DMX going at Jay-Z... says he lost respect for him when he became President of Def Jam

Nay, at the end of the day we're talking about a crackhead, convicted felon and a dead beat father. Not exactly the kind ofperson who's words I would take as the truth necessarily. Nobody was checking for DMX around the time that Jay was President. Why supply if there'sno demand, that's a waste of time and money. All the Jay Z haters from Jaz O, to Dame, to DMX to the countless others have to ask themselves what they didor didn't do to find themselves in the current position that they are in. All I'm seeing and hearing is complaining from these guys, and to meit's rather feminine.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Nay, at the end of the day we're talking about a crackhead, convicted felon and a dead beat father. Not exactly the kind of person who's words I would take as the truth necessarily. Nobody was checking for DMX around the time that Jay was President. Why supply if there's no demand, that's a waste of time and money. All the Jay Z haters from Jaz O, to Dame, to DMX to the countless others have to ask themselves what they did or didn't do to find themselves in the current position that they are in. All I'm seeing and hearing is complaining from these guys, and to me it's rather feminine.
see, im willin to look past all that, "ok, jay is the blame, he sucked as president etc." but how long do you continue to blame anotherman? thats what i want answered.

Honestly?! Who the %+#@ cares about what DMX has to say??!! Seriously, the guy hasn't been relevant for years

Stay in your pocket, X, and stay off the powder

Who said he was to blame for what's goin on now??

They refused to renew his contract a year or 2 ago... So they already figuired out he wouldn't be the solution...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

How many hip hop/R&B albums have went gold or platinum this year... from ANY label?? If Def Jam is having such a dreadful year, care to inform me what urban label is doing better??... I'll be waiting...

I mean none of us worked under him... Its the people that DID that are complaining... X, Meth, LL, Budden, Free, etc...

So since we as fans can't determine if he was not fit for the job who can?? You guys aren't willing to take the word of those who actually worked under him... If you won't believe them then your just not willing to accept that he wasn't a good pres... The only successful projects were R&B while he was there (other than the southern hip hop acts which he had little to no involvement in their projects or their signings), unless that's what they signed him for... But of course that would mean LA Reid was there for their hip hop acts...

When has Jay Z ever been known to find talented artists?? Roc A Fella was established in what 95/96 from THAT point to the break up in 04/05 WHO can you say was successful because of Jays doing?? He brought ONE N to the table Bleek, and he's TRASH... couldn't even broker a fair deal with his own friends Jaz or Sauce... Dame is the one that was makin moves towards improving the roster... State Prop, Dip Set, ODB, Kanye West, tried to get Twista

Shakir Stewart found Rick Ross and got him over to IDJ, Tina Davis & LA Reid found Ne-Yo & got him to IDJ,

Jay signed
Tru Life (NEVER CAME OUT)
Uncle Murda (NEVER CAME OUT)
Sam Scarfo (NEVER CAME OUT)
The one kid from Atlantic City (NEVER CAME OUT)
Aztec (NEVER CAME OUT)
Foxy Brown to the ROC (NEVER CAME OUT)
The answer to your first question is Shady/Aftermath

K?thxbai

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

laugh.gif
people are hilarious

it's easy as a weak man to blame another man for your wackness as opposed to taking responsibility for yourself. Jay discovered one of the biggest pop stars in Rihanna (even tho she is weak), he was instrumental in Ne-yos career, who is currently the biggest r&b writer in all of music. Helped Kanye be pretty much the biggest hip hop artist in the game. Put out one of the most talented up and coming r&b artists in Chrisette Michelle. And at the time he was there, Def Jam moved more units than any other label. Yet he failed?

I guess Jay woulda been the man if he helped drop a bunch of old flop artists and watched them go triple bubble wrap...then he would have been successful.
laugh.gif

It's almost like some of the idiots who decided to vote for Obama because he's black. "we got a black president yall...that means !!%# is gonna be easy for us now yall!
pimp.gif
". Obama is the President of the United States...not the President of the NAACP.

Just like Jay was the president of Def Jam as a whole, not the old washed up LL/crackman X division. Just because he is rapper, that doesn't make him solely responsible for all of them.
smokin.gif

I hope the album DMX submitted and Jay said it was hot wasn't Year of the Dog...that @$%@ was worst album I've ever heard.

Shady/Aftermath??
laugh.gif
they've released ONE album this year... They can't even generate enuff intrest around a 50 Cent project after they fumbled thelast project... If anything they're worse... who else is on that label?? !%@@!! Bobby Creekwater?? His album will come out the same day as Papoose... Itsalready Sept and 50 has 0 buzz, the general public has grew tired of waitin for Detox since Dre gave Game all the beats 5 years ago...

Jay didn't discover Neyo what are you talkin about??
laugh.gif
Neyo had a few deals before he got to Def Jam, how the #%%+ is that discovering someone??...Especially when it was Tina Davis & LA Reid that did that anyway...

Its not even a President of a labels job to find talent ANYway (unless their independent)... I think its hilarious that you guys are trying to defend him withbogus claims... He didn't even wanna sign Kanye you freak
laugh.gif
, Dame Dash took the chance on him... (the story of Jay not believing Kanye would besuccessful is well known) Chrisete Michelle?? I'm willing to bet LA Reid had more to do with her (marginal) success than Jay... Unless he was just in hisoffice twirling his thumbs, letter Jay Z handle every R&B project...
laugh.gif

Jay signed Teaira Marie to the ROC... her +%#% FLOPPED, Rihanna is still on IDJ, him being a friend or associate of hers doesn't put him in any position totake credit for her success... Do you realize what you're saying?? You have a label with LA Reid and you're giving JAY Z credit for the successfulR&B releases...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Everyone knows the little name dropped facts that have been put out there. It's common knowledge that Tina Davis got Ne-yo signed. What's your point?Besides that, she had little to do with his career because her main focus was Chris Brown. She brought him to Def Jam and left.

"Let's first clear this thing about Dame and Kanye and all of us. We all had a conversation about Kanye and whether to sign him. No one knew whatwould become of Kanye. Not Dame, not me not Biggs. So we all sat down and said, "Let's at least sign so we can keep the tracks in-house. It's onlygood business." And Dame said, "We can put Beans and Cam, surround him and make this type of album." I wasn't saying don't sign Kanye, Iwas saying, at least keep the beats in-house, if anything. I don know. Maybe, maybe not. Let's keep him here. Dame came up with the idea of surrounding himwith Roc-A-Fella artists on his album, which never came out, 'cause when the album came in, everyone was like, "Oh this is good." He stood on hisown. If anything, I should be credited for wanting to sign him for his tracks. So even if Dame did sign him, he was gone at that time. I engineered thosealbum. In my years there, even if Tina Davis signed Ne-Yo, she was gone. They were gonna drop Ne-Yo until Ty-Ty [Tyran Smith; former Def Jam VP of A&R] puthis hand up and said, "I'll do that project"." So there's no Ne-Yo if I'm not there. I scrapped on of his videos that no one knowsabout, pulled Hype Williams, pulled June Ambrose, my stylist, made the "So Sick" video, and he's outta here. Rihanna, there's just no gettingaround that. So in three years, I've worked on Kanye, Ne-Yo and Rihanna. I don't even wanna talk about the Fab record that was mine ["Money Goes,Honey Stay (When The Money Goes Remix)" off Fab's latest LP, "Loso's Way], Jeezy doing "Go Crazy (Remix)" in my office. Itdoesn't even make sense to
like that, cause it's childish"

So while Jay Z was working all the successful projects what was LA Reid doing?? Cause he kept his job while Jay didn't...

Look @ this N trying to take credit for everything
smh.gif
... He wants us to believe Ty Ty (who's job description/ esume' includes what?) is the reasonNeyo stayed on the label... Jay Z/Roc A Fella has NEVER had a Gold/Platinum selling R&B artist... EVER... So you want me to believe that he'sresponsible for the success of R&B acts, @ the same time LA Ried who helped introduce, TLC, Usher, Outkast, Toni Braxton to name a few, was there... Comeon... What was he doing all that time?? Working with the hardcore hip hop acts??

You guys are letting your love for Jay Z as an artist cloud your judgement...

Tell me why Ol Man Jigga was reading this thread and got aggy over Nay's posts.
"Let's first clear this thing about Dame and Kanye and all of us. We all had a conversation about Kanye and whether to sign him. No one knew what would become of Kanye. Not Dame, not me not Biggs. So we all sat down and said, "Let's at least sign so we can keep the tracks in-house. It's only good business." And Dame said, "We can put Beans and Cam, surround him and make this type of album." I wasn't saying don't sign Kanye, I was saying, at least keep the beats in-house, if anything. I don know. Maybe, maybe not. Let's keep him here. Dame came up with the idea of surrounding him with Roc-A-Fella artists on his album, which never came out, 'cause when the album came in, everyone was like, "Oh this is good." He stood on his own. If anything, I should be credited for wanting to sign him for his tracks. So even if Dame did sign him, he was gone at that time. I engineered those album. In my years there, even if Tina Davis signed Ne-Yo, she was gone. They were gonna drop Ne-Yo until Ty-Ty [Tyran Smith; former Def Jam VP of A&R] put his hand up and said, "I'll do that project"." So there's no Ne-Yo if I'm not there. I scrapped on of his videos that no one knows about, pulled Hype Williams, pulled June Ambrose, my stylist, made the "So Sick" video, and he's outta here. Rihanna, there's just no getting around that. So in three years, I've worked on Kanye, Ne-Yo and Rihanna. I don't even wanna talk about the Fab record that was mine ["Money Goes, Honey Stay (When The Money Goes Remix)" off Fab's latest LP, "Loso's Way], Jeezy doing "Go Crazy (Remix)" in my office. It doesn't even make sense to
like that, cause it's childish."

From his XXL interview
laugh.gif

*Finishes listing accomplishments*
It doesn't even make sense to

like that, cause it's childish."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

http://2dopeboyz.okayplay...st-dame-dash/#more-55654

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

laugh.gif
people are hilarious

it's easy as a weak man to blame another man for your wackness as opposed to taking responsibility for yourself. Jay discovered one of the biggest pop stars in Rihanna (even tho she is weak), he was instrumental in Ne-yos career, who is currently the biggest r&b writer in all of music. Helped Kanye be pretty much the biggest hip hop artist in the game. Put out one of the most talented up and coming r&b artists in Chrisette Michelle. And at the time he was there, Def Jam moved more units than any other label. Yet he failed?

I guess Jay woulda been the man if he helped drop a bunch of old flop artists and watched them go triple bubble wrap...then he would have been successful.
laugh.gif

It's almost like some of the idiots who decided to vote for Obama because he's black. "we got a black president yall...that means !!%# is gonna be easy for us now yall!
pimp.gif
". Obama is the President of the United States...not the President of the NAACP.

Just like Jay was the president of Def Jam as a whole, not the old washed up LL/crackman X division. Just because he is rapper, that doesn't make him solely responsible for all of them.
yeah I always felt he did a decent job from the business side. Some pretty successful acts came out during that time. And albums came out fromsome cats that dont really sell that much, like The Roots and GFK. It really didnt matter though, people were gonna find fault anyway.

Back
Top Bottom