Do you think any modern American cars will be considered “classic” in 40 years?

I just saw an old man driving a 63 Lincoln Continental. I hit him with the..
300C0149-CA0E-441C-B203-31F141317347.gif

he hit me with the..
59D71E2A-9A7A-43EA-93E1-A74660C4FAAA.gif

...which got me thinking. Do you think any moder American cars are going to be considered classic in 40 years? I can’t think of anything of than the sports cars and the 96 Impala anyone would give a damn about in 40 years. It’s like American auto makers give no dambs anymore. It’s all about profit.

DS hellcats gone be fire in 2060
ZL1 maro
I still turn my head when I see a gxp g8
Z06 C7

The Chevy SS > the G8 but I don’t even think people know the SS happened..

I just saw an old man driving a 63 Lincoln Continental. I hit him with the..
300C0149-CA0E-441C-B203-31F141317347.gif

he hit me with the..
59D71E2A-9A7A-43EA-93E1-A74660C4FAAA.gif

...which got me thinking. Do you think any moder American cars are going to be considered classic in 40 years? I can’t think of anything of than the sports cars and the 96 Impala anyone would give a damn about in 40 years. It’s like American auto makers give no dambs anymore. It’s all about profit.
In regards to everyday cars, no. I remember VW's being very unique looking vehicles & then they went through the remodeling in like 06-07. Now it's that cleaning, generic, boring, run of the mill look. I hate can't stand the way modern cars look. Lacks character.

any kia or nissan altima. I mean cmon. They are beautiful.

I think the gtr and r-8 will be Fire classic. Also m4. But they joint have to be discontinued. The exclusivity feeds that allure.

viper acr? manual na v10 rwd with track records
they not gon make em like that no more

The Chevy SS > the G8 but I don’t even think people know the SS happened..
Yes except aesthetically it looks like a 4 door cobalt. They dropped the ball with the SS. All they had to do was put a kit on the impala, change the look a lil, different wheels and called it the impala SS rwd v8 400+HP and half the scat packs u see would be those. Me and my cousin talk about it all the time. The look of the SS<. Great performance terrible look.

Nah. Cars of today gon age like milk compared to the classics of the past.

The build quality of today’s cars are better than the mid 70’s , 80’s and 90’s cars. They should age nicely.

We’re going to be flying in cars in 40 years, 5th Element style. No ones going to be on the ground to care about your classic whip

Kids today got it good
My first car was a 97 Altima
In the future today’s youngins first cars gonna be a 2017 Altima

I think a Raptor will be up there.
The F150 altogether actually. Especially the Lightning.
9C737309-84F4-4F7A-9E9E-2A3364210D6B.jpeg

I think in 40 even the base models from the this generation gonna turn heads. That’s the model that made the F150 cool....again?
In regards to everyday cars, no. I remember VW's being very unique looking vehicles & then they went through the remodeling in like 06-07. Now it's that cleaning, generic, boring, run of the mill look. I hate can't stand the way modern cars look. Lacks character.
I like how they’re starting to look more like their Granddaddy. Haha
viper acr? manual na v10 rwd with track records
they not gon make em like that no more
Made out of 100% pure inobtainium. :lol:

Classic from '02 right here :pimp:
1596771274855.png
Actually, youre not wrong. They will be worth something but much later in the future. They’re in the quirky styling much how like some people collect Ford Pintos and Gremlins. I didn’t know there was a following for them, crazy.
Lol yea dude nailed it. In 40-50 years when people forget how much a pos this was or just believe cars from era were pos’s generally, these are going to be hot. All that survive.

I think the Magnum gonna crush scenes in the future. I mess with wagons tho tbh.
DFFEA0C6-74C6-4865-870D-FEC1689D118B.jpeg

Dropping crate hellcats in there gonna be the move. If we ever get to the point where we can cheaply convert gas cars to electric cars, all gloves are coming off.

Fast and Furious franchise has a significant impact on car culture - classics will be the Civics/Tegs, GTI/Golfs, Lancers/Evos, and Imprezas/WRX.

*Edit realized OP asking for American :lol: Plymouth Prowler and Dodge Neon/SRT-8 will also be in the classic car pantheon.

Last edited:

Not an American brand car.

I would say the 2005-2014 Mustangs. Last of the SLA suspension "old school" Mustang before the S550 platform switch.

Viper definitely as you won't have a N/A powered V10

Some of the Hemi cars.

And some of the late gen (C7) Vette.

2020 corvette.
Cadillac ELR or most caddy’s.

them Camaros and challengers. Other than that...

American cars are ugly as hell though

Back
Top Bottom