Dressing Better Vol 2.0

WELP.....looks like another $200 out the window.....
laugh.gif
wait the daltons are 200?

goddamnit..

I'm gonna be a good son, my dad helped me get this job, I'm getting him an ipad.

I ended up pulling the trigger on AE flatirons in bourbon for 150 (the factory second ones) instead of the fifth avenue ones.

I'll wait for the next sale in a few months for the daltons. I should give back to familia.

Im actually happy my work messed up payroll. Gonna be a whole months pay on one check
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Stopped by CT on my way home from work. Got measured and tried slim fit and extra slim fit

SF was a little blousey in the sleeves, and too much material around waste for me

ESF fit well, slight pull in the chest, but overall nice fitting shirt in arms, shoulders and waiste. Most shirts are in very classic colors and patterns. The non iron material also felt much nicer than BB Non iron. Still not 100% but will prob order the 4/$200 online.

Overall I'd say CT is best for fuller or athletic frames, thin guys will be baggy, like BB (although CT is considered slightly slimmer overall)

Salesmen were all personable and helpful, DC shop btw

This is supposed to be dressing better, why are you wearing trainers? The fit is perfect other than the trainers IMO. FK's don't fare well in wet weather.
correct its actually counter productive because the flyknits are what its name says....... KNITS.

unless he's actually walking in it, or jumping in puddles, not gonna be a large deal. 

I've gotta agree with the troll to some extent. Not really the best idea to wear Flyknits in wet weather, doesn't really make sense to be wearing a trench and then wearing some sneakers that are susceptible to rainy conditions.

Also neon, gold, khaki, & purple isn't exactly working and I'm not into being too matchy. I'd LOVE to see ksteezy post that one on SF. :lol:

Salesmen were all personable and helpful, DC shop btw
2 years ago, i was just starting out expanding my dress clothes and decided to try out CT also. I stopped by the location on Madison and got no help :smh:
There were a bunch of people dressed in suits and salesperson were semi busy and i guess the fact that i was in a supreme varsity and sweat pants made me look like someone who wouldnt buy anything but none of these dudes even offered to help. Had to go up and ask for help. They didn't have my size at the store but i probably wouldve bought more than any of the other dudes in there if they had my size. Ended up ordering online but cuff width are too wide for me so i just go mtm now.

I don't even have to google to know this spot is out of my price range :lol:

A you cant dress like a million bucks in canvassed suits and Bespoke joints and be chump changing it on a night out fam... :lol:

Seriously.
:lol: y'all acting like I said let's hit Mickey D's instead. The consensus in the chat is to go to China Town anyway but I still stand by it. I chose to not spend gobs of money going out to eat and such and put it towards things I want more (i.e. my canvassed suits). Why is it bad that I put my funds to what I want?

If you got the dough and are willing to drop $50-100 on a steak then by all means brothers. Proceed

:lol: y'all acting like I said let's hit Mickey D's instead. The consensus in the chat is to go to China Town anyway but I still stand by it. I chose to not spend gobs of money going out to eat and such and put it towards things I want more (i.e. my canvassed suits). Why is it bad that I put my funds to what I want?

If you got the dough and are willing to drop $50-100 on a steak then by all means brothers. Proceed
I'm down for dim sum.

Wis, you see what I mean when I say I have the hardest time fitting into suit jackets. :lol:

There will never not be bunching, unless i go full bespoke.

laugh.gif
y'all acting like I said let's hit Mickey D's instead. The consensus in the chat is to go to China Town anyway but I still stand by it. I chose to not spend gobs of money going out to eat and such and put it towards things I want more (i.e. my canvassed suits). Why is it bad that I put my funds to what I want?

Bro its a one time meet up for some grub with your DB fam, a 45 dollar steak is not that much man. You supposed to be dressing better and behaving in such manner. What good is your Allen Edmonds and canvassed suits if you don't expand your dining outside of Cheesecake Factory or Ruby Tuesday?

That probably means you won't be buying drinks either lol

Last edited:

Bro its a one time meet up for some grub with your DB fam, a 45 dollar steak is not that much man. You supposed to be dressing better and behaving in such manner. What good is your Allen Edmonds and canvassed suits if you don't expand your dining outside of Cheesecake Factory or Ruby Tuesday?

That probably means you won't be buying drinks either lol
LMFAO. When the hell did I say any of those places fella? :lol:
I'll spend what I need to spend but again, I'd rather not go to a steak house where I know my bill would be closer to $100. This idea that I'm spending X amount of money on clothes so I should be spending Y amount on food is ridiculous. Stop counting another man's pockets. My money is budgeted for me. You do you.

I'm not gonna count your dollars broski, but is similar to dudes rocking 700$ kicks and waiting at the bus stop...nah mean?...you look good in nice suits, go out and done fancy too...btw ain't nobody dropping 100$ on a steak, chill bros....lol

Picked up this W+H cashmere knit on the weekend. I try not to pay retail for clothing but sometimes you try something on and you have to have it. The feeling of the cashmere against your skin is :smokin

LMFAO. When the hell did I say any of those places fella?
laugh.gif

I'll spend what I need to spend but again, I'd rather not go to a steak house where I know my bill would be closer to $100. This idea that I'm spending X amount of money on clothes so I should be spending Y amount on food is ridiculous. Stop counting another man's pockets. My money is budgeted for me. You do you.
LOL I used them as examples fella. BTW nobody said your bill would total 100 dollars. Like Steezy said, its like the guy with gucci sneakers who waits at the bus stop or never has gas for his car.

I mean if your clothing isn't matching your lifestyle, then whats the point?

Last edited:
China town... one of my favorite restaurants is there, Peking Duck house, food is great, you get served family style, duck is good as hell and the best part.... its BYOB, can't beat that with a stick.

I'll preface this by saying that I think Dahuhuhyah is a troll, but he does have a point. If you're spending this much on clothing but you can't swing a $100 meal (especially for an "occasion" like this), then something is amiss.

I used to be like you guys as well and want to allocate my money towards material stuff, but as you get older you realize that money should be going towards experiences rather than "stuff".

Not to mention, who doesn't like a nice steak?

I easily would rather spend 99% of my spending money on clothes, shoes, etc. rather than food. I will buy what I need in most other aspects of my life in order to buy stuff that I want. I totally agree with Adrian. Why not let him ball on clothes and be frugal when it comes to food/drinks?

Just cause I'd rather not spend my money on food, doesn't mean that I couldn't afford it.

Last edited:
Wis, you see what I mean when I say I have the hardest time fitting into suit jackets. :lol:

There will never not be bunching, unless i go full bespoke.
I got you, man. Under armour suit :pimp: it's just a suit that I made into vest and sewn compression sleeves on :pimp:

LMFAO. When the hell did I say any of those places fella? :lol:

LOL I used them as examples fella. BTW nobody said your bill would total 100 dollars. Like Steezy said, its like the guy with gucci sneakers who waits at the bus stop or never has gas for his car.
That's what budgeting means. I opt out of expensive dinners so I can fill my car up and wear my suits. Understandable that it's for the DB whatever whatever so exceptions can be made but as an accountant, I still have numbers floating in the back of my head.

Like I said though, y'all proceed with your lives.

I easily would rather spend 99% of my money on clothes, shoes, etc. rather than food. I will buy what I need in most other aspects of my life in order to buy stuff that I want. I totally agree with Adrian. Why not let him ball on clothes and be frugal when it comes to food/drinks?
Yeah. We have our own things to spend money on. I rarely drink so I no longer spend money on that. I still go out to eat on weekends but nothing crazy for the most part. The last time I did $100 per person was for the ex girlfriend's bday.

You can still find good food for not too much money though.

I'll preface this by saying that I think Dahuhuhyah is a troll, but he does have a point. If you're spending this much on clothing but you can't swing a $100 meal (especially for an "occasion" like this), then something is amiss.

I used to be like you guys as well and want to allocate my money towards material stuff, but as you get older you realize that money should be going towards experiences rather than "stuff".

Not to mention, who doesn't like a nice steak?
Besides you trolling by calling me a troll, your are correct in the aspect of not thinking on it as spending money on the food, but more so for the experience. 50 dollars for a steak is not that much(plus its probably gonna taste AWESOME) and you'll probably be chilling with some cool people.

I remember Tombz saying on here he used to starve himself just so he'd have enough for sneakers and it was borderline disturbing.

But if frugal is how it will be.... then it will be.

I agree with adrian on this, I'd rather spend money on clothes, or entertainment, rather than food.

you're just gonna **** it out anyway..
laugh.gif

i take my girl out for nice dinners probably twice a month, besides that, we cook at home. Saves money and calories.

Plus I dont drink, or have friends.....
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom