Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yeah. We have our own things to spend money on. I rarely drink so I no longer spend money on that. I still go out to eat on weekends but nothing crazy for the most part. The last time I did $100 per person was for the ex girlfriend's bday.

You can still find good food for not too much money though.
He probably even won't spend 100 for dinner though. Maybe for the night depending on if he likes to drink.

I'll preface this by saying that I think Dahuhuhyah is a troll, but he does have a point. If you're spending this much on clothing but you can't swing a $100 meal (especially for an "occasion" like this), then something is amiss.

I used to be like you guys as well and want to allocate my money towards material stuff, but as you get older you realize that money should be going towards experiences rather than "stuff".

Not to mention, who doesn't like a nice steak?

I apologize to A, this is an age sensitive point of view and I tend to forget broski just graduated college and really just started making good money....I'm talking like a 31 year old man with a million responsabilities and is really not fair that I judge him with my priorities, in hindsight a 21 year old self me, would be doing the same ****

There are ways to eat out, enjoy yourself, have a nice ambiance and not break the bank, but once in a while it's necessary to treat yourself, all dressed up eating garbage isn't a good look. Luxuries tend to go hand in hand...

I don't even think they'll serve it to you well done, they'll probably kick you out and temporarily ban you for a year to do such a sacrilege to a fine aged steak.

I always order well, and always get stares from who ever I am with :smh:

I agree with adrian on this, I'd rather spend money on clothes, or entertainment, rather than food.

you're just gonna **** it out anyway..
laugh.gif

i take my girl out for nice dinners probably twice a month, besides that, we cook at home. Saves money and calories.

Plus I dont drink, or have friends.....
roll.gif
Aye man, its just one night. They ain't doing it every week. If he can afford 300 dollar dress shoes, he should be able to afford a 50 dollar steak and some drinks for a good night with the Dressing Better Fam.

But at this point, its all on him.

I agree with adrian on this, I'd rather spend money on clothes, or entertainment, rather than food.

you're just gonna **** it out anyway.. :lol:

i take my girl out for nice dinners probably twice a month, besides that, we cook at home. Saves money and calories.

Plus I dont drink, or have friends..... :rofl:
Aye man, its just one night. They ain't doing it every week. If he can afford 300 dollar dress shoes, he should be able to afford a 50 dollar steak and some drinks for a good night with the Dressing Better Fam.

Just cause you afford it, should you buy it? Nothing wrong with being frugal IMO

I guess I see both points of view.

China town... one of my favorite restaurants is there, Peking Duck house, food is great, you get served family style, duck is good as hell and the best part.... its BYOB, can't beat that with a stick.

Peking Duck house is where its at lol
All the filipinos hit Hop Kee lol. Literally asked my parents why that's the only spot we'd ever head to. That was their exact response :lol:

I saw scotch mentioned. Are many of y'all scotch drinkers? I'm completely uninformed when it comes to it but I know what I like. Glenfiddic is probably my favorite so far
Going to try out a new bottle this weekend to celebrate my birthday :pimp:

Just cause you afford it, should you buy it? Nothing wrong with being frugal IMO
Of course not man. We all got priorities. Some of us in college  with loans to pay or low paying jobs and others have full time jobs and families. But to spend the kind of money some of us do on this idea of "dressing better" and to not treat yourself to a meal relative to the way you dress or carry yourself is just off. I just can't understand it, but its on him. Sticks and Stones make break my bones, but this suit looks damn good!!

I saw scotch mentioned. Are many of y'all scotch drinkers? I'm completely uninformed when it comes to it but I know what I like. Glenfiddic is probably my favorite so far
Going to try out a new bottle this weekend to celebrate my birthday :pimp:
Elfster told me its coming up. Sunday correct? Happy early birthday famb :pimp:

Going to try out a new bottle this weekend to celebrate my birthday
pimp.gif
not a fan, but hope you enjoy your birthday bruh

Yup! thanks bros

not a fan, but hope you enjoy your birthday bruh

I've only tried 2 so far, Glenfiddich 12 and can't remember the other one, started with a M. But both were pretty good.
My liver will hate me when I get older because I pretty much only drink brown

Last edited:
Oh and outside of DB, I actually love to cook. I find the feeling of being able to prepare your own meal to be very rewarding.
The cats who follow me on IG see my novice attempts so its cool. Y'all can think I eat whatever you want. :lol:

Oh and outside of DB, I actually love to cook. I find the feeling of being able to prepare your own meal to be very rewarding.
The cats who follow me on IG see my novice attempts so its cool. Y'all can think I eat whatever you want.
laugh.gif
Aye bro, your good don't have to defend yourself anymore.

IMO its the only way to eat steak. Ill never understand that eating semi uncooked meat.

Well done meat brahs? Really? Rare to medium rare. Anything above medium, there's no point in getting a nice dry aged steak, all the cuts start tasting the same. But I guess different strokes for different folks.

In regards to the being frugal, it's a personal choice. I'm gonna be graduating with well over 200k in debt over my 8 years of post high school education, but from the money I did have extra, I usually spent on experiences (trips, food, etc) with people rather then my own personal enjoyment from material things. Granted I did spend a good amount on DB items lol. My personal preference but everyone is different.

Carry on.

The cats who follow me on IG see my novice attempts so its cool. Y'all can think I eat whatever you want. :lol:

I concur. Food be looking on point sir. I've gotten into cooking a bit more since I can control what's going in my food and I'll usually grill up some steaks for friends and myself every week or so but if I want a nice dry aged or prime ribeye/etc I'll actually save some money going out and getting it at a restaurant since those exact cuts they get are pricey for what the general public pays.

While on this topic, what are y'all drinking, if at all? I've lately been enjoying whiskey-neat. Looking to branch out though.

Well done meat brahs? Really? Rare to medium rare. Anything above medium, there's no point in getting a nice dry aged steak, all the cuts start tasting the same. But I guess different strokes for different folks.

In regards to the being frugal, it's a personal choice. I'm gonna be graduating with well over 200k in debt over my 8 years of post high school education, but from the money I did have extra, I usually spent on experiences (trips, food, etc) with people rather then my own personal enjoyment from material things. Granted I did spend a good amount on DB items lol. My personal preference but everyone is different.

Carry on.
I got a weak stomach and everyone's def of rare is always different so I stick with well done to avoid issues. Plus well done steak be tasting awesome. You guys eat burgers and ribs well done too?

I only do well done, I'll take my meat burnt if I could....I hattteee my meat Moo-ing at me.

Back
Top Bottom