Do you guys think Cam Newton will be a successful NFL quarterback?

So glad someone on NT actually has a brain and uses it.

thank you Mr. Friendly.

if less than 10 percent of starting QBs in the history of the NFL have been black just think how stupid that statement is.

top that off with numerous repeat Superbowl winners, just how many white QBs in history have won a superbowl ? ...

Spanish QBs dont win Superbowls either...

*$$*%%+ Brilliant
laugh.gif

I hope none of you thought I was singling out black QBs. I was just comparing pocket passers to scramblers.

And yeah, I forgot that chubby JaMarcus only runs to the buffet line.

I'm just saying that I think either way though, this is going to be a really good QB class, and Cam will add to that. I just don't think he's going to be good to great. He's only had ONE year in college.
I need to see more.

I hope none of you thought I was singling out black QBs. I was just comparing pocket passers to scramblers.

And yeah, I forgot that chubby JaMarcus only runs to the buffet line.

I'm just saying that I think either way though, this is going to be a really good QB class, and Cam will add to that. I just don't think he's going to be good to great. He's only had ONE year in college.
I need to see more.

is it a black or white thing? or a style of play thing?

someone said it before...scramblers (outside of steve young) haven't got it done in big spots. they can win a few games on their legs, but in the end, need someone who is going to go through more than 2 progressions or reads before taking off. the best QBs (currently) imo are the ones creating time in and around the pocket for their guys to get open, whether it be brady or manning who take a couple steps up or to the side to avoid the entire pass rush, or the rapist (sorry, dmx) or rodgers who go way out of their way to buy time. but the result is the same, giving their receivers an extra couple seconds to get open.

that's not to say it'll always be that way, the game will change. but these running QBs coming out of college (white or black) just don't translate well because you can't out run every NFL defense. too much speed versus the college defenses you run through.

and this isn't about cam, obviously. im talking in general. my two cents.

is it a black or white thing? or a style of play thing?

someone said it before...scramblers (outside of steve young) haven't got it done in big spots. they can win a few games on their legs, but in the end, need someone who is going to go through more than 2 progressions or reads before taking off. the best QBs (currently) imo are the ones creating time in and around the pocket for their guys to get open, whether it be brady or manning who take a couple steps up or to the side to avoid the entire pass rush, or the rapist (sorry, dmx) or rodgers who go way out of their way to buy time. but the result is the same, giving their receivers an extra couple seconds to get open.

that's not to say it'll always be that way, the game will change. but these running QBs coming out of college (white or black) just don't translate well because you can't out run every NFL defense. too much speed versus the college defenses you run through.

and this isn't about cam, obviously. im talking in general. my two cents.

I don't think this class will be as good as '04 or '08. Luck is the best, Cam is the most interesting depending on where he goes, I think Mallet/Locker will struggle.

I don't think this class will be as good as '04 or '08. Luck is the best, Cam is the most interesting depending on where he goes, I think Mallet/Locker will struggle.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

*$$*%%+ Brilliant
laugh.gif
Plunkett+%26+Flores.jpg

And  Steve Young couldve won a few more  rings \if he  wans't backing up the GOAT so a running  QB  probably  could work

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

*$$*%%+ Brilliant
laugh.gif
Plunkett+%26+Flores.jpg

And  Steve Young couldve won a few more  rings \if he  wans't backing up the GOAT so a running  QB  probably  could work

Back
Top Bottom