Do you guys think Cam Newton will be a successful NFL quarterback?

Originally Posted by Napoleon

Black QBs
pimp.gif

don't win Super Bowls, though. 
*sans Williams

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Jake Locker might end up surprisng some of you.
I sure hope so 
ohwell.gif
(cause I got the feeling he'll be staying here in Seattle
laugh.gif
)

I think Cam will be a good at the next level...he possesses everything you want at that position...adjusting from the spread to the pro offense, reading coverage will be the challenge

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Jake Locker might end up surprisng some of you.
I sure hope so 
ohwell.gif
(cause I got the feeling he'll be staying here in Seattle
laugh.gif
)

I think Cam will be a good at the next level...he possesses everything you want at that position...adjusting from the spread to the pro offense, reading coverage will be the challenge

Cam threw more TD, had a higher completion percentage, less INTs, and had a higher yard per attempt than VY. In less attempts. Cam was a higher rated passer also.

Both have mechanical issues but knowing what I know about both guys, if both of them were entering the draft at the same time, im taking Cam, and that's no slight on Vince.

Cam threw more TD, had a higher completion percentage, less INTs, and had a higher yard per attempt than VY. In less attempts. Cam was a higher rated passer also.

Both have mechanical issues but knowing what I know about both guys, if both of them were entering the draft at the same time, im taking Cam, and that's no slight on Vince.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Cam played one more game. In SEC championship dude padded his stats.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Cam played one more game. In SEC championship dude padded his stats.

Well Vince's stats counted too against USC. If I recall he didn't throw a TD that game.

Take away Cam's game in the SECCG and he has less TDs by 2 than VY and he still has him beat in the other departments.

Don't shoot the messenger man lol.

Well Vince's stats counted too against USC. If I recall he didn't throw a TD that game.

Take away Cam's game in the SECCG and he has less TDs by 2 than VY and he still has him beat in the other departments.

Don't shoot the messenger man lol.

Originally Posted by hymen man

Black QBs
pimp.gif

*sans Williams

02-06-2005.NS_06blackWILLIAMS.G831HUQGG.1.jpg

Come on!

Thats a horrible argument, I dont think Black quarterbacks got a legitmate shot to be a franchise quarterback til the late 90s.( As in being drafted in top first round consistently) So really you're working with 10 year time span.Pretty much the last 10 years if your last name isnt Brady,Manning,Brees,Warner or Roesthlisberger you havent been the reason why your team has won the Super Bowl.

Originally Posted by hymen man

Black QBs
pimp.gif

*sans Williams

02-06-2005.NS_06blackWILLIAMS.G831HUQGG.1.jpg

Come on!

Thats a horrible argument, I dont think Black quarterbacks got a legitmate shot to be a franchise quarterback til the late 90s.( As in being drafted in top first round consistently) So really you're working with 10 year time span.Pretty much the last 10 years if your last name isnt Brady,Manning,Brees,Warner or Roesthlisberger you havent been the reason why your team has won the Super Bowl.

So glad someone on NT actually has a brain and uses it.

thank you Mr. Friendly.

if less than 10 percent of starting QBs in the history of the NFL have been black just think how stupid that statement is.

top that off with numerous repeat Superbowl winners, just how many white QBs in history have won a superbowl ? ...

Spanish QBs dont win Superbowls either...

*$$*%%+ Brilliant
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom