Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

Hey dom,

I'm a big fan of your work and a customizer just starting out. On your ATC 2 Yeezy customs, how did you do the bottoms? Did you paint with a sole protector, or what?

Hey dom,
I'm a big fan of your work and a customizer just starting out. On your ATC 2 Yeezy customs, how did you do the bottoms? Did you paint with a sole protector, or what?

for rubber soles you wanna use adhesion promoter so the paint sticks and then some sort of sole protector after youre done

@Peabrain i have a question about these too. What color did you use for the lining?

Good **** on the restorations peabrain! But i was wondering , where can u find the shoe strings for cherry 12s ? What website and if eBay what size ?

I love your work and I've been following you on IG for awhile now. How'd you remove the stains and get the tongue on the Dino Jr's so clean?

Also, what's the reason you wouldn't apply your sole sauce to the back tabs to make them whiter? Will it harm the material?

Another question:

For denim stains how do you remove them? I got some grails of mine for a good price (Pee Wee Dunks) and they have denim staining on them-the suede near the anklw.  Is there a process that could remove the denim staining or would I need to do a re-dye?
Hey, thanks for the support!

I used some dish soap and warm water first on the tongues and then to get the rest of the stains out lincoln ez cleaner.

The reason I didnt apply any sole sauce to the tabs is that they really dont tend to unyellow very much, so Its just not worth the time.

Denim stains can be tricky but if its suede then try lincoln ez cleaner.  Sometimes they come out, sometimes they dont
ohwell.gif

Hope this helps!
Hi! Is there any way to remove crases from toebox nubuck ( like bred 4 or black cat)?

Your work is amazing dude!
Thanks bro!

Taking out creases from nubuck you can use the iron method just set the heat to a little bit of a lower heat and follow the same steps as if it was leather

High quality work here that's forsure. I was wondering if you could help me out. I have a pair of Crimson 3s that the paint on the midsole is chipping. Any colors I should mix to get that right color?
nthat.gif
My man!

Crimson 3s... hmm, If angelus doesnt make the crimson colour then I think you should mix some infrared and varsity (or some type of regular red) and try

to see if you can get it that way.  Paint matching takes time and patience and you wont always get it on the first try!

Hey dom,

Hey Myrtle,

Thanks for the kind words and I hope to see some work from you soon!

On the ATC yeezy customs I actually primed the sole and then airbrushed it followed by putting a sole defender on to protect the paint and make them wearable.

GOOD WORK LIKE ALWAYS
pimp.gif

for rubber soles you wanna use adhesion promoter so the paint sticks and then some sort of sole protector after youre done

@Peabrain i have a question about these too. What color did you use for the lining?
Exactly, you got it!

I used a mix of infrared and varsity red to get the lining
Good **** on the restorations peabrain! But i was wondering , where can u find the shoe strings for cherry 12s ? What website and if eBay what size ?
Appreciate it man!  Shoe strings on 12s, I wouldnt even know, sorry bro!
Anyone have experience fixing 1998-2000 AM 95 midsoles that have split apart? I may need some insight. Thanks!
Hey, I really suck at gluing so I wouldnt be able to help you much but I do know that if you are going to do any gluing, you want to use

barge cement.  Its flexible and perfect for sole separation or even midsole swaps!

Nice customs! Do those Red Tech Challenges glow in the dark??
Hey SJ,

No unfortunately they dont, at the time I made them I didnt know how to do glow in the dark soles

One of my favorite threads to check in on. :smokin

Peabrain, any tips for re-gluing the soles on some OG 12s such as where to start? Start at the toe, the heel, the center? etc. Been having a hard time to find a good starting point.

Hey Dom, excellant work

2 questions

1. what's the best way to unyellow the netting on Jordan 4 WC? I tried Rit whitner and brightner and it didnt work, paint? and what method?

2. how do you fix small pitting on the midsole of Jordan 4? sand them down?

Thanks

Last edited:
Great work!

Are you good with dying kicks?

I'm looking to dying the uppers of these gof XX9s to navy blue or black. Any recommendations? 

image.jpg

Hey Dom, love your work.Wondering what mix/paint do you use to restore royal 1s. Thanks in advance!

Hey dom, I like your work alot, and must say that you are very talented. I need help in re-dyeing my Ferrari 14, and thought that you could be abla to help me. I looked into angelus dye and saw that they did not have a challenge red color. So do you know of any dyes that look similar, or any mixture I can make to match the challenge red? Thank you very much! And keep up the great work.

You're great, very talented bro...never stop
Thanks bro 
smokin.gif

One of my favorite threads to check in on.
smokin.gif

Peabrain, any tips for re-gluing the soles on some OG 12s such as where to start? Start at the toe, the heel, the center? etc. Been having a hard time to find a good starting point.
Appreciate it fam!

I would always start at the toe and make sure its flush, once you have that you're good!

Hey Dom, excellant work

2 questions

1. what's the best way to unyellow the netting on Jordan 4 WC? I tried Rit whitner and brightner and it didnt work, paint? and what method?

2. how do you fix small pitting on the midsole of Jordan 4? sand them down?

Thanks
Thanks,

Hey bro,

Paint should work when whiting netting but its difficult to do unless you have an airbrush

Also, yea you may have to sand them down

Great work!

Are you good with dying kicks?

I'm looking to dying the uppers of these gof XX9s to navy blue or black. Any recommendations? 

image.jpg
I dont dye stuff that often so I may not be the best person to ask, sorry man

Hey Dom, love your work.Wondering what mix/paint do you use to restore royal 1s. Thanks in advance!
Thanks bro!  I usually mix a tad bit of blue with white to get the right shade

But remember, the 2001 royal blues and 2013 (year?) are different shades of blues
Hey dom, I like your work alot, and must say that you are very talented. I need help in re-dyeing my Ferrari 14, and thought that you could be abla to help me. I looked into angelus dye and saw that they did not have a challenge red color. So do you know of any dyes that look similar, or any mixture I can make to match the challenge red? Thank you very much! And keep up the great work.
hey man, the "red" colour should be fine for dying your ferrari red 14s, once its on there it`ll blend right in

Sorry for the hiatus guys but Im back!

Here is some of the custom work Ive done recently 

Wolf Grey to Wolf Black

Undefeated 6s with custom made lace lock

Solar Red Jordan 2 Custom

Cement Jordan 5 custom

Cement Jordan 5 custom

Royal Blue Laser custom

Salmon Toe NB custom

Some recent restorations!

Nike Supreme Blazers naturally whitened

Sample Jordan 1s Scuff repaired

Jordan 4 previously repainted by someone else and then fixed

Metallic Jordan 5 toebox decrease, deep cleaned and suede redyed

T23 Full restoration except for unyellowed Soles

Deep scuff fixed

Hienkens dunks deep stain that was previously tried to be cleaned with Jason mark which did more damage

fixed by your truly

Cool Grey 4 Midsole repaint

Another shot of the T23s

I'm looking to repaint the mid-soles on my True Blue 3s.

In regards to paint, on Angelus Direct, there is Flat White and White. Which is the better option? 

Also, should I purchase the 'Duller' or any of the 'Finishers' as well? I see that someone recommended the duller earlier in the thread saying Angelus Paint is already shiny. Whats your advice?

Are their anything else I should purchase for the project?

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom