Does anyone else think Tical is a classic album?

310.jpg

and not I'm throwing the term "classic" around loosely when I say I believe this album is a classic. It just seems like the other big 3 solodebuts from GZA, Rae and Ghostface seemed to overshadow this gem. I was just going through it today, not 1 whack track on here...

I agree. I agree so much that back in '01 when I needed a NikeTalk screen name I adopted it.

"Release Yo Self" is so official.

- Tical.

Very dope album, but not a classic. I used to love buggin out to Sub-Crazy on my headphones.

I'd call it close to a classic but with NTers calling garbage like GRODT and Graduation "classics" then Tical is definitely a classic.

Originally Posted by rocksfan25

I'd call it close to a classic but with NTers calling garbage like GRODT and Graduation "classics" then Tical is definitely a classic.
whoa... who the hell called graduation a classic
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by the hater boxden

Originally Posted by rocksfan25

whoa... who the hell called graduation a classic
laugh.gif
Damn I said the same thing in my mind scrolled down and see this ..... yeah who the hell calls graduation a classic?

meth vs chef is addicting to me. atleast once i day i gotta hear that track

attack you like chess moves
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i'd call it a classic.

gritty production.

meth on top of his game.

Release Yo Delf gets me mad pumped!!!

interesting question,, never thought about it.

def can get the classic nod,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, im gonna bow out of this one.

I can not honestly call this a classic. It is a very good album. I wish I could have heard the original album before the flood that Meth and Rza talked abouton several occasions
ohwell.gif

ran back to lab like they was being chased by homicide
pimp.gif

one of the sickest songs period.....

TICAL appreciated...would not call it a classic...if they would have put the mary j remix on there...it would have been though

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

It is a classic.

This album kept the momentum from 36 Chambers going.

yeah that album definitely, kept the momentum going...with, bring the pain and the all I need remix, especially the all I need remix, I remmeber that videoalways being played on the box
as much as I listened to the album when it came out, I never ever find myself going back and listening to it, so I dont know if I would call it a classic

but it did get things moving for the the string of hits the wu had from 93-96

36 chambers
tical
return to the 36 chambers
liquid swords
ob4cl
ironman

To smokey MF's on the East......hell yes it's a classic.

PLO Style!

But Sub Crazy was my !%$+ for real.

Definitely a classic to me, i was honestly raised on this cd, my aunt used to have me reciting the words when i was like 7

"Tical, tical , tical, pass it over here baby!!!!!!!!!!!, tical, tical, tical, Whats that s*** u think u smokin!!!!!!?"

Honestly.............. To this day I'm not sure. It's way better than most hip hop albums, but still the weakest of the first round of Wu albumsreleased (Which is not saying much since 85% of hip hop albums fall short of the Wu's first round releases).

Back
Top Bottom