Do you guys think Cam Newton will be a successful NFL quarterback?

Personally, I can't help but think Alex Smith 2.0 when it comes to Cam (in terms of NFL impact).

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Did I say it had anything to do with it? I answered the question with I don't know, followed by dude seems a bit shady which is just an opinion I have for the guy.

Shady tactics can come back to hunt you in terms of your development. Jarmarcus is a prime example. Lazy and lean addict. I consider those two to be somewhat shady practices because they effect a players growth.

Cam may have some issue too that could hurt his development like the talented Jarmarcus Russell.

Don't ever question me. Boys.
Who has ever questioned Cam's work ethic? 

And the biggest thing that hurt Jamarcus was his failure to dedicate himself to the game of football. He got his pay day and got lazy. Wasn't due to a lack of talent.

Yup...and this is what I fear will happen to Marvin Austin. 

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Did I say it had anything to do with it? I answered the question with I don't know, followed by dude seems a bit shady which is just an opinion I have for the guy.

Shady tactics can come back to hunt you in terms of your development. Jarmarcus is a prime example. Lazy and lean addict. I consider those two to be somewhat shady practices because they effect a players growth.

Cam may have some issue too that could hurt his development like the talented Jarmarcus Russell.

Don't ever question me. Boys.
Who has ever questioned Cam's work ethic? 

And the biggest thing that hurt Jamarcus was his failure to dedicate himself to the game of football. He got his pay day and got lazy. Wasn't due to a lack of talent.

Yup...and this is what I fear will happen to Marvin Austin. 

Originally Posted by dreClark

Cam Newton is way more athletic than Jamarcus.

Being lazy isn't Shady.
You can say that about every draft prospect ever.

It is shady in the term I meant it in. I should have used a better word but dude still has this rub off about him.

And yeah you can say that. You'd be right for majority of them too.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Cam Newton is way more athletic than Jamarcus.

Being lazy isn't Shady.
You can say that about every draft prospect ever.

It is shady in the term I meant it in. I should have used a better word but dude still has this rub off about him.

And yeah you can say that. You'd be right for majority of them too.

I'm not sure, but as we've learned from the past 20 years or so, the QB position is the hardest to evaluate/predict.
I really think that the cliche "intagibles" mean more than any measured physical asset/talent i.e Brady, Ryan, Cassel, etc.
You really need to have a sort of intrinsic understanding of the game, as well as a strong work ethic, leadership, and an astute mind necessary to navigate pro defenses, while running a pro offense.
Does Cam Newton have all those things? Not sure, but I'd lean towards no.

I'm not sure, but as we've learned from the past 20 years or so, the QB position is the hardest to evaluate/predict.
I really think that the cliche "intagibles" mean more than any measured physical asset/talent i.e Brady, Ryan, Cassel, etc.
You really need to have a sort of intrinsic understanding of the game, as well as a strong work ethic, leadership, and an astute mind necessary to navigate pro defenses, while running a pro offense.
Does Cam Newton have all those things? Not sure, but I'd lean towards no.

Maybe it can be said he has a sense of entitlement, which most superstars do, and when he gets his millions and still flaunts his entitlement, he could get in hot water in some way or another, damaging his career potential. It's very feasible.

I don't think that's the case, but I can see the point being made.

Maybe it can be said he has a sense of entitlement, which most superstars do, and when he gets his millions and still flaunts his entitlement, he could get in hot water in some way or another, damaging his career potential. It's very feasible.

No, I think he is a Vince Young clone...
Been in trouble since his Florida days, all that talent and is involved in the things he is, I hope he is a failure.

Been in trouble since his Florida days, all that talent and is involved in the things he is, I hope he is a failure.

Originally Posted by Been Fly Since 85

Except more talented and a lot smarter than VY.

Originally Posted by Been Fly Since 85

Except more talented and a lot smarter than VY.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Thanks. You get it.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Thanks. You get it.

Dude is just an all around good football player. I think he will have success at the NFL level.

Dude is just an all around good football player. I think he will have success at the NFL level.

Back
Top Bottom