DMX going at Jay-Z... says he lost respect for him when he became President of Def Jam

tired.gif
smh.gif
at what X has become. I recently took down a poster I had of dude since 2000. He was most definitely my favorite rapper once upon a time. In a way, heintroduced me to the game with his debut album, and I ran with him.

This may be the fan in me talking, but I think X still has something left if he'd clean up. He is what the game's been missing, especially NY.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

X has a point...

I mean Jay's fans believe he can do no wrong, he was an AWFUL president of Def Jam and that's why they didn't renew his contract... He got the job just doing under handed @!+# anyway, the secret IDJ meetings that was goin on when he was recordin Black Album, not lettin Dame and the rest of the Roc A Fella staff know what was goin on... The job was meant to be Irv's once Lyor and Kev Liles left, but he was goin through his FED situation... I'm sure Dame was considered... Only reason Jay became the president is so Def Jam could keep him on the label as an artist... Notice how after they didn't renew his contract he bolted...

You guys think they were wowed with his executive decisions?? You serious, Jay Z thought it was a good idea to sign Memphis Bleek to Roc A Fella but didn't wanna sign Kanye... He clearly doesn't do well in a position of power of that nature... He didn't wanna sign Cam or Diplomats... Dude is a straight HATER... he doesn't wanna see anyone do good but himself...
ok, now lets say the fans can see that jay was a bad president. place blame on him for the three years of bad pres work...now whts the problem?ishe still the blame?

Originally Posted by 1stand15th

Looking at that vid I couldn't help but think of this
tired.gif

above_l.jpg

X on some "Can't erase what we were" steez. I hope he gets back on his feet 1st and foremost and maybe some dope music will follow.

wasnt this joke/relation already made?

dont ..........ehh no lulz buddy.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by 1stand15th

Looking at that vid I couldn't help but think of this
tired.gif

above_l.jpg

X on some "Can't erase what we were" steez. I hope he gets back on his feet 1st and foremost and maybe some dope music will follow.
wasnt this joke/relation already made?

dont ..........ehh no lulz buddy.
Word he jacked that from the Hell Rell/Juelz thread.

THAT'S SO LAME

X has a point...

I mean Jay's fans believe he can do no wrong, he was an AWFUL president of Def Jam and that's why they didn't renew his contract... He got the job just doing under handed @!+# anyway, the secret IDJ meetings that was goin on when he was recordin Black Album, not lettin Dame and the rest of the Roc A Fella staff know what was goin on... The job was meant to be Irv's once Lyor and Kev Liles left, but he was goin through his FED situation... I'm sure Dame was considered... Only reason Jay became the president is so Def Jam could keep him on the label as an artist... Notice how after they didn't renew his contract he bolted...

You guys think they were wowed with his executive decisions?? You serious, Jay Z thought it was a good idea to sign Memphis Bleek to Roc A Fella but didn't wanna sign Kanye... He clearly doesn't do well in a position of power of that nature... He didn't wanna sign Cam or Diplomats... Dude is a straight HATER... he doesn't wanna see anyone do good but himself...
ok, now lets say the fans can see that jay was a bad president. place blame on him for the three years of bad pres work...now whts the problem?is he still the blame?

Not sure if you heard but Jay's replacement committed suicide... Since then there has been no real Pres of IDJ, LA Reid is running it...

Love Vs Money (#2)
Deeper Than Rap (#1)
The Last Kiss (#3)
Loso's Way (#1)
Epiphany (#1)
Jermih (#6)
Blackout 2 (#7)

7 albums debut in the top 10 in 9 months... Yea they are deffinetly struggling since Jay Z's departure... There hasnt been any TRUE flops on the label thisyear, the only people that didn't sell well are the lesser known acts (Willy Northpole, Swag Surf guys, Electrik Red etc)

Jay wasnt awful. Basically make more money than the year before and find new talent and he did that. he didn't fail thats for sure. Jay's presidencywas a success considering he's never had that position and basically took a "crack" at it.

X has a point...

ok, now lets say the fans can see that jay was a bad president. place blame on him for the three years of bad pres work...now whts the problem?is he still the blame?

Not sure if you heard but Jay's replacement committed suicide... Since then there has been no real Pres of IDJ, LA Reid is running it...

Love Vs Money (#2)
Deeper Than Rap (#1)
The Last Kiss (#3)
Loso's Way (#1)
Epiphany (#1)
Jermih (#6)
Blackout 2 (#7)

7 albums debut in the top 10 in 9 months... Yea they are deffinetly struggling since Jay Z's departure... There hasnt been any TRUE flops on the label this year, the only people that didn't sell well are the lesser known acts (Willy Northpole, Swag Surf guys, Electrik Red etc)

so are sayin jay a bad pres and this is proof or.....what?

yes i knew shakir committed suicide (read an article when dude accepted, seemed lik a great pick) but im missin your point, how is jay still the culprit whichis my question.

roll.gif
@ ^^ posting those weak %!! numbers to prove LA Reid is having success. First week chart position don't mean a damn thing in terms of albumsuccess. Let's see...out of all those albums how many went gold? None How many had platinum selling singles? None Hell, as dope as Chrisette Michelle is,the only reason she went number 1 is cause they sold her album at the same price of two 5 piece nuggets and a small fry from Wendy's...no drink. You'regonna need some new evidence
laugh.gif

How many hip hop/R&B albums have went gold or platinum this year... from ANY label?? If Def Jam is having such a dreadful year, care to inform me whaturban label is doing better??... I'll be waiting...

I mean none of us worked under him... Its the people that DID that are complaining... X, Meth, LL, Budden, Free, etc...

So since we as fans can't determine if he was not fit for the job who can?? You guys aren't willing to take the word of those who actually worked underhim... If you won't believe them then your just not willing to accept that he wasn't a good pres... The only successful projects were R&B while hewas there (other than the southern hip hop acts which he had little to no involvement in their projects or their signings), unless that's what they signedhim for... But of course that would mean LA Reid was there for their hip hop acts...

When has Jay Z ever been known to find talented artists?? Roc A Fella was established in what 95/96 from THAT point to the break up in 04/05 WHO can you saywas successful because of Jays doing?? He brought ONE N to the table Bleek, and he's TRASH... couldn't even broker a fair deal with his own friends Jazor Sauce... Dame is the one that was makin moves towards improving the roster... State Prop, Dip Set, ODB, Kanye West, tried to get Twista

Shakir Stewart found Rick Ross and got him over to IDJ, Tina Davis & LA Reid found Ne-Yo & got him to IDJ,

Jay signed
Tru Life (NEVER CAME OUT)
Uncle Murda (NEVER CAME OUT)
Sam Scarfo (NEVER CAME OUT)
The one kid from Atlantic City (NEVER CAME OUT)
Aztec (NEVER CAME OUT)
Foxy Brown to the ROC (NEVER CAME OUT)

Damn...
laugh.gif
not going to lie I thought this dude Nay dislike for Jay was making his view on the subject biased, but you know what... everything this dude justwrote right before this post is true...

I'm with Harlem on the Rise... this dude just convinced me...

I'm surprised most of you dudes haven't blame Jay for the War in Iraq. Seems like your willing to blame him for everything else in life.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I'm surprised most of you dudes haven't blame Jay for the War in Iraq. Seems like your willing to blame him for everything else in life.
The use of hyperbole in this post is just too much.
laugh.gif

We can blame him for that too... Cause all the cats he signed would've been better off joining the ARMY...

Lmao

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Silence, Malik Cox.

Why do Jay stans act like he can do NO wrong?

It's sickening, he could murder their entire family and they would find a way to justify it.

We can blame him for that too... Cause all the cats he signed would've been better off joining the ARMY...
roll.gif

I never knew a MAN could blame another MAN for his downfall or shortcomings in life. I guess some dudes just aren't built as strong as they would likethemselves or others to believe.

LOL @ posting those chart #s like that includes total sales.

Them _s assed out over there. No further comment.

Isn't being the president of ANY thing putting you in a position where you're responsible for others to an extent??

Furthermore, how you bring MANhood into this... Jay wasn't MAN enuff to let Dame know about the underhanded *!** he was doin @ IDJ... Ns organizing SECRETmeetings, that's some female *!**, secret breakfeast meetings... Jay wasn't MAN enuff to tell the Diplomats he aint want them on the Roc The Mictour...

How do you honestly bring MANhood into a convo on Jay, if you respect being a stand up guy, how can you turn around and support Jay Z while he's doin allthis sneaky lil girl *!** behind grown men backs...

DMX is partly right though. The whole reason Jay was brought in Under LA Reid was so that he help handle the HipHop acts the right way. LA Reid is the boss butlike everyone has said, he was better with R&B. Jay-Z was supposed to help LA Reid be as good with the HipHop as he was with R&B. The only thing wasthat Jay only seemed to care about the Acts that he personally brought in (Jeezy, Ross and Rihanna) and didn't care about anyone else. (Including all theold Rocafella Acts). DMX should have got the push from DefJam that he was looking for because ALL of his albums, except for the latest one, have debuted at #1and they've all gone platinum or better. DMX, crazy or not, has a wide and dedicated fan base that will buy his albums no matter what. He has a reason tobe mad. I don't see why he wouldn't get top priority from the label when he's sold more records than Jeezy, Rick Ross and Rihanna COMBINED.

yo, without postin 3 paragraphs that has nothin to do with what i ask, answer MY QUESTION.

How is he still the one to blame? Like i dont care if he was good or bad, im not invested in anyway. but how is he still the blame? You not answerin myquestion.

am i crazy and missin the point due to these pills, or is he ignorin my question? like other posters am i missin somethin?

Back
Top Bottom