Do kids still go trick or treating in your neighborhood?

W)taps

formerly worldgonemad
Last year my neighborhood had zero tick or treaters. My neighborhood used to be popping couple years back.. guess everyone just grew up

Your hood must be drying up. Took my lil cousin trick or treating last year and she feasted

Nah kids haven't come around my neighborhood in years.

Pretty much everyone heads to the affluent white neighborhoods, don't blame them in the slightest. That's how you come back with that sack

Hell yea they do.

I put some candy in their lil bucket and they just stand there with it still out until I put more in.
Lil greedy bastards.

Cats don't eem wear costumes talkin bout
"I'm Peter parker"
Foh

Its been like 5+ years since I had any trick or treaters come by. I didn't see any out in the neighborhood last year. I think theyre going to the mall or something

Not the same anymore, last year had like 1 family come by. Rolling deep in a suburban get out hit up my block and then drive off. To much tampering with candy and stuff these days. I think most parents take the kids to the mall.

I live in the suburbs so there are plenty of kids out there going door to door on Halloween

Nope. When I was a kid trick or treating was a adventure. We used to be out a good 2 hours going from neighborhood to neighborhood.

Military housing is the best spot for trick or treating. My neighborhood is pretty dry that night.

Whats trunk or treat?

You go to a school or church parking lot, everybody has their trunk popped and bowls/bags of candy in them. The kids go car to car and pick up candy then chill with their friends in the parking lot until it ends or the parents are ready to leave.

Some schools around here make it a little event with snacks and stuff provided for the adults :smokin

You go to a school or church parking lot, everybody has their trunk popped and bowls/bags of candy in them. The kids go car to car and pick up candy then chill with their friends in the parking lot until it ends or the parents are ready to leave.

Some schools around here make it a little event with snacks and stuff provided for the adults :smokin

Thats a good idea. Sounds a lot safer for the kids.

A younger me woulda been pissed not being able to be out and about causing a ruckus tho :lol:

A younger me woulda been pissed not being able to be out and about causing a ruckus tho :lol:
I'm saying though. Barring Christmas, Halloween was the one holiday I looked forward to as a kid. That was always OUR night where the adults would loosen up and let the kids be kids. I got myself into plenty of trouble on those nights, but I don't regret a second of it. Those are memories that will stay with me forever. I feel bad for the kids these days that don't have the opportunity to experience that.

It's definitely not what is used to be. Maybe in some areas. The last few years around my hood was dead.

You lucky. I don’t get as many as previous years. Sucks for the kids that a lot of religious families that don’t celebrate halloween moved into the neighborhood.

Nope. When I was a kid trick or treating was a adventure. We used to be out a good 2 hours going from neighborhood to neighborhood.

My area used to be popping as a kid. Halloween used to be my favorite holiday just due to the adventure and my birthday is in October. I used to go to the suburban part of town since I lived in a more rural area and would hit up every house with my friends. Literally rows and rows of houses and they all would give out candy. We would start around 6 and go until 10/11 at night. We would even get on our bikes and ride to different areas. There was this one more private/affluent area where all the large mansions/homes were and we would ride down there long driveways and knock on their doors/doorbells. They would always have the best candy like the King Size Hershey's Chocolate bars. We would even bring multiple costumes so we could hit up those houses multiple times. At the end of the night we would meet at the cemetery that was next to the suburbs where we would always begin so we could count who got the most candy. One time when I was younger like 12/13 me and my friends even walked straight into a high school halloween party and started grabbing candy out of the bowls they had inside the house. These older kids were staring at us like what are these little kids doing here. No one really said or did anything so we just dipped after we took most of it. My favorite part was our parents always let us go by ourselves as long as we stayed together. One time a house that had a huge display/setup with lights and ghosts on ziplines across the frontyard went up in flames due to the display I believe and we watched it burn while casually eating our candy on the sidewalk across the street. All of the kids/parents on street actually gathered around until the firetrucks showed up.

Back
Top Bottom