Do you guys think Cam Newton will be a successful NFL quarterback?

I don't know the answer but I can't wait to see what will happen. It's been such an experience watching him run over people and seemingly get a minimum of 5 yards on even busted plays. I've never seen anything like it. He makes the game seem unfair sometimes.

I don't know the answer but I can't wait to see what will happen. It's been such an experience watching him run over people and seemingly get a minimum of 5 yards on even busted plays. I've never seen anything like it. He makes the game seem unfair sometimes.

I'm sure NFL teams will be encouraged by Cam's experience in negotiating a signing bonus. Making a holdout less likely.

I hope he does well in the NFL.

I'm sure NFL teams will be encouraged by Cam's experience in negotiating a signing bonus. Making a holdout less likely.

I don't think his running ability will be that much of an asset at the next level as it is now but he is a much better passer at this stage than VY or any other dual threat in recent years which is why I think he'll do well.

I don't think his running ability will be that much of an asset at the next level as it is now but he is a much better passer at this stage than VY or any other dual threat in recent years which is why I think he'll do well.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ehhh i dont think he'll be successful RIGHT NOW. Watching is read option skills he holds the ball in there too long for my liking and when h does pull it out he has a 1 sec hop looking for an opening. In the NFL he wont be able to barrel over DB's and take long amounts of time to execute a read option. He also does have an arm but look at jamarcus, he had a cannon but hardly any accuracy until i see Came throw a good ball (a good ball isnt when the reciever makes a great catch and the stupid announcers give cam all the credit) im not sold of him quite yet

ehhh i dont think he'll be successful RIGHT NOW. Watching is read option skills he holds the ball in there too long for my liking and when h does pull it out he has a 1 sec hop looking for an opening. In the NFL he wont be able to barrel over DB's and take long amounts of time to execute a read option. He also does have an arm but look at jamarcus, he had a cannon but hardly any accuracy until i see Came throw a good ball (a good ball isnt when the reciever makes a great catch and the stupid announcers give cam all the credit) im not sold of him quite yet

jville819 wrote:

If he is even Big Ben with him being able to allude tacklers its somewhat of an asset.
I'm more concerned with how did he get caught with a stolen laptop.....
Not only doing dirt but getting caught doing dirt to someone in a situation that's hard to trace.

jville819 wrote:

If he is even Big Ben with him being able to allude tacklers its somewhat of an asset.
I'm more concerned with how did he get caught with a stolen laptop.....
Not only doing dirt but getting caught doing dirt to someone in a situation that's hard to trace.

Originally Posted by jville819

Really? How he will be used depends on where he goes and long term it will probably be better for his development to not rely on his running. BUT, Cam is good enough at running in space and between the tackles to have running plays specifically drawn up for him in the NFL. What other dual threats are that talented besides Vick?

Originally Posted by jville819

Really? How he will be used depends on where he goes and long term it will probably be better for his development to not rely on his running. BUT, Cam is good enough at running in space and between the tackles to have running plays specifically drawn up for him in the NFL. What other dual threats are that talented besides Vick?

Heck if Tim Tebow is balling' I guess Cam Newton has a great chance too....I`m really suprised some of these running-spread quarterbacks havent totally busted in the NFL....Tebow, Vince Young,Colt McCoy and Troy Smith

Heck if Tim Tebow is balling' I guess Cam Newton has a great chance too....I`m really suprised some of these running-spread quarterbacks havent totally busted in the NFL....Tebow, Vince Young,Colt McCoy and Troy Smith

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

%*+ are you talking about? 
Tebow played a TERRIBLE texans defense

troy smith is nothing more than a journey man QB

VY.... is well VY....

and the verdict is still out on Mccoy, who has showed some flashes but is a rookie. 

VY.... is well VY....

and the verdict is still out on Mccoy, who has showed some flashes but is a rookie. 

Originally Posted by air max 87

VY.... is well VY....

I said TOTALLY BUSTED out....I  didnt say they were balling. I thought those dudes would do horrible like how Jimmy Clausen is doing right now.

Back
Top Bottom