Do you guys feel Jordan is trying to get back to OG quality we were all wishing for?

^^ it's not about quality needing to change. Better quality would be nice, BUT the point is it's not gonna change. You think ppl from JB gonna get on here and say "oh look. These guys are on here complaining about our quality. Let's make it better" NO, what they will say is "look at these ppl complain about our product, oh wait, they posted again after release, yup they got em. Were good!" The quality isn't gonna change back to what it was lol. I don't see how you can't see that after 5+ years of the quality difference from OGs... Unless you're completely new to the game. So I see no point at all to get on here and bash the shoe and all the people who move on with the kicks and don't have a problem coppin em at the price they release for, made with the materials they make em with.

^^ it's not about quality needing to change. Better quality would be nice, BUT the point is it's not gonna change. You think ppl from JB gonna get on here and say "oh look. These guys are on here complaining about our quality. Let's make it better" NO, what they will say is "look at these ppl complain about our product, oh wait, they posted again after release, yup they got em. Were good!" The quality isn't gonna change back to what it was lol. I don't see how you can't see that after 5+ years of the quality difference from OGs... Unless you're completely new to the game. So I see no point at all to get on here and bash the shoe and all the people who move on with the kicks and don't have a problem coppin em at the price they release for, made with the materials they make em with.

if the shoes don't have the quality i'm looking for, then i don't buy them. i personally don't think they will ever be a pair of retro jordan's that will measure up to it's og model. jordan brand will always make something different or leave a certain material or design off the shoe.

if the shoes don't have the quality i'm looking for, then i don't buy them. i personally don't think they will ever be a pair of retro jordan's that will measure up to it's og model. jordan brand will always make something different or leave a certain material or design off the shoe.

altho i dont buy any shoes i have bashed nor will i ever, but your right. but most arguments come from people who think they are get'n great quality vs heads.

altho i dont buy any shoes i have bashed nor will i ever, but your right. but most arguments come from people who think they are get'n great quality vs heads.

@Error on Page..you argument is ridiculous at best...if you want EXACT production model OG's..there is this great website called EBAY..you might have heard of it..get your paper up and buy a deadstock OG..so you and the rest of the cream kids can sit around and steer at your OG's with Nike Air on the back..

the point to the argument that YOU don't seem to understand is that as you get older and change the reason why you may or not by sneakers...quality comfort start to matter...I wear sneakers for fashion but I tend to purchase more for performance reasons (I.e training etc)...I'll spend the money on a great quality sneaker before paying full price for "retro"..now when I say quality I mean a great performence sneaker...Been killing my 2010's..Loving my Zoom Dons..and Lebrons V1 are like high top running shoes..awesome..

when I say if you don't like it don't buy it....Why is it that YOU think NIKE owes you anything????? Don't you get it that there is some 16 kid who only knows MJ as a fat gambling bastard..and doesnt REALLY know anything about him or his shoes..doesn't care about Nike Air..or Tumbled Leather...Shoes look cool..so he buys them...simple..sheep..But for some reason YOU think Nike needs to make a product that meets your expectations everytime...it's simple..if they don't ..don't buy..if you really desire what YOU want...eBay is your friend homie....

Don't be that guy that wants Mercedes Quality but wants to still pay Honda prices...

@Error on Page..you argument is ridiculous at best...if you want EXACT production model OG's..there is this great website called EBAY..you might have heard of it..get your paper up and buy a deadstock OG..so you and the rest of the cream kids can sit around and steer at your OG's with Nike Air on the back..

the point to the argument that YOU don't seem to understand is that as you get older and change the reason why you may or not by sneakers...quality comfort start to matter...I wear sneakers for fashion but I tend to purchase more for performance reasons (I.e training etc)...I'll spend the money on a great quality sneaker before paying full price for "retro"..now when I say quality I mean a great performence sneaker...Been killing my 2010's..Loving my Zoom Dons..and Lebrons V1 are like high top running shoes..awesome..

when I say if you don't like it don't buy it....Why is it that YOU think NIKE owes you anything????? Don't you get it that there is some 16 kid who only knows MJ as a fat gambling bastard..and doesnt REALLY know anything about him or his shoes..doesn't care about Nike Air..or Tumbled Leather...Shoes look cool..so he buys them...simple..sheep..But for some reason YOU think Nike needs to make a product that meets your expectations everytime...it's simple..if they don't ..don't buy..if you really desire what YOU want...eBay is your friend homie....

Don't be that guy that wants Mercedes Quality but wants to still pay Honda prices...

And that's what I'm saying. Like I said previously, you see my post count, but I definitely ain't new at this folks. I been in for a while and got plenty of OGs. Yea the quality is superior, but I just don't see a need for anyone to get one here and bash the new retros (which I'm a fan of as well) just cuz a quality difference. You can't expect the company to drop in this site to pull quality control measures off a couple treads and change it up. It's been many years since I see OG quality. And it isn't comin back. Just gotta live with it, or start living without it. Unless you wanna start shoppin eBay for the OGs.

And that's what I'm saying. Like I said previously, you see my post count, but I definitely ain't new at this folks. I been in for a while and got plenty of OGs. Yea the quality is superior, but I just don't see a need for anyone to get one here and bash the new retros (which I'm a fan of as well) just cuz a quality difference. You can't expect the company to drop in this site to pull quality control measures off a couple treads and change it up. It's been many years since I see OG quality. And it isn't comin back. Just gotta live with it, or start living without it. Unless you wanna start shoppin eBay for the OGs.

i've only bought cool greys because the material is good and i bought a few pairs and worn one since release date and so far it is still close to new but with a few dirt marks here and there. Other than that it was worth the purchase and imo a bit better than the 01 edition. I skipped 11/12 cdp, spacejams, and anniversary 11 because i didn't like the materials. It was that simple and everyone once again if the material is not up to your standards don't buy em. I'm going to see how the concords are if it's no good then i'm not buying em. No yellowing on the soles so far as i've worn them, and very comfortable as casual wear after breaking into them, here are pics.

i've only bought cool greys because the material is good and i bought a few pairs and worn one since release date and so far it is still close to new but with a few dirt marks here and there. Other than that it was worth the purchase and imo a bit better than the 01 edition. I skipped 11/12 cdp, spacejams, and anniversary 11 because i didn't like the materials. It was that simple and everyone once again if the material is not up to your standards don't buy em. I'm going to see how the concords are if it's no good then i'm not buying em. No yellowing on the soles so far as i've worn them, and very comfortable as casual wear after breaking into them, here are pics.

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

im talk'n bout retros and the quality. dude said "all things change" i said numeral j still have good quality. i never said exact og production. but now that i think of it, why not. how much the new lebrons cost vs the cg11..... but yea i shouldnt expect that quality. i wish i was a kid cuz ignorence is bliss. also when i was a kid and in high school retros had good quality. so i guess that poin is moot

im not tell'n nike nothing im tell'n the buyers. that they should expect more for their money and not be sham'd. we bicker not cuz were in agreement on nike quality and still buy, but cuz they think the shoes are premium and are upset when you disagree and explain why. i know whats happen'n, im not a kid dispite the knowledge you think your spit'n. i kno whats up, and how business works. quality would improve if the market calls for it. the market call'd for good quality when retros first came. quality went down when people got hooked, its a con.

and you last statement makes no sence to me. in comparison to cars you are paying mercedes prices but getting honda quality. to you lebrons(awsome)$160= mersedes, air jordan retro iii?$160?= honda? so im actual paying mersedes prices for honda quality.

i already know what you tell'n me and have explained my knowledge of this in recent posts while you were in the lebron thread. so your posts to me should only be stuff like "they dont get it" or "dont bother". ive explained why "dont like, dont buy" sounds dumb to me 10X+ so if you dont get how "word of mouth" works and ads (positive n negative)work in sales take a business class. everything starts somwere. the 1st retros wasnt big business bro. everything comes back around. and dshutup error posts, mean nothing if one person wises up.

edit: ima also check out thise lebrons cuz im pass'n on the iii(real spit). see how that works
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

im talk'n bout retros and the quality. dude said "all things change" i said numeral j still have good quality. i never said exact og production. but now that i think of it, why not. how much the new lebrons cost vs the cg11..... but yea i shouldnt expect that quality. i wish i was a kid cuz ignorence is bliss. also when i was a kid and in high school retros had good quality. so i guess that poin is moot

im not tell'n nike nothing im tell'n the buyers. that they should expect more for their money and not be sham'd. we bicker not cuz were in agreement on nike quality and still buy, but cuz they think the shoes are premium and are upset when you disagree and explain why. i know whats happen'n, im not a kid dispite the knowledge you think your spit'n. i kno whats up, and how business works. quality would improve if the market calls for it. the market call'd for good quality when retros first came. quality went down when people got hooked, its a con.

and you last statement makes no sence to me. in comparison to cars you are paying mercedes prices but getting honda quality. to you lebrons(awsome)$160= mersedes, air jordan retro iii?$160?= honda? so im actual paying mersedes prices for honda quality.

i already know what you tell'n me and have explained my knowledge of this in recent posts while you were in the lebron thread. so your posts to me should only be stuff like "they dont get it" or "dont bother". ive explained why "dont like, dont buy" sounds dumb to me 10X+ so if you dont get how "word of mouth" works and ads (positive n negative)work in sales take a business class. everything starts somwere. the 1st retros wasnt big business bro. everything comes back around. and dshutup error posts, mean nothing if one person wises up.

edit: ima also check out thise lebrons cuz im pass'n on the iii(real spit). see how that works
wink.gif

i bought some og alt xiii when they first drop'd on ebay. dude sent me a fake pair. he knew they were fake and asked me a bunch of questions how i knew this. after proof, he took them back but wanted me to leave a positive feedback about how it was a misunderstanding...... and also he didnt want me to mention that the shoes were fakes.

why wouldnt he want me to post the shoes he sells are fakes?
1. people who have no clue of fakes now know what to look for
2. he will need to correct this problem by either not selling at all or improving his stock(no fakes).
3. lower his prices to accomidate the quality of his product

now if i just kept my mouth shut n took my refund i would feel guilty. knowing sum1 else would get scam'd n never kno he had fakes/ bad quality shoes. were i live now fakes were ramped. bad, it was more fakes than authentic Js. until word got around about fakes now people can spot them a mile away. i kno1 said any thing bad about fakes these fool would still be rock'n them think'n the was fly.

i bought some og alt xiii when they first drop'd on ebay. dude sent me a fake pair. he knew they were fake and asked me a bunch of questions how i knew this. after proof, he took them back but wanted me to leave a positive feedback about how it was a misunderstanding...... and also he didnt want me to mention that the shoes were fakes.

why wouldnt he want me to post the shoes he sells are fakes?
1. people who have no clue of fakes now know what to look for
2. he will need to correct this problem by either not selling at all or improving his stock(no fakes).
3. lower his prices to accomidate the quality of his product

now if i just kept my mouth shut n took my refund i would feel guilty. knowing sum1 else would get scam'd n never kno he had fakes/ bad quality shoes. were i live now fakes were ramped. bad, it was more fakes than authentic Js. until word got around about fakes now people can spot them a mile away. i kno1 said any thing bad about fakes these fool would still be rock'n them think'n the was fly.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

You guys don't know what quality is.

You have people saying cracked paint = cracked midsole !

cracking paint is a quality issue dog. not as serious as a cracked midsole but still an issue. my fire red iii cracked and havent wore them eversince. and i only wore them a hald fulla times.

edit: this thread needs to be deleted to save me from myself.lol

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

You guys don't know what quality is.

You have people saying cracked paint = cracked midsole !

cracking paint is a quality issue dog. not as serious as a cracked midsole but still an issue. my fire red iii cracked and havent wore them eversince. and i only wore them a hald fulla times.

edit: this thread needs to be deleted to save me from myself.lol

Originally Posted by Error on page

wink.gif

What your not understanding about my analogy is that Your HOLY GRAIL OG's with Premo Materials are very much available...in many cases in DS condition...on EBay...they are going to be very over priced but hey...you get what you pay for...My point to that is if you want a Benz buy one...people cop retro's cause let's face it...it's cheaper the DS OG's...kids by fakes..drumroll...cause they are cheaper then originals....What your not getting is you want to cry about materials but still want to pay retail....I'm by no means comparing Lebron's to Benz and JB to Honda...I'm simply making the point that if you want J3's with the butter soft leather with the OG Nike Air Tag and Nike Air on the back...invest your money in OG's cause you simply will not find that in the retro...Again I'm all about perfermonce (well at retail prices anyway) and right now there are MANY better performance sneakers then retro Jordans...Period

And as far as business class and "word of mouth"...you simply don't realize that you are in a very SMALL minority of people that care about these things...$%*% kids are snatching up Fusions like hot cakes...$%*% they camp for retros...the only word of mouth thats out there is if you don't cop at releases date EBay will put it all the way in the booty hole...they worry about price and your "quality" later....

Heres how you can tell the difference...how many times do kids actually wait on line for something then actually "try it on"...most line ups are in and out...straight impulse...sheep

Originally Posted by Error on page

wink.gif

What your not understanding about my analogy is that Your HOLY GRAIL OG's with Premo Materials are very much available...in many cases in DS condition...on EBay...they are going to be very over priced but hey...you get what you pay for...My point to that is if you want a Benz buy one...people cop retro's cause let's face it...it's cheaper the DS OG's...kids by fakes..drumroll...cause they are cheaper then originals....What your not getting is you want to cry about materials but still want to pay retail....I'm by no means comparing Lebron's to Benz and JB to Honda...I'm simply making the point that if you want J3's with the butter soft leather with the OG Nike Air Tag and Nike Air on the back...invest your money in OG's cause you simply will not find that in the retro...Again I'm all about perfermonce (well at retail prices anyway) and right now there are MANY better performance sneakers then retro Jordans...Period

And as far as business class and "word of mouth"...you simply don't realize that you are in a very SMALL minority of people that care about these things...$%*% kids are snatching up Fusions like hot cakes...$%*% they camp for retros...the only word of mouth thats out there is if you don't cop at releases date EBay will put it all the way in the booty hole...they worry about price and your "quality" later....

Heres how you can tell the difference...how many times do kids actually wait on line for something then actually "try it on"...most line ups are in and out...straight impulse...sheep

^^^ ur right ....smdh thou. $180-$200 for aj2011 premium quality but still $160-185 for retros with way less quality, thats bs . i get what your say'n 100%, but thats still bs thou.

see you in the lebron thread. peace.

^^^ ur right ....smdh thou. $180-$200 for aj2011 premium quality but still $160-185 for retros with way less quality, thats bs . i get what your say'n 100%, but thats still bs thou.

see you in the lebron thread. peace.

I think the quality of leather has improved on quite a few of the 2010/2011 Retros.
The paint issues remain the same and JB will almost always put a twist on the originals.
It is what it is! There will never be OG quality because the demand is so high for confirmed crap.

I agree, buy what you like, and if you don't like it don't buy it. It's really just that simple
but....if you don't buy them then the resellers will.

The problem is JB is releasing some of our favorite Retros.
We've been waiting ages for them and when they finally drop theyre made like crap
or severly altered from the originals. I've noticed a major change in quality after 2005
and I don't even wear my shoes enough to really put a hurting on them due to a frequent rotation of my collection.
We have built this beast though. JB knows we are all collectors and builds these new Retros for minimal useage.
They look good in pictures and they look great for the first few wears, but its all down hill from there on.

Back
Top Bottom