Dressing Better Vol 2.0

i went to texas de brazil when i went to dallas this summer. i was underwhelmed :/

their lobster bisque was on point, though.
Last time I had it I was 15, for me it was amazing

laugh.gif

Will report back at my age now(21)

how much steak can anyone eat... man vs food at that point.... you referring to a churrascaria??? ... excuse me if I butchered the spelling

Some of you are really showing your age in this conversation, not saying that as an insult, but you can clearly see who is under 25.

Jameson neat or Jameson and ginger ale are my "go to" bar drinks, hard to **** up, although sometimes they put too much ginger ale.

At home or at dinner, can't go wrong with Glennfiddich, Glenlivet, Macallan, Johnny Walker... 18 and above. I've dabbled in other whiskey's and scotches.

Yeah. We have our own things to spend money on. I rarely drink so I no longer spend money on that. I still go out to eat on weekends but nothing crazy for the most part. The last time I did $100 per person was for the ex girlfriend's bday.

You can still find good food for not too much money though.

On the same boat. Clothing being one of them. I'm pretty frugal probably the most frugal out of most but that's just the way I am. Wife and I go out to dinner every Friday night (date night) and I'll be the first to say that I'll pass on stuff for myself half the time and instead get something for my wife. Not because the money isn't there, I just don't want to spend it on myself.

I agree with adrian on this, I'd rather spend money on clothes, or entertainment, rather than food.

you're just gonna **** it out anyway.. :lol:

i take my girl out for nice dinners probably twice a month, besides that, we cook at home. Saves money and calories.

Plus I dont drink, or have friends..... :rofl:

I don't drink at all, unless I'm on vacation or celebrating something big.

Man too bad yall never had Fogo De Chao, best steaks ever. 50 dollars all you can eat premium steak. Don't think they have one in NY though

I've heard great things about Fogo De Chao. Not to sound more lame but I don't eat beef...at...all.

i think all brazilian barbeque joints are the same. fogo de chao, texas de brazil, churrascaria.

Word. They're all buns compared to a real steakhouse.

Nick & Sam's in Dallas and Vito's Chophouse in Orlando are two of the best rib-eyes I've ever had.

how much steak can anyone eat... man vs food at that point.... you referring to a churrascaria??? ... excuse me if I butchered the spelling
Churrasqueria. Whenever I'm up in north jersey I hit my favorite portuguese spot. Food is freaking unreal. And at a VERY good price point.

Some of you are really showing your age in this conversation, not saying that as an insult, but you can clearly see who is under 25.

Jameson neat or Jameson and ginger ale are my "go to" bar drinks, hard to **** up, although sometimes they put too much ginger ale.

At home or at dinner, can't go wrong with Glennfiddich, Glenlivet, Macallan, Johnny Walker... 18 and above. I've dabbled in other whiskey's and scotches.
Whats wrong with being under 25?
On the same boat. Clothing being one of them. I'm pretty frugal probably the most frugal out of most but that's just the way I am. Wife and I go out to dinner every Friday night (date night) and I'll be the first to say that I'll pass on stuff for myself half the time and instead get something for my wife. Not because the money isn't there, I just don't want to spend it on myself.
I don't drink at all, unless I'm on vacation or celebrating something big.
I've heard great things about Fogo De Chao. Not to sound more lame but I don't eat beef...at...all.
I drink with my dad and thats it.

ohhh alright, went to one before, first time I ever had rabbit, really good experience. I was young though, I got a kick of just flipping that cylinder upside down and getting more food brought to the table

Iron Man - How so? Some people may not care for scotch at all, at home I drink Henny Privy, or Remy 1738, different strokes for different folks I think, is there drink etiquette for being out to dinner and wanting a "bar drink" at the table? no sarcasm, seriously asking

The best steak I ever had was at Durant's steakhouse in AZ. It was :pimp: my friends parents took a group of us to AZ for a senior trip in HS and spoiled the hell out of us. I will never forget going there, seeing the menu and noticing that there were no prices on it :wow:

All this Peter Lugar talk, went about 5 years ago. The steaks were good, not great IMO, had the steak for four I believe but the thing that got me was the tomatoes and onions. Heard it was a must have, ordered it, and literally it was just raw tomatoes and onions for about $25.

I was confused.
Bruh you're not the only one confused :lol:
I forgot if it was at peter luger or some other steak house but i was with friends and someone just wanted water and a bottle of water was $7 :stoneface: 0]:smh:

Just called up Allen Edmonds 2nds. In addition to that amazing deal they have on the Dalton's, peeps looking for Strands or Park Avenues, they have them for $199. Great deal on 2nds. 

If u wear Custom suits and expensive clothes and u drive a wack whip and don't travel , don't eat lavishly then u look like a poser.
Poor man in rich mans clothing.

Edit: I by no means live lavishly. Humble life, just a dude Tryna make it. High aspirations.

Last edited:
Fogo de Chao is good (bacon wrapped filets :pimp:) but the Filet mignon and Cajun rib eye at Morton's are the best steaks I've ever had (medium rare of course).

Just called up Allen Edmonds 2nds. In addition to that amazing deal they have on the Dalton's, peeps looking for Strands or Park Avenues, they have them for $199. Great deal on 2nds. 

Ugh. Always wanted/needed a walnut shoe. Strands vs Park Avenues, suggestions?

If u wear Custom suits and expensive clothes and u drive a wack whip and don't travel , don't eat lavishly then u look like a poser.

Edit: I by no means live lavishly. Humble life, just a dude Tryna make it. High aspirations.

all that is subjective, though. if dude's are happy with what they have and are living within their means, aint nothing wrong about it.

i got the walnut strands last go around and have received a lot of compliments on them from colleagues and some of my peers. i work in a corporate environment FWIW.

Last edited:

Park Aves are a bit more formal. If you work in a business casual office I would get the strands. Almost ordered a pair myself earlier today. Will probably end up ordering tomorrow if they still have my size in stock :lol:

Add to it, if you dont have a huge house you are a poor man. Oh yea, you shouldnt be flying coach, only first class. This mentality is why so many people are broke.

I understand happiness is subjective . However I believe if you try and live outside your means , you get exposed quick.
High end products are mostly targeted at high end consumers . Dudes makin 40k a year taking loans out to buy bespoke suits and $800 shoes, and top notch time pieces while eating ramen and tuna and never been outside the country. Lol people like this exist. If u wanna be the dude in a $2k suit waiting at the bustop with no money to spend on lunch, and that makes u happy then by all means go fr it. I just think it's poser-ish . But it's my opnion.

Yeah I always liked the strands a bit more but wanted to see other opinions.

Just got around to taking pictures of these AEs I had for a while. Happened one drunken night, anything I can do to save them? Are they are goner?

Last edited:
For real doe, is there something wrong with taking public transportation to work? I can take that for $4 a day rather than pay for gas+$8 parking a day. Didn't think this was looked down upon I guess

For real doe, is there something wrong with taking public transportation to work? I can take that for $4 a day rather than pay for gas+$8 parking a day. Didn't think this was looked down upon I guess
Nah bruh nothing is wrong with public transportation. That expensive sneakers + bus comment is used because its an example of living above your means or just doing something that financially doesn't make sense.

But I think we are over the frugal topic.

Back
Top Bottom