Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

Mr. Peabrain

I need to know if you ever cleaned or restored some aj ko bred before. My ajko canvas have some dirt on it and made the black part showed some slight off shade due to the dirt.. Thank you

Mr. Peabrain

I need to know if you ever cleaned or restored some aj ko bred before. My ajko canvas have some dirt on it and made the black part showed some slight off shade due to the dirt.. Thank you
Hmm mou5pad,

Have you tried just cleaning it?

If the black is a little faded you could dye it so its a dark black agaib
Anbody hav any contact info on peabrain from doms restorations?? Thanks
Feel free to Pm me :smile:

Yeah thats exactly what happened, Rookie mistake = Lesson Learned. I put in alot of elbow grease this weekend trying to lighten it up, I used a suede eraser first but stopped cause I didnt like how the nubuck started to feel and then just kept wetting it trying to get ther rest out, unfortunately I didnt take pics. I wanted to try Jason Markk or Lincoln EZ Clean?? Outside of that I gthinking I'm going have to have to strip it down completely or maybe just repaint them all together. Thanks for the info, Very Much Appreciated!!

Yeah thats exactly what happened, Rookie mistake = Lesson Learned. I put in alot of elbow grease this weekend trying to lighten it up, I used a suede eraser first but stopped cause I didnt like how the nubuck started to feel and then just kept wetting it trying to get ther rest out, unfortunately I didnt take pics. I wanted to try Jason Markk or Lincoln EZ Clean?? Outside of that I gthinking I'm going have to have to strip it down completely or maybe just repaint them all together. Thanks for the info, Very Much Appreciated!!
I would stick with lincoln ez cleaner for suede but jason mark works alright too

Hope the stain comes out and at least now you know for the future!

Ok cool Thanks alot i appreciate the info. If that doesnt work then more than likely I'm going to repaint the front and back elephant print black and put a black tint on the icy sole. Since the elephant print is orange do you think it best to strip the color first or just dye over it? Thanks again!!

Hey man love your work!

Been doing some restorations myself. Will post pix in a separate thread soon, don't wanna hijack yours.

Quick question, do you know how to fix up patent leather creasing? Got some space jams and 19 SEs I'm working on, and that's literally the only problem I have. Does the steaming method work?

Good to see that your still working your magic!
Thanks Polar!

I havent got around to doing that custom we talked about but it stays in the back of my mind at all times lol

Hey man love your work!

Been doing some restorations myself. Will post pix in a separate thread soon, don't wanna hijack yours.

Quick question, do you know how to fix up patent leather creasing? Got some space jams and 19 SEs I'm working on, and that's literally the only problem I have. Does the steaming method work?
Appreciate it Bonez!

Patent leather creasing can be fixed using the Iron method, just make sure the iron never comes directly in contact with the patent

Sounds good man thanks!

How can I deep clean the black mesh on the tongue and on the sides? I tried Jason Markk on a couple stains, it didn't work. Seemed as if the stains were deep in the mesh, had a very rough glued-together type feel to them.

Peabrain what finish did you put on those aqua 8s, and you use a brush on all your midsole reprints correct?

Been trying to find time to repaint my Aquas.

Just got one last question hehe. Been pretty much lurking and getting info from this thread. Super helpful and it's also awesome to see these pairs come back to life again !

Well, here's my question: Is it possible to restore/repair the elephant print of these pair of White Cement 3s ? It seems that the previous owner half-*** removed the paint of the midsole before i stripped it this time and got some of the paint on the elephant print :smh: thanks in advance peabrain ! :smile: :smile: (the stain is on the part of the R in AIR where the line points to downwards.)

Last edited:
Hey Peabrain, just a couple of questions: 

I got these beat 5s in the mail, and wanted to restore them. So far I haven't gotten around to icing them yet, but I will soon. I was wondering what to do about this problem here on the tongue.

As you can see the Jumpan's threads seem to be coming off a little bit, Is there any way I can fix this? or at least not have it look so bad lol.

The shoe is also kind of dirty on the inside.

As I have already thrown the insoles and laces in the washer, I was wondering if it was also okay to just throw the whole shoe in there too. I've heard of people doing this, but I wasn't sure if it would be safe for this type of shoe.

And last of all, how would you go about getting rid of the smell on a pair of shoes? I was thinking I should let it sit around some baking soda if I don't put it in the washing machine. Just let me know, sorry for all the questions haha. 

Thanks a lot Dom. 

I got these beat 5s in the mail, and wanted to restore them. So far I haven't gotten around to icing them yet, but I will soon. I was wondering what to do about this problem here on the tongue.

As you can see the Jumpan's threads seem to be coming off a little bit, Is there any way I can fix this? or at least not have it look so bad lol.

As I have already thrown the insoles and laces in the washer, I was wondering if it was also okay to just throw the whole shoe in there too. I've heard of people doing this, but I wasn't sure if it would be safe for this type of shoe.

And last of all, how would you go about getting rid of the smell on a pair of shoes? I was thinking I should let it sit around some baking soda if I don't put it in the washing machine. Just let me know, sorry for all the questions haha. 

Thanks a lot Dom. 
if you want to wash shoes inside and out i suggest http://reshoevn8r.com/  if you want you can repaint the logo inside but honestly chunk that up as a loss and for your stiching problem it will be like that doesnt look that bad to be real

if you want to wash shoes inside and out i suggest http://reshoevn8r.com/  if you want you can repaint the logo inside but honestly chunk that up as a loss and for your stiching problem it will be like that doesnt look that bad to be real
Thanks for the advice. I actually don't care about the jumpan on the insole, Im just wondering how I can get all the sock lint and little hairs out of there. Its pretty gross, and after putting it in the washer on a heavy duty cycle it doesn't look like much came off, so thats what im worried about. Ill check out reshoven8r though. Have you used it personally?

Thanks for the advice. I actually don't care about the jumpan on the insole, Im just wondering how I can get all the sock lint and little hairs out of there. Its pretty gross, and after putting it in the washer on a heavy duty cycle it doesn't look like much came off, so thats what im worried about. Ill check out reshoven8r though. Have you used it personally?

I have meet them at dxc last year they were
Local in the state and honestly I will never use nothing else I used every cleaner on the market, angelus cleaner, air legends, that stuff from footlocker and finish line, shoe magic, Lincoln ez cleaner, even Jason markk, nothing compares to reshoevn8r, and if your just trying to remove lint use one of those hand shavers, get the pack from the dollar store if you plan on doing multiple shoes

Local in the state and honestly I will never use nothing else I used every cleaner on the market, angelus cleaner, air legends, that stuff from footlocker and finish line, shoe magic, Lincoln ez cleaner, even Jason markk, nothing compares to reshoevn8r, and if your just trying to remove lint use one of those hand shavers, get the pack from the dollar store if you plan on doing multiple shoes
Thanks, I guess ill pick up some. What package of theirs do you recommend? The Complete system? And I just wanted to better understand what you meant by the hand shavers. You mean like disposable razors? 

Thanks

Is this money back guarantee?

Sounds good man thanks!

How can I deep clean the black mesh on the tongue and on the sides? I tried Jason Markk on a couple stains, it didn't work. Seemed as if the stains were deep in the mesh, had a very rough glued-together type feel to them.
Hmm, well if the stains and very small and just wont come out, you can always drop a very small black dot of paint right over them

I dont recommend this most of the time but it certain cases its okay to do
Peabrain what finish did you put on those aqua 8s, and you use a brush on all your midsole reprints correct?

Been trying to find time to repaint my Aquas.
I use a brush for all my midsole repaints and for the Aqua 8s I believe I used the Satin Finisher

Just got one last question hehe. Been pretty much lurking and getting info from this thread. Super helpful and it's also awesome to see these pairs come back to life again !

Well, here's my question: Is it possible to restore/repair the elephant print of these pair of White Cement 3s ? It seems that the previous owner half-*** removed the paint of the midsole before i stripped it this time and got some of the paint on the elephant print
mean.gif
thanks in advance peabrain !
smile.gif
smile.gif
(the stain is on the part of the R in AIR where the line points to downwards.)
Hey man,

To be honest the only thing I would do and this is a lot of work for something as small as that becasue the stain isnt that noticeable

If you can colour match the elepant grey you can just paint a bit over the stain

Thanks a lot Dom. 
Hey,

As mentioned above the washing machine method with Reshoev8r works but its very different than just putting your shoe in the wash

with some detergent.  First off, Reshoev8r is expensive, not to mention you're using a whole load of water in your washing machine for one shoe.

Ive seen some of the before and after pics and to be honest, I think this thing really only takes off surface dirt which would help with your insoles.

You can try it but I would just jason mark the shoe and take out the insoles and give them a good scrub too.  If the smell is still there then lysol the insides.

Thanks, I guess ill pick up some. What package of theirs do you recommend? The Complete system? And I just wanted to better understand what you meant by the hand shavers. You mean like disposable razors? 

Thanks
As for the stitching I dont think theres much you can do about that but 

the sock lint can be dealt with pretty easily, you can shave it off with a razor 

or get a sock lint remover little machine

Like I said before, Reshoevn8r really just gets rid of surface dirt and I would NOT recommend putting certain shoes in the wash.

Especially older sneakers, submerging them in water for long periods of time can definitely help cut their wearable life short

Back
Top Bottom