Donnie Darko

i just watched this movie, and i didnt fully understand it. what were those little liquid things coming out of people's chests? and was the rabbit real, orjust part of Donnie's imagination?

the liquid spears were showing time travel. They showed where that person was moving to ahead of time. Donnie was able to see essentially, into the future. Therabbit Frank was real, he was the guy in the costume. But Donnie did imagine seeing him in other places though, inside the bathroom mirror and the theater.Some of the film is left up to the viewer to decide, but most of it can be explained by other parts of the movie itself, it helps if you watch it severaltimes. The book in the movie also gives descriptions of things your going to see. Most people tend to not understand the ending.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

this movie was somewhat confusing

Somewhat??? I had to watch the movie twice before I even understood it. I thought he was dreaming the whole time the first time I watched it because ofthe sleepwalking. I think it would suck to know the day and the hour you were going to die.

wait, so he WASN'T dreaming? he actually went back in time? i figured it was a dream the whole time and he was just schizo

i'll rewatch it later, but right now my head hurts

yeah this movie is really good, but you do need to pay close attention and watch it 2-3 times, it involves time travel and a bunch of other mess

I don't know. If you think about it, the movie actually doesn't make sense....I think. Nonetheless, I still think it's an awesome movie- makesyou think about things.

Mad World - Gary Jules
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dope movie. I recommended it to my psychology teacher and it was her first pick out of all the class's choices too.

Mad World is awesome too
glasses.gif

I don't know. If you think about it, the movie actually doesn't make sense....I think. Nonetheless, I still think it's an awesome movie- makes you think about things.

How so? It deals a lot with paradoxes...so it's a good idea to read up on paradoxes now. He basically had to "travel" in time to change theoutcome of the past so that he does die.

no i thought Franks eye was messed up, from when Donnie stabbed it like when he was hallucinating or something....it showed that scene waay before he shot himwhich sorta explains his messed up eye

Hate this movie with a passion...

Personally I think time travel movies in general are wack because of the huge loop holes they create. Like I was watching terminator II the other day and johnconnor only gets born as the result of john connor sending that dude back in time where he knocks up his mom. That's not possible, because before he sendthe dude back in time john connor wouldn't exist... Same %%%+ just different toilet. Huge loop holes in the idea and concept of time travel... Very fewgood movies involving time travel...

Also hate that people are into this movie for the sole purpose of trying to be a douche bag hipster or act like they know a lot about psychology and justgenerally gas this movie as only intelligent people like it when thats clearly not the case...

Honestly if you watch it more than once, its pretty self explanatory. Everyone else's explanations might screw yours up.

Also hate that people are into this movie for the sole purpose of trying to be a douche bag hipster or act like they know a lot about psychology and just generally gas this movie as only intelligent people like it when thats clearly not the case...

COSIGN... theres like a whole cult following of people who d-ride this movie like it's not just another movie made by some hippie director on acid. peopletreat it like it's the answer to life or some +#%+

this girl BEGGED me to go rent the movie and watch it. she made it sound like the greatest thing ever. its JUST A MOVIE, it wasnt written by God to reveal theall mighty truths of life. just because it leaves you confused doesnt mean its a good movie. i mean, i liked the movie and all, but i just take it as a weirdmovie and nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom