Do you still stay with your parents?

Just a general questoin.. If you do how old are you?

I moved out at 18.. went to college.. and never moved back... 26 now..

I encourage everybody to make their own moves, but I do understand there are certain circumstances that may have a person still staying with their parents

I moved out at about 25...31 now, and i don't regret it.

I think everyone's situation is different. I lived with my parents in a small tenement in the Bronx, so it was time for me to go. But if I would have been comfortable and had enough space for myself, it would have been great to stay there and save money. New York is a completely different situation than most other places, though. It gets harder and harder every year for an early 20s person to find their own place.

I never really had my parents breathing down my neck or clocking me, but there's nothing like the freedom of getting out there on your own.

Moved out at 21

Went back for 6 months while I was buying my co op last year at 26 :x Horrible

Looking back I should have stayed for another couple years and saved and bought something then. If anyone is still at home don't rush out just to be independent. Figure out what you are trying to do with life and make sure you have a plan.

Last edited:
Got kicked out the house at 15 when my tia found half a pound a weed on my room.

Looking back I should have stayed for another couple years and saved and bought something then. If anyone is still at home don't rush out just to be independent. Figure out what you are trying to do with life and make sure you have a plan.

That's people's problem. People wanna be so independent so bad that they struggle more than they have to. I moved out the first time at 22 all I was doing was school, work, and sleep. Never had money to do much and was so buried in that, I don't even remember having an "end game".

After two years of killing myself with that schedule, I moved back home and was able to reset and put more focus on my goals and moved out again at 26 and never looked back. I see nothing wrong with living at home and it's nothing to be embarrassed about. I don't think most Filipino kids move out the crib anyway until they get married, right? :lol:

Last edited:
I'm 24 and will be moving out in December or January. Just graduated in May

Last edited:
Yep. 21.

After I did what I did. My plan was to move out this earlier this year.

My relationship with my mother is getting better so after I get my self back into school or a position to go back I'll be making that move.

Got kicked out at 18.

Struggled hard at first.. slept in my gf's car that we shared. Stayed with friends until we got good enough jobs to pay for a place. This went on for about a year.

Now we're in a luxury apartment at 22, looking to get a 2 bedroom luxury apartment in December.

Getting kicked out at 18 wasn't right IMO, but if that didn't happen then I wouldn't be where I am now.

23 and still do. I have to help pay for the bills and stuff while saving alot as well so its not too bad. I can def afford to live on my own so its kind of annoying to live at home but the folks need the support so its whatever

24 and nah gonna stay in my big comfortable home until I finish medical school I'll have enough debt to pay after I'm done

Last edited:
I'm 26 homeless. You can call me a rolling stone. I stay at my parents crib at times, sometimes my sister, sometimes the lady friend (when she's not pissing me the **** off)

It's cool. But I'd definitely like my own **** soon. This bouncing back and fourth done got old. I long for my own space.

My sis is in Cali right now so, I've been holding down her fort all to myself for a week now. Phil's Goodman.

Last edited:
I wish, without my parents being there of course.

I stayed with my pops for 1 month between apartments, and have never been so ready for a company to take my money after that month was over
laugh.gif

I wish, without my parents being there of course.

I stayed with my pops for 1 month between apartments, and have never been so ready for a company to take my money after that month was over
laugh.gif
Once I reached a certain age my father and I would bump heads regularly. Straight up machismo testosterone wars all day.

Sometimes you just gotta go.
laugh.gif

Waiting till after the wedding to move out the parents, them wedding funds plus my girl wants a house. Where can i get more money? 
laugh.gif

yeah. im 33 ,  me and my 2 daughters stay with my dad. its not about money . my mom died awhile back and i wouldnt leave my dad. even if my  funds were unlimited my pops would live with me. even if i were to get married again , my pops is living with me. 

. He dont tell me nothing , he stays to himself, we get along great and never have problems. thats my dude  . its like its considered a bad thing in this society to live with or take care of your parents. miss me with that. 

Last edited:
I'm 25 moving out in 2 weeks, love my parents but they always got something to say. Right now I drive 45 mint to work so moving closer to work def. gona be a plus and gona go back into school. I would wana keep living with my parents and save for a house or something but just can't live under them no more.

yeah. im 33 ,  me and my 2 daughters stay with my dad. its not about money . my mom died awhile back and i wouldnt leave my dad. even if my  funds were unlimited my pops would live with me. even if i were to get married again , my pops is living with me. 

. He dont tell me nothing , he stays to himself, we get along great and never have problems. thats my dude  . its like its considered a bad thing in this society to live with or take care of your parents. miss me with that. 

Props man
Shows a lot to your daughters what kind of man you are

Still living at home. It's OK though

Saving for an investment property.
No kids. It is what it is.
My own space would be great though

28 and Still living at home. Thing is, some people can't tolerate their parents. I don't mind my family at all.

They don't necessarily give me a hard time, and a lot of times I actually enjoy their company lol.

Daily homemade meals from Ma > ___ .

I always put in work with specific obligations such as cleaning, dishes, laundry and all that, so I'm not totally a couch potato.

The real estate market here in Toronto is crazy so all we can do is save money (my gf and I).

However, the time is coming soon to go out elsewhere. 

26 and still live with my mom. it's just me and her and we get along great. I have my own space, she has hers. help her with what she needs.

I have the worst luck finding a steady job, I think if I had one I would make the move but I'm not stressing.

I should be smarter with my money while I'm in this situation but finding steady work where I live 
mean.gif
 so when I do have little money I just blow it. 

Last edited:
32 and been out since I was 18.  I know other asian people I went to HS with that got married and moved into 1 of the parents house downstairs or something and they're in their 30s.  That only goes for ppl that are more traditional and not Americanized people

Back
Top Bottom