DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD OR CREATION..

sterrett02

Banned
WHEN I SAY GOD I DON'T MEAN RELIGION BUT SOMETHING HIGHER..

ME I FEEL LIKE THERE IS SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT CREATED LIFE (NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS)

I WAS BORN INTO RELIGION.BUT WITH ALL THE STARS AND GALAXY'S I CAN'T DENY THAT THERE IS A HIGHER POWER

I HAVE HAD SOME STRANGE THINGS HAPPEN TO ME IN MY LIFE,THAT LETS ME KNOW ITS JUST NOT EVOLUTION

WILL SHARE LATER TODAY

LASTLY WHAT DOES GOD EVEN MEAN? A MADE UP WORD BY PEOPLE. DO I USE IT? YES. BUT IT'S WHAT I KNOW

LETS DISCUSS

Im agnostic. I believe in something higher as well, but not the bs religions mankind managed to "interpret"nand exploit

you were born into that mindset that why you have it you think thats. It's not a coincidence 90% of people believe in the same thing as their parents. Also"strange things" are just ways to justify your thinking. The world has no emotions or anything that takes into consideration your life. ie.. Yougetting a good job means someone else is left unemployed.

1. I'm on the fence.

2. Is your caps lock key broken?

3. I love threads like this.

*grabs popcorn*

religion no

higher yes

god is a man made word and is too attached to some dude in the clouds so i prefer to say higher

i also believe we humans, in this tiny earth, in this tiny galaxy of galaxies is too minuscule to even be of importance of this "higher" power

I believe in a higher power, whom I denote as "God"

I consider myself Christian, though I fall short many times, but I detest all forms of religion

Therefore I have faith in "God"...

*grabs popcorn*

anyone who doesn't believe in a power greater than themselves is quite foolish, to say the least. i'll leave it at that.

*leaves thread never to return*

i was gonna respond until i realized that you posted in all caps. it just annoyed me so much that im doing it to spite you as a symbol of my protest.

hennySMASH wrote:

Im agnostic. I believe in something higher as well, but not the bs religions mankind managed to "interpret"nand exploit

eek.gif

LETS NOT FORGET EVOLUTION

so you think there is a god because there are stars and galaxies?

and no i don't think there is a god.

IMO, I have no doubt that there is a higher creator. Its funny that you mention this because I was having a serious reflection yesterday night when after I sawthe galaxies post here on NT
laugh.gif
I did more research on size of galaxies, possible number of galaxies, etc and was just blown away by how vast this universeis. The more and more I thought about it, it made me realize how insignificant we are in relation to everything else. In my mind, there's no doubt thatthis complex universe we live in had to be created by a higher power.

I am currently a practicing and very devout Muslim. Before I came to Islam, though, I went through a period of atheism where I just gave up on pleasing God andwanted to live my life. That phase honestly didn't last longer than a few months (interestingly enough, it was the summer between freshman and sophomoreyear in high school when I discovered partying and women
laugh.gif
). I honestly can say that that part of my life was the most miserable part of my life. Nodisrespect to any atheist in anyway, but I just couldn't live that kind of life believing everything we are is just an accident. So after that, I wentthrough a period of agnosticm where I believed that there probably was a God but he didn't really care about us. Needless to say, I deaded that beliefalmost as fast
laugh.gif
. That brought up the whole idea of afterlife, purpose of current life, etc that just didn't make sense to me if you don't believein a God that is holding us responsible. I then studied other religions before coming back to Islam.

Some of the things that really got me is how we, as human beings, always have had this desire to know that there is a creator watching over us. It's likeencoded in our DNA or something
laugh.gif
One of my good friends that I just met this year on campus is a fellow Muslim and a recent convert. He had been serving inthe military for about 10 years before deciding to retire and go back to school to become a teacher. He was telling me that he had always been an atheist fromthe time we was a child. His parents were atheists and he was telling me that just the idea of any type of deity made him sick
laugh.gif
. He told me that while hewas deployed in Afghanistan for the first time, his unit was caught under fire and while they were taking fire all he could think was "Lord get me out ofthis". Luckily, they all managed to get through it unharmed but when he got back to the base, he was shook up about what happened and was reflecting onwhat he was thinking earlier that day. I guess he really was asking God to help him get through with it even though he never believed in God before. To make along story short because I'm already blabbing, he said he made a "prayer" saying that if God really exists, lead him to the correctunderstanding. He went through a period of dabbling in religions and it wasn't until he was deployed to Iraq sometime later that he discovered Islam andconverted in Iraq.

Sorry for the long response, I got kind of carried away
laugh.gif

HOW ABOUT THIS

WHEN I WAS 16 I WAS WATCHING T.V WITH MY MOTHER AND AT THIS TIME I WAS BATTLING WITH RELIGION

AND ACROSS THE SCREEN IT READ (INSERT MY NAME) I AM HERE..

THERE WAS KNOW AMBER ALERT..I THOUGHT I WAS GOING CRAZY.UNITL MY MOM SAID DID YOU JUST READ THAT

AND I WAS LIKE YEAH. WE LOOKED ALL OVER THE NEWS WORLD WIDE AND LOCAL AND NOTHING CAME UP WITH MY NAME

UNTIL THIS DAY I WAS FEEL THERE IS A HIGHER POWER.. AGAIN DO I CALL IT OR THEM GOD? YES I DO

I am a man of science and religion. Too logical to disregard scientific facts and to faithful too ignore gods blessings.

Back
Top Bottom