DMX going at Jay-Z... says he lost respect for him when he became President of Def Jam

#*# is Dark Man X on?!!?
laugh.gif

At first i thought he was trying to mock himself.. but he really is acting like that!

Tyrese probably wanted to get the hell outta there ASAP
laugh.gif

Is that new music in the vid? Sounds real smooth.

Hopefully the crack makes him create some music that's on some other level steez.

laugh.gif
people are hilarious

it's easy as a weak man to blame another man for your wackness as opposed to taking responsibility for yourself. Jay discovered one of the biggest popstars in Rihanna (even tho she is weak), he was instrumental in Ne-yos career, who is currently the biggest r&b writer in all of music. Helped Kanye bepretty much the biggest hip hop artist in the game. Put out one of the most talented up and coming r&b artists in Chrisette Michelle. And at the time hewas there, Def Jam moved more units than any other label. Yet he failed?

I guess Jay woulda been the man if he helped drop a bunch of old flop artists and watched them go triple bubble wrap...then he would have been successful.
laugh.gif

It's almost like some of the idiots who decided to vote for Obama because he's black. "we got a black president yall...that means !!%# is gonna beeasy for us now yall!
pimp.gif
". Obama is the President of the United States...not the President of the NAACP.

Just like Jay was the president of Def Jam as a whole, not the old washed up LL/crackman X division. Just because he is rapper, that doesn't make himsolely responsible for all of them.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Jay has left DJ for about 3 years now...Meth?...Red?...LL?....where are they now?

bizzy bone anyone? i wish dude the best.
Meth & Red just dropped an album. Where have you been? It was a really good album too.

I honestly think LL low key retired with that last dud. Ask somebody from Cleveland what's good with anybody in Bone Thugs
laugh.gif
His point was that they don't receive the commercial notoriety / marketing push NOW...that they were blaming Jay for not giving them THEN.

You got Joe Budden complaining about his project getting shelved...but when the smoke clears...the only place he can put an album out through is Amalgam Digital.

Everyone who spoke out against him were the _'s who weren't going to get a push from ANYWHERE in this current state in the game. The _'s that was making the type of music that sold...were the ones who ate. That's not Jay's fault...that's politics. And even still it's a lose/lose for him because when it comes to the people that achieved at least moderate successful under his tenure (Jeezy, Ross, Rihanna, Fabolous, Ne-Yo, etc.)...critics are going to say they made themselves hot or someone else is responsible...but on the flipside...Joe Budden has to keep himself relevant by video pimping his girl on the internet and getting punched in the eye on blogs...and that's Jay-Z's fault.

I tend to try to stay away from these types of arguments that revolve around the business aspect...because at the end of the day...most people are going to let their feelings regarding the artist influence their take on hearsay information about business or personal dealing that we didn't take part in.

Couldnt have said it better myself.Jay was in a lose/lose. I see his situation kinda like u and a friend both are coworkers he bust his behind does a good joband u just do just enough to get by. He gets a promotion becomes ur boss and u expect to get moved up or special treatment because u 2 cut from the same cloth.But he declines cause his experiences working wit u shows him ur not a good canidate. u become salty and say man is sell out ego trippen or w/e

Jay has left DJ for about 3 years now...Meth?...Red?...LL?....where are they now?

Meth & Red just dropped an album. Where have you been? It was a really good album too.

I honestly think LL low key retired with that last dud. Ask somebody from Cleveland what's good with anybody in Bone Thugs
laugh.gif
His point was that they don't receive the commercial notoriety / marketing push NOW...that they were blaming Jay for not giving them THEN.

You got Joe Budden complaining about his project getting shelved...but when the smoke clears...the only place he can put an album out through is Amalgam Digital.

Everyone who spoke out against him were the _'s who weren't going to get a push from ANYWHERE in this current state in the game. The _'s that was making the type of music that sold...were the ones who ate. That's not Jay's fault...that's politics. And even still it's a lose/lose for him because when it comes to the people that achieved at least moderate successful under his tenure (Jeezy, Ross, Rihanna, Fabolous, Ne-Yo, etc.)...critics are going to say they made themselves hot or someone else is responsible...but on the flipside...Joe Budden has to keep himself relevant by video pimping his girl on the internet and getting punched in the eye on blogs...and that's Jay-Z's fault.

I tend to try to stay away from these types of arguments that revolve around the business aspect...because at the end of the day...most people are going to let their feelings regarding the artist influence their take on hearsay information about business or personal dealing that we didn't take part in.

thanks duke. dont have time/patience to type up the obvious.

I'm just now watching this video cause I couldn't watch it at work but what I took from that is X thought Jay was his man and because he was thePresident...that he was going to have a green light.

Who's fault is that?

only spot where HOV went wrong was not marketing Joey....cuz dude is easily top 5 in the game idk what made jay not put him out

Looking at that vid I couldn't help but think of this
tired.gif

above_l.jpg

X on some "Can't erase what we were" steez. I hope he gets back on his feet 1st and foremost and maybe some dope music will follow.

i guess i'd hate the whole world too if i were a junkie.

REALLY DMX??? last i remember, YOU were the one w/ the problem. no need to talk when YOU haven't cleaned your act up.

the nerve of some people.

Im Not You wrote:
I'm just now watching this video cause I couldn't watch it at work but what I took from that is X thought Jay was his man and because he was the President...that he was going to have a green light.

Who's fault is that?
That's exactly what happened, but he also said that Jay listened to his material told him it was hot and he'd get it pushed and then lefton vacation leaving X in the wind. That's why he is saying "you leave your man for some chankletas?" I don't know about yall, but I feel Xisn't the type to make things up, and Jay does seem like he would do something like that. It is pretty %@$%@! up especially between friends but I think Xneeds to get over it. We don't know what they were speaking about prior to what we saw though so I doubt X has turned into a mad man who just goes aroundcursing Hovs name all day. They probably just happened to be on the subject

Originally Posted by philly5fan

only spot where HOV went wrong was not marketing Joey....cuz dude is easily top 5 in the game idk what made jay not put him out
Why isn't anyone marketing him now?

laugh.gif

QFT
and I'm a Joe Budden fan
eyes.gif

dang that was hard to watch, he need's to get help, I wonder what was going through Tyrese's mind haha

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Why isn't anyone marketing him now?

Exactly i think Jay forsaw wat would become of joey(hindsight is a botch aint it) Overall i think he did a decent job.Def Jam was going down the toilet andfast. No artist was gettin any real major buzz.

this realli disappointed me i realli tho he stopped doin drugs u saw tyrese's face wen X was talking smfh

X has a point...

I mean Jay's fans believe he can do no wrong, he was an AWFUL president of Def Jam and that's why they didn't renew his contract... He got the jobjust doing under handed @!+# anyway, the secret IDJ meetings that was goin on when he was recordin Black Album, not lettin Dame and the rest of the Roc A Fellastaff know what was goin on... The job was meant to be Irv's once Lyor and Kev Liles left, but he was goin through his FED situation... I'm sure Damewas considered... Only reason Jay became the president is so Def Jam could keep him on the label as an artist... Notice how after they didn't renew hiscontract he bolted...

You guys think they were wowed with his executive decisions?? You serious, Jay Z thought it was a good idea to sign Memphis Bleek to Roc A Fella but didn'twanna sign Kanye... He clearly doesn't do well in a position of power of that nature... He didn't wanna sign Cam or Diplomats... Dude is a straightHATER... he doesn't wanna see anyone do good but himself...

...in the time he took to make that video he could have been in studio though making hot music
grin.gif
grin.gif

only so much push regardless you can get if your particular genre overall aint bringing in that much money for the label and your music aint hot (w/o gimmicks)

Back
Top Bottom