Does anyone remember the last time Michael Jordan suited up in a Chicago Bulls uniform and wore ..?

These at MSG for his last game against the Knicks, back in 97-98 season, he mentioned in an article (can't find the source/link) that this pair was not a special make-up from Nike for such occasion, but from his own stash from 84-85.  If I remember correctly, these were a size 12.5. And the point I'm trying to make here is that these were 13 year old antiques by our standards nowadays, and THEY WOULDN'T BE WEARABLE, let alone be played by the greatest player of all time in an NBA game... He recorded 42 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals and 1 block that very night. Enjoy the pictures...

75316319.jpg
75316312.jpg
94734642.jpg
75316243.jpg

56661186.jpg

75316341.jpg

nice post! definitely didn't know this...I find it hard to believe that they were wearable though

I remember that MJ's the man
pimp.gif
 I guess the shoes Nike made for Mike had very high quality and it should. 

Originally Posted by CPinoy

Originally Posted by AirMichaelJordan23

How did the shoes not fall apart?
i've always thought he just UNDS a pair of retros from 1994.....but that's just me...nonetheless cupsole sneakers like dunks and da air jordan I's don't have midsoles made of exposed

foam that would've made them brittle and fall apart...

yep i remember '98 i was all wide eyed in front of the tv still need a pair of those.... oh well ill settle for the alpha's until i find some 94' sz 12's

they were 100% ogs, and the og 1s are extremely durable no cracking, etc i remember this day like it was yesterday i have to go through my vhs collection i have it taped somewhere lol

If you go here https://www.nike.com/jumpman23/historyofflight/ and click on 98 and click on the closet you will see the answer. He said that he was doing some cleaning around the house and found them and decided to wear them. I am pretty sure that the were OGs and DS. This is a pic of my 1985 pair and they are in really good shape and a pic of MJ wearing his in that game.

dd516f2a166698dda9ecb679dd1c18ec24c7d6c6.pjpg
d2c16424156d99d3a4fa6bc56cfd6e0c8fec773b.pjpg

I remember this game as well, man I miss those days. The NBA back then was much more entertaining to watch. Nice post.

Originally Posted by veGAtts

AJ 1s are durable. You can probably wear OGs to this day and be fine.

yes exactly. thoes OG 1s are tanks. they cant be distroyed no matter what.

I remember that game. Didn't MJ swapped out of his I's at halftime because they weren't comfortable for him? Damn, memories! Those are DS OG I's. I remember going nuts when I was young watching the game live. I remember callin' my boyz telling them to watch the game bc MJ was wearing the I's.

Straight
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom