Does DC/MD NOW produce the best basketball?

Hate to dog on people from NY and other places around the country, but I think over the past 5 years my home (representing the 301) has made the best playersand really if you put together our players we can take any group of players from anyone city. We may not have the history, but we're killing it now. Checkup our lineup:

PF: Melo
SF: Rudy Gay
SG: Kevin Durant
PG: Sam Cassell
C: Roy Hibbert (our weak spot)

Bench:
PF: Chris Wilcox
SF: Micheal BEASTLY (that's his nick name)
SF: Josh Boone
PG: Jarret Jack or Steve Blake
SF:Linas Kleiza
SF: Joe Smith

Injury Reserve:
Delonte West

I know KG and Wade represent Chicago, but really what other city can take us. On the college level MD won in 02', Melo won the year after, Mason made it tothe Final Four in 06' with all dudes from around my way, and Gtown made it to the FF with Green and Hibert (representing the 301) and a bunch of other areakids.

PG County
pimp.gif

Steve Blake and Wilcox aren't from the area though.
but i'd say yes. if you include all of MD and DC, we've got roughly half the population of NYC with arguably as much, if not more talent over the last5 years or so.

there's a lot of other dudes you didn't mention (Eddie Badsden, Keith Bogans, etc.)

Oh really, yeah then take Wilcox and Blake out...Jeff Green is one of those guys who I watched for a lot of years, but then when I went to the Wiz-Sonics game,I was like man he looks undersized and my one complaint against Green is that he is way to unselfish. Gtown could have been the Gators a couple years back inthe Elite Eight if Green would have stepped up more in the second half.

Dixon I think is a guy who's NBA career is about to come to an end due to no fault of his own. He fit in perfectly with the Wiz but for some reason no onecan find the minutes for him. He's great off the bench and could provide a great spark but I think his skill is going to diminish on the bench.

This post is also to celebrate Gary Williams sucking at recruiting

dont forget Big Shot Rob..Robert Horry..
My man Nolan Smith
Donte Green
Whole Georgetown team minus Sapp

DMV got this whole bball thing on smash for awhile...too much talent being pumped out right now
smokin.gif

Yeah, I was just talking about the NBA...

If we dip into college....
smh.gif
smh.gif

OUT-OF-HAND....

And KG is from SC....

Originally Posted by regulus903

Hate to dog on people from NY and other places around the country, but I think over the past 5 years my home (representing the 301) has made the best players and really if you put together our players we can take any group of players from anyone city. We may not have the history, but we're killing it now. Check up our lineup:

PF: Melo - BROOKLYN
SF: Rudy Gay - MD
SG: Kevin Durant - MD
PG: Sam Cassell - MD
C: Roy Hibbert (our weak spot) - MD (prepped in DC)

Bench:
PF: Chris Wilcox - NC
SF: Micheal BEASTLY (that's his nick name) - MD
SF: Josh Boone - MD
PG: Jarret Jack - MD or Steve Blake - FL
SF:Linas Kleiza -Euro/prepped in MD
SF: Joe Smith - VA

Injury Reserve:
Delonte West - MD

I know KG and Wade represent Chicago, but really what other city can take us. On the college level MD won in 02', Melo won the year after, Mason made it to the Final Four in 06' with all dudes from around my way, and Gtown made it to the FF with Green and Hibert (representing the 301) and a bunch of other area kids.

I made some adjustments to your list....DC got Moochie Norris....not so much the "D" but, M/V have been doing their thing with the whole collegescene....DC has been turning out some good football players though...
People started to take notice of urea hoops since the emergence of Durant andBeasley....but, the DMV as a whole has a long way to go to catch up with NYC

Also, as long as JT3 is up in G'Town, every other area school becomes secondary in the recruiting process. He got the recruiting game on lock. Gary hasnever been a strong recruiter. He has been more lucky than good....

Another thing...if you are going to have an old head like Joe Smith on the "roster," then what's good with leaving guys like Allen Iverson orSteve Francis off the list? AI from VA, and the franchise is from Tacoma Park.

C - Patrick Ewing
PF - Joe Smith
SF - Len Bias
SG - Juan Dixon
PG - Allen Iverson

Bench

Alonzo Mourning
Keith Booth
Harold Deane
Ralph Sampson
Steve Francis
John Lucas
Junior Burrough
Dikembe Mutombo
Johnny Rhodes
Reggie Williams
Victor Page
tongue.gif

I know I missed a few...but, I am half asleep...I'll make edits in the AM....but I gotta agree with dude who said that we shouldn't include dudes fromsouthern VA, cause that doesn't really count as the DMV...I just made an "all" UVA/UMD/G'Town team....

*Elgin Baylor - DC

Originally Posted by MBen32

My man Nolan Smith
Donte Green

DMV got this whole bball thing on smash for awhile...too much talent being pumped out right now
smokin.gif
The only dudes on Georgetown from the area are Hibbert, Freeman, Wright, and Summers. And Joe Smith aint from the area...neither is Josh Boone (he onlyplayed a couple years of HS ball out FAR in MD)

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Chicago > Our area

over the past several years up until now?? or overall?? because overall...a lot of places got us...we always had talent but it didnt get outrageous likethis til a few years ago..but overall chicago and nyc>>>DMV but i think we ready close that gap real soon!

well in that case ill throw in Grant Hill, Lawrence Moten, Ralph Sampson (if you wanna go back that far for a center lol), or more recently with AlonzoMourning, Iverson etc.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

My man Nolan Smith
Donte Green

smokin.gif
The only dudes on Georgetown from the area are Hibbert, Freeman, Wright, and Summers.

exactly..the WHOLE team minus sapp...who else putting in work for georgetown other than rivers(on defense)

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Chicago > Our area

Chicago PG's tend to be some of my favorite guards in the nation...

Bynum, Pargo, Collins, Wade, James, Scheyer, Rose, Dockery, Dee Brown,

Uhh...you forgot the starting point guard of 4 years...who is from Alabama...and Pat...who is from Marietta...both of them are major contributors.

See I really don't see that, I mean if you take all of the players from the entire history of the NBA I can see NYC and Chicago taking DMV, but right nowcurrently in the league I think its only Chitown and DMV, and that's cuz Chitown has Garnett and Wade.

Hell as of late Seattle and LA have been pumping out some ball players. Do I need to list the LA dudes?

Stop including southern VA dudes in the discussion...Joe Smith, AI, Mourning....that is nowhere near the DC/MD/VA metro area (Everything Baltimore to DC andNOVA)...which is what "DMV" really is. Seven Cities has never been a part of the Metro Area.

Uhh...you forgot the starting point guard of 4 years...who is from Alabama...and Pat...who is from Marietta...both of them are major contributors.

alright..i'll give you wallace...but ewing..ehhh...never really been a fan of his...

alright..i'll give you wallace...but ewing..ehhh...never really been a fan of his...

He's clearly the heart of the team and the only player CLOSE to a classic G'Town player from back in the 90's but ehh...if you say so. If hewasn't on the team we'd be alot softer than we already are

He's clearly the heart of the team and the only player CLOSE to a classic G'Town player from back in the 90's 80's but ehh...if you say so. If he wasn't on the team we'd be alot softer than we already are

fixed.
wink.gif
yeah...Georgetown is pretty soft...i usually root for them onthe side cause there local..but damn...its been hard to root or watch them dudes this year..
sick.gif
i wish they would let summers just break loose...dude has too muchpotential...
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom