Do you believe that colleges have access to private myspace/facebooks?

Have you guys seen the new PSA's on uploading stuff on the internet? Crazy, the internet is serious business now and its getting crazy!

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

Not sure about colleges, but some employers can and will get access to your page when you are applying for a job.....
Yep. My friend's coworker got fired because they found his Myspace and saw some inappropriate pix. After I heard about that, he and Ideleted our profiles. It's amazing how much more time you have when you're not addicted to Myspace.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tmukg21

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

^^^^Not all colleges are funded by the government

And I mean I think if they were a public university, which means they would be funded by the state then they could, but do yu really think they have people checking every accepted students profile, let alone every applicants profile. Com on, it takes them a few months just to go through the applications for everybody, I doubt they are gonna be checking the internet, but if you're worried just take anything off that is illegal, to me tat's the only thing they really care about and that's why they ask about if you've been arrested or charged for anything. So if you have pics of you smoking or drinking and you are really trying to make sure they don't check it just take them off.
believe me, once youve put it up, its out there. Even after you take it down, theres still a record of it, and they can get at that. And I talked to an admissions officer at UF, and he said they look through EVERYTHING they can find on everyone that applies, and were friends its not some PR crap hes dishing out to me

So you're trying to tell me that schools like UCLA can check up on 55,000 applicants' myspace/facebook pages to see if they have anything that they don't want to see on that?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
There are too many more important things to look at then that in the application process

Exactly.. that's the single most ******ed thing I've heard all day.

how is that ******ed? the question is do they have access to your profile and the answer is yes. Now will they check every single profile no....two separate questions
exactly... thats not ******ed at all. They can check and from what Ive heard directly from the source they do. Thats all I said. I didnt say thatIm tellin yall, thats what he told me. And they def. check a good amount of them

Unfortunately I don't think Facebook shares the same enthusiasm for your privacy as most Internet sites and ISP's which usually fight court orderedsubpoenas for records because they guarantee their users' safety. I think Facebook would give it up easy to avoid the fuss.

UCLA and other college's don't need to search all their applicants, only the ones under serious consideration and these days they just might beparanoid enough to do it.

Back
Top Bottom