Do you give money to homeless people?

Nope not anymore. Got way too many homeless ppl in Seattle now. Also see the same homeless ppl staying homeless 10+ years later

I actually stopped when I first moved to SoCal (so many transients)...but then I had to humble myself. So I started carrying around $10 or so in ones and drop one every time a homeless person asks. Might not be much but I hope it helps.

As far as people selling stuff for their team, outside of the grocery store, etc., nah. I remember that scam from when I was a young buck :lol:

some of ya dudes really have terrible perspective on the homeless.

Mental illness, addiction, etc are real things. Especially in this population.

the CEO of my company told us a story recently. She helped transform a hotel into a shelter on park ave in nyc. She was at a community board meeting or whatever its called. Said a women expressed concerned and stated “ why do they (the homeless) have to live around PEOPLE”

I usually offer a meal or my card to see if i can get them in any of the shelters i help run.
Always humbled though. Its rarely becuase they chose that life.

99% of panhandlers are drug addicts.

That money going straight to your local dopeboy.

So hellll no!

These beggars make over 200 a day.

75% of the global population are drug addicts and alcoholics. What kind of stupid *** logic is this??? Y’all be acting like you’re above falling on hard times. Or hitting rock bottom. Hit that bottom, and let’s see how you react.

I remember this same topic was discussed.
Yea id give a buck but honestly Im getting indifferent now cause some of em actually holding cash asking me. I expected blessings :lol: from God,
ok, but now these bums are tryna low key flex or something, c'mon son. When these people keep returning, it becomes annoying and yea its not a good habit. Some of em have networks. And some do get some allowance before asking.

i had a homeless person recently GIVE me a dollar
i didn't drop anything and this guy kept calling out to me so i stayed on the corner and waited until he came over and he handed me a one dollar bill and kept quickly walking

it didn't have time to register i thought it was some kind of trick

he looked down and out if he didn't walk away so fast i would have given him the buck back
but he disappeared

maybe i looked bad that day and he gave me the dollar for that reason
:lol: what are the odds

Question for those who give food. What if someone gave them a meal just before you did?? Ijs
I don't mind. A lot of those cats don't know when or where their next meal is coming from, I do.

Funny how stuff happens. My boxing gym is above a youth center in a lane way. One day I was leaving and this young cat is offering me and everyone else around sandwiches. I seen he had a shirt on for the youth center so I ask him about the sandwiches. He said they get all this food daily from the food bank for the kids but it's always too much so he wants to give it to people rather than throw it out. I told him if it's cool I'll take it all and make sure it gets eaten. Now every mon-thurs I check him on my way out the gym and take whatever he has to the shelter.

Sometimes it's like 20 loaves of bread made I to sandwiches and put back in the bag, boxes of granola bars, juice, veggies.

One time had a 2kg box of apples :lol: another time was a kilo box of baby carrots. Random **** but the guys genuinely appreciate it. One guy put down his crackpipe to run and hold the door for me cuz he seen me carrying the boxes :lol: :smh:

Nope - i don’t want to feed into a broken system where they are unable to help themselves. If it takes more people dying on the streets that’s what it takes.

Would I gladly pay more taxes if we made a law outlawing homelessness? Yep. It’s inhumane as a society we allow people to live on the streets.

100%

I have donated to shelters, both clothing and money. That's an actual solution. Give someone a dollar for standing outside, you, by definition, made that his job.
I was raised across the street from a crack house, my parents would offer cooked food and they'd all turn it down.

75% of the global population are drug addicts and alcoholics. What kind of stupid *** logic is this??? Y’all be acting like you’re above falling on hard times. Or hitting rock bottom. Hit that bottom, and let’s see how you react.

What sense does it make to contribute to it?

You’re only helping them purchase drugs.

There are plenty of ways that are more efficient in helping homeless people. Whom the majority are drug addicts.

75% of people are? Yeah post the statistics on this one.

Sick of you idiots thinking handing out money to drug addicts is helping them.

Put that money towards prevention and rehabilitation facilities.

Hard times??? Majority of panhandlers make over $1k a week. That’s on the lighter side too.

They can easily change their life.

Sometimes I wonder where yu fools live that your homeless people are regular people who are just looking for money for basic needs. Not go get high.

When I first moved to Houston I did fairly often, then I realized Id damn near go broke my damn self if I continued to do so. Its sooooooo many homeless ppl at over passes and stop lights its ridiculous. Now You gotta catch me on a day when Im just feeling good or just gotta a lot of cash on me, which isnt often lol

You obviously don't live in Houston. Its so many fake homeless people begging and it no secret and people STILL do it. :smh:

When I first moved to Houston I did fairly often, then I realized Id damn near go broke my damn self if I continued to do so. Its sooooooo many homeless ppl at over passes and stop lights its ridiculous. Now You gotta catch me on a day when Im just feeling good or just gotta a lot of cash on me, which isnt often lol

You guys know exactly what it is in H-Town. Ish is ridiculous.

I'll give loose change or dollar bills if I have them. Case by case basis too. I usually gauge the optics of each situation.

One time I had nothing and dude was pressing me for money for the subway. Told him repeatedly I couldn't help him and he called me punk. Gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn't drag him into an alley to choke the soul out of him.

I don't mind. A lot of those cats don't know when or where their next meal is coming from, I do.

Funny how stuff happens. My boxing gym is above a youth center in a lane way. One day I was leaving and this young cat is offering me and everyone else around sandwiches. I seen he had a shirt on for the youth center so I ask him about the sandwiches. He said they get all this food daily from the food bank for the kids but it's always too much so he wants to give it to people rather than throw it out. I told him if it's cool I'll take it all and make sure it gets eaten. Now every mon-thurs I check him on my way out the gym and take whatever he has to the shelter.

Sometimes it's like 20 loaves of bread made I to sandwiches and put back in the bag, boxes of granola bars, juice, veggies.

One time had a 2kg box of apples :lol: another time was a kilo box of baby carrots. Random **** but the guys genuinely appreciate it. One guy put down his crackpipe to run and hold the door for me cuz he seen me carrying the boxes :lol: :smh:
My dude.
1447761983653.gif

Sometimes I TAKE money from homeless people

Just to teach them that no matter how hopeless things seem, they can always get worse
pray you dont get jacked 1 day.

Back
Top Bottom