Do material things make you happy?

lets just say that if my gf wore some jordans while we had sex, i'd be one happy individual.

They do, temporarily... then you get bored of things; may it be a car, a game, a pair of shoes. Then you end up buying more to rejuvenate the feeling, its anever ending process
smh.gif
ohwell.gif

i always wanted a big ol flatscreen...finally last feburary i bought a 40 in 1080 p for 800 which was a steal...proceded by my first lap top..an hp for700.....and onestly i can say that it doesnt mean nothing to me now its all just material things which dont matter at the end of the day

Yes to a certain extent, but to be honest, and I don't care how corny it sounds....

Money can't get you true happiness.

Originally Posted by M16

Yes to a certain extent, but to be honest, and I don't care how corny it sounds....

Not corny at all. And that whats funny about us as humans. The wants do nothing for us truly. Yeah I'm happy to get a new game or TV just like the nextman, but the truly meaningful things of life really never get old. I'd rather be poor and happy than rich and sad.

I think they do.

If somebody has memories or emotions that are connected to the object.

Kind of like if you were digging through your garage and found something that reminded you of a certain person or event.

Even though it's a material object, it still has value worth more than money.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by jumpman247

I don't know about you but material things make me happy, I don't understand how people can say they don't make you happy. Family is great too, I
love my family, but nothing can beat the feeling of going shopping and buying clothes, or buying a new car, or a house (even though I've never purchased my
own house) Those things make you feel wonderful, material things are the best.
You have an empty life then my brother. Material possessions are nice, but they aren't everything.

I concur!

Ngl, I love my things. I appreciate what I have though.

And for a quote I saw on a t-shirt once, "Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy things to make me happy."

Material things provide short-term happiness..which sometimes is needed to get through life cuz finding hard-term happiness is a lot, lot harder...haha

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by jumpman247

I don't know about you but material things make me happy, I don't understand how people can say they don't make you happy. Family is great too, I love my family, but nothing can beat the feeling of going shopping and buying clothes, or buying a new car, or a house (even though I've never purchased my own house) Those things make you feel wonderful, material things are the best.
You have an empty life then my brother. Material possessions are nice, but they aren't everything.
most people only realise this when +%+@ gets real ugly...

Originally Posted by acidicality

Material things provide short-term happiness..which sometimes is needed to get through life cuz finding hard-term happiness is a lot, lot harder...haha
QFT.

Whats funny is every otherday somebody making a thread on NT about how empty their life is.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by M16

its not corny i agree an i def like material things

i like good food, sex and health over material things btw

Back
Top Bottom