Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Might pull the trigger on Beeswax Desert Boots for ~$60 on Amazon. I like the idea of getting a piece of clothing and breaking it in to your own personal body and fit (ie raw/selvedge denim). Anybody have these? How's the quality? How do they hold up? I intend to wear these almost daily and I don't want them to fall apart on me after a few months. Any alternatives in the same price range? Looking for leather btw
They'll hold up fine. I still have my pair from 3-4 years ago when $500-800 footwear was a foreign concept. You'll get good use out of them for a year or two.

Thanks for the replies guys. This is going to be a shoe to wear when wearing sneakers doesn't go well with an outfit. 

NYE outfit. I'm from San Diego so I don't usually do much layering. A little more complex than I'm used to :lol: Hope it turned out okay. Happy New Year everyone be safe!

NYE outfit. I'm from San Diego so I don't usually do much layering. A little more complex than I'm used to :lol: Hope it turned out okay. Happy New Year everyone be safe!
Interesting, a layering sweater over a chunky knit...I like! Be safe!

Are those Beckmans?

They are shaped like beckmans but they are not considered beckmans. They were exclusively produced for Brooks brothers stores only. they have a different sole and the Tumbled leather used for the actual boot is different than the leather used for Beckmans.

I'm wondering if the material from that white, top sweater will cover the dark sweater in lint. :nerd:

Christmas Eve Dinner on our cruise aboard the Disney Wonder; blurred the rest of the family since I'm not sure how cool they would be with them being online lol. Wore my 3 piece bespoke suit with a white and purple mini check shirt:

Last edited:
^The first hue looks like it's made out of heavier fabric, while the latter looks like a lightweight one suitable for the hotter months.

Sarteaga, your fits have improved drastically since you began posting. Great job man

Happy New Years fam, hope you all had a good one.

The real Thom blazers fit more aggressively than the Target model. This one barely covers half my rear. Also, an entry to the neckwear challenge.

I think desert camo will be popping this spring/summer
Honestly, if I have a Bape camo sweater that was ever so popular back in early to mid 2000s, I would rock it now.

I can definitely see avant garde brands using camo into men's wear, ie camo elbow patches on blazers.

Also, when I was at the two thrift stores I was surprised to find so many bespoke jackets. One of them had a patch that said "____ custom tailor for the modern 1970s men" or something along that line :lol:

hope everyone had a great new years. i ended up running into some friends ditching friends problems :smh: but still at least made it back home safe and sound.
here are some pics from the night:

waiting for the train

at the bar with my friend...no we did not plan on both wearing gingham :rolleyes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom