laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 35KD

Gary-Payton.jpg

the Glove 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Gary  with that 18 Dummy...[color= rgb(102, 0, 255)]The Town [/color]through and through[color= rgb(102, 0, 255)].[/color]
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

One of the best to ever do it.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 35KD

Gary-Payton.jpg

the Glove 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Gary  with that 18 Dummy...[color= rgb(102, 0, 255)]The Town [/color]through and through[color= rgb(102, 0, 255)].[/color]
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

One of the best to ever do it.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I love the Glove and he's definitely gotten overshadowed lately. Need to catch some of those Sonics games next time they're on NBAtv.

I love the Glove and he's definitely gotten overshadowed lately. Need to catch some of those Sonics games next time they're on NBAtv.

He was never known for his offense and didn't hit career highs in PPG until after Kemp left (and the rest of the team slowly broke up) so to knock him for that is a little unfair. His defense is all time though, and he would destroy guys like Stockton head-to-head. He also is the only player to keep Jordan quiet in the Finals. (sidenote: If Nate, a very good defender, had been healthy and Karl had put GP on Jordan from the get-go, that's a different series. Not saying Seattle would have won, but it would have played out much different)

I think he's rated appropriately in history. Best defensive PG ever, good offensive player.

He was never known for his offense and didn't hit career highs in PPG until after Kemp left (and the rest of the team slowly broke up) so to knock him for that is a little unfair. His defense is all time though, and he would destroy guys like Stockton head-to-head. He also is the only player to keep Jordan quiet in the Finals. (sidenote: If Nate, a very good defender, had been healthy and Karl had put GP on Jordan from the get-go, that's a different series. Not saying Seattle would have won, but it would have played out much different)

I think he's rated appropriately in history. Best defensive PG ever, good offensive player.

Originally Posted by SneakerSoldier

I would say in order:

1.Stockton
2.Magic
3.Oscar
4.Kidd
5.Gp

Although Kidd and Gp could go either way

GP over Isiah?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerSoldier

I would say in order:

1.Stockton
2.Magic
3.Oscar
4.Kidd
5.Gp

Although Kidd and Gp could go either way

GP over Isiah?
ohwell.gif

Only PG I would take over him is Magic, I think he's underated because he didn't have the #s the other pgs had. But as a player he really doesn't have any flaws in his game.

Isiah is my dog too but I would take GP over him, ( barely) just because of his defensive impact, and he could score and distribute as well.

Only PG I would take over him is Magic, I think he's underated because he didn't have the #s the other pgs had. But as a player he really doesn't have any flaws in his game.

Isiah is my dog too but I would take GP over him, ( barely) just because of his defensive impact, and he could score and distribute as well.

always liked with Payton's game as a kid... clearly superior to the Mark Jackson's, Tim Hardaways etc...cant really call how close he gets to the top 5 pg's modern era tho

always liked with Payton's game as a kid... clearly superior to the Mark Jackson's, Tim Hardaways etc...cant really call how close he gets to the top 5 pg's modern era tho

Funny thing is, GP was a late bloomer. His first few seasons in the NBA weren't good.  He's top 5 in my opinion.  I've watched games where GP would score 17-21 ppg and hold his man under 10.  What's gonna hurt him is the fact that Seattle Supersonics are no more, so his legend is gonna be somewhat forgotten especially now that you have a whole new generation of NBA fans watching. 

Funny thing is, GP was a late bloomer. His first few seasons in the NBA weren't good.  He's top 5 in my opinion.  I've watched games where GP would score 17-21 ppg and hold his man under 10.  What's gonna hurt him is the fact that Seattle Supersonics are no more, so his legend is gonna be somewhat forgotten especially now that you have a whole new generation of NBA fans watching. 

Gary Payton was probably the best defensive guards in his era..
He trash talked with the best of them lol... great highlights with Shawn Kemp to make one of the best duos on a fastbreak...

Other Underrated Guards in the 90s...
Mitch Richmond, Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, Latrell Sprewell...

Gary Payton was probably the best defensive guards in his era..
He trash talked with the best of them lol... great highlights with Shawn Kemp to make one of the best duos on a fastbreak...

Other Underrated Guards in the 90s...
Mitch Richmond, Kevin Johnson, Tim Hardaway, Latrell Sprewell...

Back
Top Bottom