DMX going at Jay-Z... says he lost respect for him when he became President of Def Jam

putting in work

Supporter
Heard it on the radio (Hot 97) this morning on my way to work...

They played the audio and he's just going in on Jay-Z...

I didn't get to hear what he said completely, but that fool sounded cracked out kind of on some parts that I heard...

man you got to give us more info than that
nerd.gif

Honestly I didn't get to hear the complete audio because they were like they'll play it when they return from a commercial break or something, but Ihad to go to work so I was like ehh whatever...

They did play a little audio clip though and I heard DMX saying things about Jay, but I really couldn't make out some parts to it...

DMX had NY on LOCK 10 years ago, I don't understand what happened.

Well, I do, but it's just sad to see.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

u lose respect for somebody for doing good? hmmm... probably because ur on crack...

OR maybe because he did a terrible job as the DJ president..

Originally Posted by yungmatt

u lose respect for somebody for doing good? hmmm... probably because ur on crack...

Something that people choose to ignore. Jay-Z's stint as president is one of the darker periods in Def Jam's history.

He was a figurehead...his influences and control were not people assumed it was. He's just an easy target because of his name...and the fact that most ofthe _'s that spoke out against him felt some type of way about him before he took the job. It was a lose/lose situation for him. Jay wasn't calling noshots forreal over there. And Jesus Christ himself could have had that job and none of them _'s was gonna move units.

That's funny I lost respect for him when he became a crack head, and started burning down houses, leaving his home with dogs in them and no one to care forthem,and impersonating Federal Officers at the airport, and not for nuthin, but Jay was Pres during a bad era LA Reid came into the picture turning it into aR&B label as if it were Arista all over again, and every rapper on the Def Jam roster was sour over that very few adapted to his position or even gave it achance I think his reign there could've been better if you didn't have everyone in the building acting like LL

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

That's funny I lost respect for him when he became a crack head, and started burning down houses, leaving his home with dogs in them and no one to care for them,and impersonating Federal Officers at the airport, and not for nuthin, but Jay was Pres during a bad era LA Reid came into the picture turning it into a R&B label as if it were Arista all over again, and every rapper on the Def Jam roster was sour over that very few adapted to his position or even gave it a chance I think his reign there could've been better if you didn't have everyone in the building acting like LL
Basically sums up my feelings. Dudes act like Jay took the position and because of him Def Jam and all it's artists spiraled into chaos. Ishtwas f'ed before, during and after Jay. I guess it's like Jay said though, dudes are only interesting when they mention Jay. How X gonna call Jay outand accuse him of being motivated by money? Yeah I'm sure Jay spent 5 mil to buy out his album because he's all about the money. See what successbrings? lol. Don't get it twisted, money is a concern, as it should be for anyone in the music business. But %%@ has X ever done for anyone but himself?Meanwhile Jay is preppin benefit concerts. You just gotta laugh at this stuff.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

He was a figurehead...his influences and control were not people assumed it was. He's just an easy target because of his name...and the fact that most of the _'s that spoke out against him felt some type of way about him before he took the job. It was a lose/lose situation for him. Jay wasn't calling no shots forreal over there. And Jesus Christ himself could have had that job and none of them _'s was gonna move units.
Overall, dude just got the position at a bad time. Record sales were starting to decline around this time for everyone, and he was coming back outwith his own music gettin hella promotion while dudes like Budden had they ribs showin.

I thought he was set for a comeback after all he's gone thru...down to even linking with Dame Grease again (which would be epic!) hope he can keep hismouth from slippin cuz it'll only make his path a more bumpy road

cmon man you think Jay-Z wants to do business with this crackhead right now? If I was Jay-Z running a multi-million dollar company I wouldn't want to workwith that clown thats for sure.

yall kill me blaming jay like he is really at fault for somebody not sellin... all them dudes on DJ that was complainin would never sell ever again... just like free and them... aint no point in wastin money to promote some +#%# that wont sell regardless...
The promotion wasn't the issue...it was the crappy music coming from there at the time, and when LA came in the focus in music shifted fromHip-hop to R&B that's when u had Tierra Marie, Rihanna, Ne-Yo, The Dream come in and they generated the numbers their hip-hop artists did when Liles& Lyor were in the building i think the only two hip-hop artists that signed during Jay's time there were Ross and Jeezy, all anyone else did was cryabout it and not DO WORK! in the studio

Back
Top Bottom