Drew Gooden- 31 pts & 16 reb...

alien.gif

Where was this the last three years?
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280325004
CHICAGO (AP) -- Drew Gooden gave the Chicago Bulls a big lift offensively and they held on Tuesday night, avoiding another fourth-quarter meltdown.
Gooden hit his first five shots and finished with a season-high 31 points while matching a season best with 16 rebounds in the Bulls' 103-94 victory over the Atlanta Hawks. It was his best performance since joining the Bulls in a trade from Cleveland a month ago."I've been feeling good as of late, comfortable in the offense and getting my shot in rhythm, whereas when I first got here I couldn't knock down the outside shot for nothing because I didn't know when it was coming," Gooden said."I'm confident. I feel every time I shoot, it's going to go in and tonight it just happened to go in."

^^^ I was gonna say the same thing --- I just dont think he liked Lebron (especially since he told DeShawn Lebron was running his mouth)

Originally Posted by J0E HUSTLE

alien.gif

Where was this the last three years?
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280325004
CHICAGO (AP) -- Drew Gooden gave the Chicago Bulls a big lift offensively and they held on Tuesday night, avoiding another fourth-quarter meltdown.
Gooden hit his first five shots and finished with a season-high 31 points while matching a season best with 16 rebounds in the Bulls' 103-94 victory over the Atlanta Hawks. It was his best performance since joining the Bulls in a trade from Cleveland a month ago."I've been feeling good as of late, comfortable in the offense and getting my shot in rhythm, whereas when I first got here I couldn't knock down the outside shot for nothing because I didn't know when it was coming," Gooden said."I'm confident. I feel every time I shoot, it's going to go in and tonight it just happened to go in."

Oh it was here in Cleveland... followed by five or six games of 7pts 6 rebounds..
The guy is a bum....
Glad he is gone...
He could never replace C. Boozer....

period

Chi-Town... his career average is 14 and 11.... get used to NOT seeing 31-16 from him....

Lebron is terrible teammate....until he learns to support his teammate i never see him winning a championship.

Since his college days and Orlando days, this guy has shown he can ball. He has some sick post moves, a nice mid-range shot, and is pretty much a lock for 10+boards a game. I really wanted the Kings to trade Bibby or Artest for him. That would have been better for the Cavs too. But I won't be surprised if hekeeps this up and even becomes a 20-10 guy in Chicago in the next year or so. I've been drafting him for fantasy ball for 3 years now.

I watched the game last night. Two words: Al Horford.

Horford couldn't deny Gooden position. He couldn't keep up with him when Gooden used the face up game. He couldn't box out Gooden.
http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow.cgi?date=20080325&game=ATLCHI

The basic strategy was that as soon as Horford was inserted into the game Gooden would enter right away and start attacking him. Horford is still a rookie andwere at the regular season interval of games 60-70. This is where a lot of rookies drop off, start getting tired, don't follow through on shots, try andcheat for space to get boards, and pick up more fouls.

It's also tough on Horford when the Hawks lineup of C-Horford, PF-Josh Smith, SF-Marvin Williams, SG-Joe Johnson, and PG-Bibby. Smith isn't a PF. Hecan't really guard players on the low block. He's better at defending the wing players and then cheating down for help defense to come with blocks andboards. It puts an immense amount of pressure on Horford to protect the paint alone.

Originally Posted by lakerz4sho

i thought lebron made everybody better?

laugh.gif
Right...funny how I'm starting to hear more and more rumblingsabout Bron being a detriment to other players.

its one game so every one calm down...i seen gooden do this before, he occasionally has these outbursts, his inconsistancy is the problem...and lebron doesmake his teammates better, y is everyone bashing lebron cuz drew gooden went off and had one good game, he occasionally had a good game with the cavs too,lebron had no part in this game whatsoever, so y all the hate after he has this game

lebrons presence on the court automatically makes his teammates better...but does he really physically make his teammates better?...ask greg popovich
laugh.gif

Date Opponent Result MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OFF DEF REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
Mar 21 vs. TOR W 90 - 83 20 0 - 0 0 - 0 1 - 2 3 3 6 0 1 1 0 2 1
Mar 19 vs. DET W 89 - 73 32 1 - 4 0 - 0 0 - 0 2 6 8 4 1 2 0 1 2
Mar 17 @ ORL L 90 - 104 23 1 - 1 0 - 0 0 - 0 0 4 4 0 0 1 0 3 2

It's a shame that we traded this for Drew.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

pimp.gif

When was the last time Wallets even sniffed at stats like that since arriving in Cleveland?

laugh.gif
Yeah I hope Dru continues to put up numbers like this in May.

Oh wait....

Meh, if you're a decent player and you come to a team without a go-to guy, your numbers will increase..

Mike James averaged 20 points a couple of years ago in Toronto. Then he came to Minnesota and got just over 10ppg. If we were going by the logic displayed inthis thread, it would be like Kevin Garnett made him a worse player. The same with Al Jefferson this year.

Well I'd like to revisit this thread and post that Gooden only had 2 points.. TWO... I mean Reggie Evans had more..

I guess some Cavs fans were right about his inconsistency.

Originally Posted by lakerz4sho

i thought lebron made everybody better?

Surely you gest. I mean he's Lebron, everyone gets their touches and burn with Lebron. He's such a great teammate, never throws his teammatesunder the bus, doesn't run the ball down from his point guards during the game. He's great. He makes them all great.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom