DMX going at Jay-Z... says he lost respect for him when he became President of Def Jam

Can't even watch that.

Had to turn it off after a few seconds. I hate when crack heads try to get deep, %$@$ is annoying.

Originally Posted by Dapper D

>

This whole video is .gif material.

It's sad and hysterical at the same time.

laugh.gif
tired.gif

x is my dude...im actually bumping the "then there was x" album as i type this...i hope he makes a comeback and deads the beef with hov...

X use to be my dude, i was young and _ had me feelin his music like i knew about his pain

flesh on my flesh is still one of my favorite cd's

...now I just hope dude gets his life straight

The part when he mentions the flip flops had me rolling. For whateva reason tho i really feel that X isn't coming off jealousy or hate like most otherartist i think that jay may have really done something grimy to dude

As if Jay cares what X gotta say...
smh.gif
...sound like a spurned lover...get over it and make that next meeting my %+%*@....He did have the game on smash for a hotminute but that rock has had him on smash for life...sad

Always makes me sad to see how my fav rapper X has fell from grace. X ran things back in the day. Its Dark And Hell Is Hot, Flesh of my Flesh, ... Than therewas X were classics. The Great Depression was iight but his last 2-3 were pure crap smh.

Originally Posted by EB4President

X use to be my dude, i was young and _ had me feelin his music like i knew about his pain

flesh on my flesh is still one of my favorite cd's

...now I just hope dude gets his life straight

$%*$ outta here yung...when that *$!@ came out yo !%+ was 11
laugh.gif

...your brother used to love that N' tho - we seen him in the Bahamas back in '99 and that N had the whole crowd HYPE!!! Hos was pullin they titteesout and everything..

He used to be such a powerful force to be reckoned with...that yak got his !%+ tho
tired.gif

Nah i have all of X's albums up until Great Depression...And Then There Was X had its moments but it is nowhere in the same class or ballpark as the 1sttwo and those were undeniable

son just salty cuz him and Jay came in the game around the same time and their careers took opposite paths

Regardless of X's situation he has a right to be mad and at the end of the day he's right in what he's saying. HYall acting like he's the onlyone who's expressed their distaste of Ol Man Jigga during his presidency on DJ.

For the ppl making excuses about how he was a figurehead and he wasn't making any moves that's even worse than if he did have the power and was #@*%@#%up. You get put in a situation like that and you content with getting a check and working with some lame artists instead of trying to do something with it thatwould benefit hip hop and music as a whole?

I just don't understand it. If I took the job and they thought I was gonna be on some figurehead shhh cuz of my popularity, working with w/e would'vehave benefited me they'd be in for a surprise but we've already come to the conclusion that this guy isn't the type of businessman.

Jay has left DJ for about 3 years now...Meth?...Red?...LL?....where are they now?

bizzy bone anyone? i wish dude the best.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Jay has left DJ for about 3 years now...Meth?...Red?...LL?....where are they now?

Meth & Red just dropped an album. Where have you been? It was a really good album too.

I honestly think LL low key retired with that last dud. Ask somebody from Cleveland what's good with anybody in Bone Thugs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Meth & Red just dropped an album. Where have you been? It was a really good album too.

I honestly think LL low key retired with that last dud. Ask somebody from Cleveland what's good with anybody in Bone Thugs
laugh.gif
His point was that they don't receive the commercial notoriety / marketing push NOW...that they were blaming Jay for not giving them THEN.

You got Joe Budden complaining about his project getting shelved...but when the smoke clears...the only place he can put an album out through is AmalgamDigital.

Everyone who spoke out against him were the _'s who weren't going to get a push from ANYWHERE in this current state in the game. The _'s that wasmaking the type of music that sold...were the ones who ate. That's not Jay's fault...that's politics. And even still it's a lose/lose for himbecause when it comes to the people that achieved at least moderate successful under his tenure (Jeezy, Ross, Rihanna, Fabolous, Ne-Yo, etc.)...critics aregoing to say they made themselves hot or someone else is responsible...but on the flipside...Joe Budden has to keep himself relevant by video pimping his girlon the internet and getting punched in the eye on blogs...and that's Jay-Z's fault.

I tend to try to stay away from these types of arguments that revolve around the business aspect...because at the end of the day...most people are going to lettheir feelings regarding the artist influence their take on hearsay information about business or personal dealing that we didn't take part in.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

laugh.gif

You got Joe Budden complaining about his project getting shelved...but when the smoke clears...the only place he can put an album out through is Amalgam Digital.

False, Joe didnt want to go to another Major.

And I will never understand how people hate so tough on Jay's stint as president. He didnt give those a marketing push who he knew would not sell. He putout Rihanna, Jeezy, Rick Ross, The-Dream all who hav sold well. So in my book duke did a good job, altough he may have brushed off cats that he knew wouldntsell.

laugh.gif
His point was that they don't receive the commercial notoriety / marketing push NOW...that they were blaming Jay for not giving them THEN.

You got Joe Budden complaining about his project getting shelved...but when the smoke clears...the only place he can put an album out through is Amalgam Digital.

Everyone who spoke out against him were the _'s who weren't going to get a push from ANYWHERE in this current state in the game. The _'s that was making the type of music that sold...were the ones who ate. That's not Jay's fault...that's politics. And even still it's a lose/lose for him because when it comes to the people that achieved at least moderate successful under his tenure (Jeezy, Ross, Rihanna, Fabolous, Ne-Yo, etc.)...critics are going to say they made themselves hot or someone else is responsible...but on the flipside...Joe Budden has to keep himself relevant by video pimping his girl on the internet and getting punched in the eye on blogs...and that's Jay-Z's fault.

I tend to try to stay away from these types of arguments that revolve around the business aspect...because at the end of the day...most people are going to let their feelings regarding the artist influence their take on hearsay information about business or personal dealing that we didn't take part in.

well said.

laugh.gif

Everyone who spoke out against him were the _'s who weren't going to get a push from ANYWHERE in this current state in the game. The _'s that was making the type of music that sold...were the ones who ate. That's not Jay's fault...that's politics. And even still it's a lose/lose for him because when it comes to the people that achieved at least moderate successful under his tenure (Jeezy, Ross, Rihanna, Fabolous, Ne-Yo, etc.)...critics are going to say they made themselves hot or someone else is responsible...but on the flipside...Joe Budden has to keep himself relevant by video pimping his girl on the internet and getting punched in the eye on blogs...and that's Jay-Z's fault.

I tend to try to stay away from these types of arguments that revolve around the business aspect...because at the end of the day...most people are going to let their feelings regarding the artist influence their take on hearsay information about business or personal dealing that we didn't take part in.
I'm pretty sure all the artists on DJ that was doing it the same time with Jay was expecting something different than that same talk. It justtakes hype and good music to start a movement to get your sales up. I mean at least going gold. They look at what he did as no different than anyone else beingin charge since they got no type of support and I'd assume that's from every angle. As far as getting credit there is none to get if he was just afigurehead like ppl are saying in here. He did what he was suppose to do just by doing a collab or being in someone's video.

I really don't get where most ppl argue this from he either was the president had a hand in artists on the come up success and ignored other artists on thelabel or he was just a figurehead and had no say and just played that role for the money.

Back
Top Bottom