Do you guys think Cam Newton will be a successful NFL quarterback?

%%*#$$* Ekin
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

is it a black or white thing? or a style of play thing?

someone said it before...scramblers (outside of steve young) haven't got it done in big spots. they can win a few games on their legs, but in the end, need someone who is going to go through more than 2 progressions or reads before taking off. the best QBs (currently) imo are the ones creating time in and around the pocket for their guys to get open, whether it be brady or manning who take a couple steps up or to the side to avoid the entire pass rush, or the rapist (sorry, dmx) or rodgers who go way out of their way to buy time. but the result is the same, giving their receivers an extra couple seconds to get open.

that's not to say it'll always be that way, the game will change. but these running QBs coming out of college (white or black) just don't translate well because you can't out run every NFL defense. too much speed versus the college defenses you run through.

and this isn't about cam, obviously. im talking in general. my two cents.
48376_o.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

is it a black or white thing? or a style of play thing?

someone said it before...scramblers (outside of steve young) haven't got it done in big spots. they can win a few games on their legs, but in the end, need someone who is going to go through more than 2 progressions or reads before taking off. the best QBs (currently) imo are the ones creating time in and around the pocket for their guys to get open, whether it be brady or manning who take a couple steps up or to the side to avoid the entire pass rush, or the rapist (sorry, dmx) or rodgers who go way out of their way to buy time. but the result is the same, giving their receivers an extra couple seconds to get open.

that's not to say it'll always be that way, the game will change. but these running QBs coming out of college (white or black) just don't translate well because you can't out run every NFL defense. too much speed versus the college defenses you run through.

and this isn't about cam, obviously. im talking in general. my two cents.
48376_o.gif
pimp.gif

Y'all already know how I feel about a certain group of quarterbacks ...

That being said, cam newton is never going to be half the quarterback mike Vick is and mike Vick has had one solid year so far ... You all do realize that Vick is probably 2 to 3 tenths faster than newton and he still gets wrecked on the regular ... Newtons only chance is to get drafted by the cowboys and sit until romo retires in 5 years or so ... Even then he will never be a starting NFL quarterback but I'd like to see him in special packages ...

That being said, cam newton is never going to be half the quarterback mike Vick is and mike Vick has had one solid year so far ... You all do realize that Vick is probably 2 to 3 tenths faster than newton and he still gets wrecked on the regular ... Newtons only chance is to get drafted by the cowboys and sit until romo retires in 5 years or so ... Even then he will never be a starting NFL quarterback but I'd like to see him in special packages ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Yeah Michael Vick had one solid year so far.....He went to 3 Pro Bowls,won an ESPY for NFL player of the year and took his team to an NFC Championship game, Yes he is playing better this year than he ever has but he`s been a top 10 quarterback pretty much every year he played.  

If Tebow,Smith and McCoy can start then Newton can definitely start in the NFL.

Yeah Michael Vick had one solid year so far.....He went to 3 Pro Bowls,won an ESPY for NFL player of the year and took his team to an NFC Championship game, Yes he is playing better this year than he ever has but he`s been a top 10 quarterback pretty much every year he played.  

If Tebow,Smith and McCoy can start then Newton can definitely start in the NFL.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I have read it all smh

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I have read it all smh

Ahh I love NT

After the combine and people see Cam is not an average athlete like VY the hype train will take off.......

Ahh I love NT

After the combine and people see Cam is not an average athlete like VY the hype train will take off.......

Back
Top Bottom