Do you give money to homeless people?

99% of panhandlers are drug addicts.

That money going straight to your local dopeboy.

So hellll no!

These beggars make over 200 a day.
Such views are why the best solution is not to give them money but to purchase helpful goods for them. Water should always satisfy a genuine homeless beggar. Same with food. If they're hungry then you get them something fresh to eat, if not then you get them some food they can eat later.
Giving money is always a bit of a risk if you don't know anything about the person.

I don't do it often and it depends on the time and situation but I'll grab them food or give them a water from my Truck.

Occasionally, as a school teacher I keep bus tickets on me. I'll give those out if I have them.

upload_2019-8-23_10-58-9.gif

It depends...I’m more inclined to give money to an elderly person but i try to give food (leftovers, etc...) to the homeless. On a few occasions I’ve tried giving food to a couple homeless people and they straight up said NO and asked for money instead. Smfh. But there are those few people who accept the food and are thankful.

Nope - i don’t want to feed into a broken system where they are unable to help themselves. If it takes more people dying on the streets that’s what it takes.

Would I gladly pay more taxes if we made a law outlawing homelessness? Yep. It’s inhumane as a society we allow people to live on the streets.

Nope - i don’t want to feed into a broken system where they are unable to help themselves. If it takes more people dying on the streets that’s what it takes.

Would I gladly pay more taxes if we made a law outlawing homelessness? Yep. It’s inhumane as a society we allow people to live on the streets.
And what then? Throw the homeless folks in jail and make it even harder for them to bounce back?

If I got it, I give. I’ve spent $500+ on shoes before. Wasted plenty money on material ****. If I can’t give someone $2, that’s a problem.

Mfers drop racks on designer gear, all kinds of stuff, but can’t give $1? I’ve given someone $50 before. Again, if I had more, I’d give more.

You can give back with out giving actual cash.

Hand out cold water on a hot day, food, clothes etc.

And what then? Throw the homeless folks in jail and make it even harder for them to bounce back?

Clearly jumping to conclusions. It’s not an out of sight out of mind thing - it’s that allowing people to live on the streets is far worse than almost any other situation.

our entire system doesn’t work so this is obviously not something i ever expect out of America. But giving people a free place to live with medical professionals as part of the facility for a defined period of time to really create the momentum for them to get back to normal society is what id want.

Jail is really a last option if they’ve become criminalized to an extent that they no longer are simple homeless, mentally unstable, or have drug problems

I very rarely have any cash on me so no.

Anyway i’d rather give them food because we all know where that money goes.

The worst is when they ask for money to eat and you propose food and they say no they want money :stoneface:

I never give to a younger, seemingly able bodied dude though. In my mind, I see it as being lazy. Can’t justify giving money to someone who’s able to turn their life around in some capacity.

As somebody who has schizophrenic, autistic, and bipolar people in my family, this is a terribly sad mentality to have.

At times

Haven’t in awhile tho, might keep it that way to be honest

i never give money but i give food and beverages on occasion.

about a month ago, there was a guy in front of 7-11 asking people for money. we made eye contact and i gave him the "don't even ask me" look and walked past him. he looked busted up and super skinny so i grabbed two spam musubis, a coke, and a box of nutter butters. walked back out and handed it to the guy and he said ohhh no mannn i wanted cigarettes, go back in there and buy me some. i laughed and by the time i was driving away, i looked in the rear view and saw him eating one of the musubis :lol:

When I carry a few dollars on me, or got change in the whip...I do. I rather buy homeless people food tho, if I’m running to grab a quick bite or something

they're asking for dollars now, not even asking for change.
there's a homeless shelter by my gf house, I drop off bags of swag when I can.

just another form of tipping :smh:
ill buy the food
or give my leftovers
or buy a drink
but giving straight cash???
naaaaaah im good

I’ve always been of the belief that if a person is at a point that they’re willing to beg for change, they need it. It’s not my place to play moral police and consider how much they could earn based on their physical appearance or if they have a drug or drinking problem.

If I have loose change in my pocket that serves no purpose to me, why wouldn’t I spare it? Beyond that, where the money goes and how hard they’ve worked in their lives has no bearing on how I respond to them.
this.

plus, a few other things float in my head/are in my heart like...

-many of us are one paycheck away from being alongside them
-you never know what can happen in the future
-if it were me or my fam i'd be grateful for any help
-my mom was homeless before before she had me so...
-our govt could do more and relies on the have nots to help the have nots...at least it feels that way so...
-I got you son it won't always be this way
-etc.

I've been in situations where I didn't have it to give and gave anyway and even if I got nothing out of it so be it

I gave a lady 20 dollars about a week or so ago and she kept thanking me and God and stuff and spoke to me in spanglish. this lady could've been my grandmother.
if the govt doesn't have us we should have us.

Always giving out clothes and food though. They recognize me now. Parked illegally one day and a bunch of them chased off the parking enforcement guy tryna give me a ticket :lol: :pimp:
I've had homeless ppl lookout for me when I was getting up before off the strength of me just treating them like ppl, as we should.

No... I don't usually carry cash, and if I did, still probably no. Panhandlers here be finessing, I don't think most of em are even homeless. So a beggar with a nicely trimmed beared and I was not convinced. I will give them food if I have extra stuff from my lunch break.

i had a homeless person recently GIVE me a dollar
i didn't drop anything and this guy kept calling out to me so i stayed on the corner and waited until he came over and he handed me a one dollar bill and kept quickly walking

it didn't have time to register i thought it was some kind of trick

he looked down and out if he didn't walk away so fast i would have given him the buck back
but he disappeared

maybe i looked bad that day and he gave me the dollar for that reason

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom