dmp 6s cracking?

saw a listing in the buy/sell forums of some dmp 6s that were crumbling and he said they would be great fora sole swap.
Isnt it to soon for them to crack? its been about 6 years right?
i thought newer retros used a different material from older pairs that doesnt crack?

I don't know about crumbling, but I wore my VIs once (they were worn before I got them) and got too scared of the gold paint chipping or cracking so idk if I'll wear them again. They're sort of a form of promise from my girl seeing as she bought them for me, so I would hate to see them crumble or crack.

Not too soon for all that though, I have heard of pairs cracking before. Never crumbling though..
ohwell.gif

On a side note, people have posted pairs of Varsity Red VIs that they've WORN ONCE and the paint is cracking.
30t6p3b.gif
Dahell are you fools doin in them for em to crack that fast?! I've worn mine like 20+ times and no cracking on either shoe.

its been 8 years since DMPs released so i'm not surprised seeing crumbled pairs..especially if you live in humid/tropical places. The heel tab of my DMPs broke since its made out of plastic..

yeah I was trying to do the math in my head and still couldn't come up with 8 years lol. but mine seem to be fine although i haven't looked at them in a year or so. I will inspect them 2nite. I think it's too soon to crumble though.

If you're in contact with that dude, ask him if i can have the tag for those.. i need one. 
nerd.gif

BTW,  it looks like dude went fishing in these or something. That greenish tint is
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif

ive worn mine like 10 times with no issues.  I casually walk in them.  I don't hoop, I don't go fishing, I dont cut da grass, I dont run a marathon and I don't smash in my Jays.

-UNDFT-

The gold on that pair above looks off to me around the midsole.... MAAAAAYBE he did a swap to restore an OG Pair and painted em gold. Just speculation though.
roll.gif

I'm shocked. These should have the newer midsole material that supposedly doesn't crumble or takes much longer to do do than the early 2000 and original stuff.
I have soooo much stuff from the 2000 that is still rock solid. My 2000 infareds are still rockin.

I don't know what the hell this guy did really.

That *#%+ looks moldy.

Spizike I would t want anything associated with that shoe for fear it would infect mine lol

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

Mine look completely fine. I just saw the post where the guy is selling those and he must've stored them very poorly or worn them in strange conditions because I've NEVER seen a pair look this bad.

Looks like a totally different colorway.
30t6p3b.gif

i guaranteE they smell like mold and mildew, and YOU WILL NEVER get the smell out EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER!!

anything over 75.00 is WAY TO MUCH BROHOMBRE!

Originally Posted by aphexacid

I'm shocked. These should have the newer midsole material that supposedly doesn't crumble or takes much longer to do do than the early 2000 and original stuff.
I have soooo much stuff from the 2000 that is still rock solid. My 2000 infareds are still rockin.

I don't know what the hell this guy did really.

That *#%+ looks moldy.

Spizike I would t want anything associated with that shoe for fear it would infect mine lol

laugh.gif
I would deep cleanse the tag and chain in a chemical bath and sanitize it 3 times, then leave it out to dry for a few days to make sure that I'm okay. Otherwise, I totally agree.. these are deadbeat done.

RIP
frown.gif

Originally Posted by lastchance21

its been 8 years since DMPs released so i'm not surprised seeing crumbled pairs..especially if you live in humid/tropical places. The heel tab of my DMPs broke since its made out of plastic..

Guess u stored them not well like i did withMy 2001 trueblue 3s.My 2000 infared 6s however survived so far,I mean the plastic didnt crack at all and i onlyHad to reglue the outsole from the midsole.Of course some paint chipping too.

Mine look completely fine. I just saw the post where the guy is selling those and he must've stored them very poorly or worn them in strange conditions because I've NEVER seen a pair look this bad.

sick.gif

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Looks like a totally different colorway.
30t6p3b.gif
I think they were soaked wet which I'm not sure how.

Maybe the paint got discoloration because the person used a strong cleaning agent or chemical to clean them.

I have a guy that plays football with me on the weekendds and he wears these to play and they look 100x better than these condition wise...smdh.

Originally Posted by lastchance21

I'm not sure where you're getting 8 from... These came out 1/28/2006. It's only been 6 1/2 years... Still not surprising though.

My bad I thought they released in 05 forgot haha.. thanks for the correction

I guess he was tryin to make his own version of "altitude green" VI's or a PE "sugar ray" version LMAO!!! those things are in BAD shape, I can't even see somebody buying them as a "restore" project!

Looks like these joints went through some sort of flood water/basement and it must have sat in it for some time.
eek.gif
eek.gif
by far the worse I've seen thus far for dmp 6s...

The DMP "Mold" VI's!!! 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

These are my grails, breaks my heart to see'em so poorly taken care of. If you know you live in a humid area like I do, you should have enough sense to throw some gel packs in for moisture and check on them weekly for drying or cracking. None of my shoes have ever looked like that, even my beaters.

It's very possible he lives in a very humid area where the shoes were also stored next to a bathroom or something. His closet could of been sharing walls with a shower and if he had a leak of some sort that would cause even more humidity that would cause the shoe to crumble like that.

Anyone remember the dude with all of that heat that fell apart? I think he was from Singapore or something.

Back
Top Bottom