Do you guys think Cam Newton will be a successful NFL quarterback?

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Hollywood James 6

Don't forget Ponder. And you guys are being dummies. You would seriously have a QB/RB/TE over any of those other signal callers?

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Aaron Rodgers are laughing at home.

The majority of scrambler QBs have never won the big game.

Vick
McNair
McNabb
V Young
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
(That worked well)
Jamarcus Russell (Even worse than VY
30t6p3b.gif
)
Gannon
Cunningham

Steve Young won ONE. With Montana's team.
I wouldn't take him over Mallett, Locker, or Luck. So I think he'll be average.
Does not compute.

Even so, now you're picking apart my arguments. I am saying I think he's better than Cam, but not great.

There is nothing he does better than Cam, though. If that's picking apart your argument, then so be it. And since you included him in your statement, why shouldn't I mention it?

I can see an argument for the other two.

Agree w/ you on Ponder. Will get high marks b/c of his play when healthy (Jr. & Sr. yr) , athletic ability and his mental aptitude. Will get dinged b/c of height, a non eye-popping arm and the fact that he is brittle. Gonna most likely gonna go to a West-Coast offense team, as that suits his skillset the best. /homer evaluation.

There is nothing he does better than Cam, though. If that's picking apart your argument, then so be it. And since you included him in your statement, why shouldn't I mention it?

I can see an argument for the other two.

Agree w/ you on Ponder. Will get high marks b/c of his play when healthy (Jr. & Sr. yr) , athletic ability and his mental aptitude. Will get dinged b/c of height, a non eye-popping arm and the fact that he is brittle. Gonna most likely gonna go to a West-Coast offense team, as that suits his skillset the best. /homer evaluation.

Agree w/ you on Ponder. Will get high marks b/c of his play when healthy (Jr. & Sr. yr) , athletic ability and his mental aptitude. Will get dinged b/c of height, a non eye-popping arm and the fact that he is brittle.
You my friend, have just described Brees. Nobody thought Brees would recover after his injury and now he's top 5 in the league. Ponder could be the same.

I just hope the Vikings snag one of these guys
tired.gif

And a legit Safety this year.

Agree w/ you on Ponder. Will get high marks b/c of his play when healthy (Jr. & Sr. yr) , athletic ability and his mental aptitude. Will get dinged b/c of height, a non eye-popping arm and the fact that he is brittle.
You my friend, have just described Brees. Nobody thought Brees would recover after his injury and now he's top 5 in the league. Ponder could be the same.

I just hope the Vikings snag one of these guys
tired.gif

And a legit Safety this year.

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Originally Posted by cartune

All he needs is 2 years to adjust and I think he can be a more mobile Big Ben or maybe dare I say a Warren Moon
laugh.gif
esque QB

I like this comparison, actually (minus the rape).  
Me three. 
Andrew Luck pining for Cammy Cam juice? 

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Originally Posted by cartune

All he needs is 2 years to adjust and I think he can be a more mobile Big Ben or maybe dare I say a Warren Moon
laugh.gif
esque QB

I like this comparison, actually (minus the rape).  
Me three. 

Little bit different situation in that Ponder hurt his elbow/should in college (Brees hurt his after he proved he could already play in the NFL) , has yet to complete a full 12 game season in college and does not have as big of an arm as Ponder has. Wasn't saying that Ponder couldn't be a NF;L QB, just saying why he may/will drop

If Ponder turned into the next Brees, then I would be ecstatic.
Pause.

Little bit different situation in that Ponder hurt his elbow/should in college (Brees hurt his after he proved he could already play in the NFL) , has yet to complete a full 12 game season in college and does not have as big of an arm as Ponder has. Wasn't saying that Ponder couldn't be a NF;L QB, just saying why he may/will drop

If Ponder turned into the next Brees, then I would be ecstatic.
Pause.

Don't forget Ponder. And you guys are being dummies. You would seriously have a QB/RB/TE over any of those other signal callers?

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees are laughing at home.

Vick
McNair
McNabb
V Young
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
(That worked well)
30t6p3b.gif
)
Gannon
Cunningham

Type casting QB's ftl
BTW Big Ben has won 2 and we all know he has trouble reading the D. Which is why he holds on to the ball so long and thus becomes a scrambler
2 years after Montana leaves and its still his team?
eyes.gif

Jamarcus,Mcnair and Gannon are not scramblers. But if thats your interpertation so be it...
eyes.gif

Vick
McNair
McNabb
V Young
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
(That worked well)
30t6p3b.gif
)
Gannon
Cunningham

Type casting QB's ftl
BTW Big Ben has won 2 and we all know he has trouble reading the D. Which is why he holds on to the ball so long and thus becomes a scrambler
2 years after Montana leaves and its still his team?
eyes.gif

Jamarcus,Mcnair and Gannon are not scramblers. But if thats your interpertation so be it...
eyes.gif

Vick
McNair
McNabb
V Young
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
(That worked well)
30t6p3b.gif
)
Gannon
Cunningham

I dont think thats a good argument because its the only Aikman,Kelly, Elway, Favre, Warner, Brady, Roesthlisberger and Manning have gone to the big game more then once in the past 20 years with only 4 of them winning it more than once.

McNair was one foot away from winning the big game. 
Russell wasnt a scrambler....he was just Black, get your facts straight.
Gannon wasnt a runner/scrambler by the time Raiders made the Super Bowl
How was it Montana's team when Young won the Super Bowl, 4 years after Montana had last started for the 49ers?

Vick
McNair
McNabb
V Young
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
(That worked well)
30t6p3b.gif
)
Gannon
Cunningham

I dont think thats a good argument because its the only Aikman,Kelly, Elway, Favre, Warner, Brady, Roesthlisberger and Manning have gone to the big game more then once in the past 20 years with only 4 of them winning it more than once.

McNair was one foot away from winning the big game. 
Russell wasnt a scrambler....he was just Black, get your facts straight.
Gannon wasnt a runner/scrambler by the time Raiders made the Super Bowl
How was it Montana's team when Young won the Super Bowl, 4 years after Montana had last started for the 49ers?

Pryor will be playing special teams for some NFL team, he will not be playing QB at the next level.

Pryor will be playing special teams for some NFL team, he will not be playing QB at the next level.

Originally Posted by rashi

Pryor has the potential to still be a good NFL QB, But his greatest impact will be at WR.

But overall, why can't he be a very good NFL QB? He plays in a system at OSU that doesn't utilize his talents enough.

Originally Posted by rashi

Pryor has the potential to still be a good NFL QB, But his greatest impact will be at WR.

But overall, why can't he be a very good NFL QB? He plays in a system at OSU that doesn't utilize his talents enough.

Back
Top Bottom