Do You Fear About Having To Work All Your Life?

IT. Haven’t started my career yet but I enjoy what’s comes with it. Looking to get a job within it during the summer
oh yeah u should be straight
but if i were u
with that knowledge in that field
no reason u dont start ur own company to get accounts
instead of working for someone

oh yeah u should be straight
but if i were u
with that knowledge in that field
no reason u dont start ur own company to get accounts
instead of working for someone
I most likely will head down that route. I also dabble in software development so there’s that as well

worst fear should be waking up at 30
and just surviving
if ur 47 and just realizing that
u wasted ur life

definitely.

but at my age my parents stressing that you gotta survive. i be on my intellectual property/creative pursuit (beats clothes etc.) and they be on some **** like 'thats all fine and good but you gotta pay bills and eat until that takes off'

****s scary how you can one day be trying to get on your feet just paying bills and eating consistently and then you start waking up to those age milestones like 30, 35, 40, etc.

definitely.

but at my age my parents stressing that you gotta survive. i be on my intellectual property/creative pursuit (beats clothes etc.) and they be on some **** like 'thats all fine and good but you gotta pay bills and eat until that takes off'

****s scary how you can one day be trying to get on your feet just paying bills and eating consistently and then you start waking up to those age milestones like 30, 35, 40, etc.
and the older u get
the faster time flies

I think it sucks how the US doesn't have mandatory paid vacation like all the other 1st world countries in the world

5cf032cf210000ed08e68122.jpeg
Miss me with this nonsense. Would you rather get paid . 30% less and have more vacation days? There are tradeoffs.

Miss me with this nonsense. Would you rather get paid . 30% less and have more vacation days? There are tradeoffs.
again
u must have a trash *** job
if u have to get paid less to have more vacation
i dont have any of those trade offs
and plenty of nters dont
if u have a job and thats the tradeoff
then get a better job
city and county jobs always hiring
if yall think its hard
and as long as u aint got no felony
u can easily get one of those
hell even with em
some will still hire u

again
u must have a trash *** job
if u have to get paid less to have more vacation
i dont have any of those trade offs
and plenty of nters dont
if u have a job and thats the tradeoff
then get a better job
city and county jobs always hiring
if yall think its hard
and as long as u aint got no felony
u can easily get one of those
hell even with em
some will still hire u
LOL Ok bro....I have a trash job :emoji_sweat:

All those countries pay less than the US for the same work. The reason all those countries have paid vacation is because of HIGH taxes and very pro-labor laws which causes private companies to pay less......

LOL Ok bro....I have a trash job :emoji_sweat: .....My vacation days are longggggg.

All those countries pay less than the US for the same work.
when i say YOU
i wasnt talking specifically to YOU
im just saying
theres always a way to elevate ur situation
without compromising ur pay or vacations

when i say YOU
i wasnt talking specifically to YOU
im just saying
theres always a way to elevate ur situation
without compromising ur pay or vacations
I get it, I am speaking to the graph that I quoted though, not fair to speak on how much paid vacation other countries get without mentioning the tradeoffs imo.....

I get it, I am speaking to the graph that I quoted though, not fair to speak on how much paid vacation other countries get without mentioning the tradeoffs imo.....
but we also gotta be real too
instead of graphs
anyone has first hand accounts
cause anyone can post up a graph as facts
i wanna know peoples first hand accounts of working in other countries
what they pay and vacation like

I was taught at an early age that you earn your way through life. I have zero fear of working that entire time. I have all the benefits and VT you can ask for really. But I have earned it. The mind set of going to work is all wrong. People look at it as some sort of sentence you receive as punishment. When in reality its a requirement in life. Period. Its your mental approach about work is what drives your mind set. You got two options, coast or try to be the best you can at what you do.
I have worked at the same factory for 20 years. And have seen people take both of those roads. I am doing the same **** I did nearly 20 years ago but with a mountain more of responsibility. Professionally and personally. What I will say is that people that hate working so much are more miserable than people that actually have self goals and daily try to reach them. Do I believe I will work ALL my life? Yes. Afraid? No. My bad habits will catch up to me. The biggest challenge we face at the job is not the job. Its the people that dont want to be there because they think life is owed to them. The guy thats miserable at 45 has the wrong mindset. Mindset is driven from the individual worker. Not the place of employment.

I work as a graphic designer now, but I don't remember having vacation pay when I worked for Ross, Target, or Best Buy. The only places that offered that were Costco and Trader Joe's. In fact, those are the only jobs were I see same employees year after year.
That’s because Both of those exact corporations aren’t always thinking about Maximising profits year after year. The owners are good guys that respect their employees. And they’ve gotten flak from wall street... “you’re making us all look bad” And yes I agree my Costco got the same people year after year because top to bottom they care about their employees. Unlike amazon that has had workers die on the shipping warehouse floors and told workers to walk around the corpse.
0780125A-628E-4731-96C3-01D0A2D3BCAD.jpeg

Planning to retire at 55-58. Got pension plan and 403k working as business/IT consultant for a healthcare firm. Trying to save money and buy less depreciating assets that I dont need.

Seen an ad lookin for bus drivers starting pay $26/hr up to 33/hr, paid training, paid vacation & Holidays, etc... No past exp required

Back
Top Bottom