybe the music was bound to sound pale in comparison. Those expecting an angry lyrical bloodblath will be disappointed, and some of the song are downright radio-friendly. Don't worry too much, though; A song such as "The Fear of the Black Man's @%#$" probably won't win over many Miley Cyrus fans.
2.5/5

we'll just have to wait and see...

hmm I for one am not anticipating this too hard. NaS likes to take his time. But when it drops it should be fire. HHID was a GREAT GREEAT ALBUM. yall probablyaren't deep enough if yall couldn't feel it.

Dudes is knockin khaled lik his production is wack khaled one of the top producers in the game NT is sleepin and 2 hear nas over khaled or cool & dre Ithink wud b dope

And if its n e thing like hate me now then I can't 2 hear the joint

Like so many great artists throughout time, not enough people appreciate NaS for what he brings to the table, but people might wise up when he's out thegame

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

Dudes is knockin khaled lik his production is wack khaled one of the top producers in the game NT is sleepin and 2 hear nas over khaled or cool & dre I think wud b dope

And if its n e thing like hate me now then I can't 2 hear the joint

that is true Khaled do be killing it...just dont wanna hear him @ ALL on it...sorta like how he do with Fat Joe
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JJ1223

how the @$%* did Maxim get this before us?

Maxim got the unfinished album. Nas ain't even finished with the record yet. But that's how it usually works. Publications always get the albumfirst. Albums never leak from publications because its easy to trace how the album got out.

Maxim got the unfinished album. Nas ain't even finished with the record yet. But that's how it usually works. Publications always get the album first.Albums never leak from publications because its easy to trace how the album got out.

^yep

Back
Top Bottom