DS Air Jordan 9 IX 2002 Retro Good for Ballin'?

NT, I need help.

My friend is selling his DS AJ IX Cool Grey and DS AJ IX Black/White-True Red 2002 Retros (not CDP) and both are my size for a retail price.

I would like to seek help from those who owned these shoes, used them, balled in them and hopefully, can give me helpful feedback.
I ball almost every weekend and I'm planning to cop either/or both but I'm scared if they will break if I play on them.
Would you recommend me to play on them? (indoor wooden court). If not, can I use them for casual wear?
If you advised me to use them casually, will the sole sidewall paint chip or crack?
Any other 'symptoms' that I must know if I use them?

Help is def appreciated.

Thanks Y'all...

buy some hyperdunks or somethin with better technology then retros that are made for casual wear . i would not wear those for ballin unless i ( well i am ) wasstupid ballin . there are far better shoes for playing basket ball then these . i would stunt on a whole lotta folks before i would ball in em .

Yeah... I got some HD's for ballin' as well but it's different when you ball on AJ's...

Anyway, how bout if I use it for casual wear? Will they break? Cracked/Chipping paint?

Thanks for the response...

sup bro. those were good to hoop in. i have fond memories of runs in LA with my cool grays.
smokin.gif

the cushioning is really firm and solid, not really a bouncy feel. but i play forward, not really a high flyer.

at the time, q-rich was on the clips with his white/red patents. those were gangsta.

^^ Thanks man...

So if in any case I really can't use them for ballin', any chance they will break? Cracked/Chipping paint when used casually only?

Yes, eventually the black (Black/White pair) on the outter will start to crack the more you hoop in them. I played college ball in mine. But, if that is allyou want them for then go for it but be warned that there are a lot more better options to hoop in than these. I say hoop your least favorite pair and justwear the other.

^^ Great suggestion sosmoove.

So I guess I won't have to ball with them.

For casual wear, any chance they will break? Cracked/Chipping paint?

i balled in 9's when they first came out and they were great. im sure they'll hold up well.

Paint on midsole is likely to flake even if you just wear them casually.

Cushioning is hard. Borderline non existent at the forefoot.

Leather creases easily and badly.

Upside is that the combination of the inner bootie and quick lacking system provides a snug fit, and good support.

They're better suited for casual wear, and even then it's light casual wear.

Originally Posted by foshizzles

Yeah... I got some HD's for ballin' as well but it's different when you ball on AJ's...

Anyway, how bout if I use it for casual wear? Will they break? Cracked/Chipping paint?

Thanks for the response...
i think they will crack still, the paint job is not that great, i have no complains though since i use mine for playing basketball anyway

dude, i think they'll be fine.

in 2002, jordan brand still used good materials.

also like.. it's not like you're going to ball them hard every day, diba? one or two good runs won't hurt. good enough for mike, good enough forme.

All of the responses helped me out.
I know I can always rely on NT.

Props to all who took their time checking this...

i think they should be good to ball in...like my man abouve you said,

they still used good material that year so you dont have to worry about your shoes fallin apart.

The paint will crack on the sides, but the shoe itself will hold. I still wear my white and black pair daily and they're fine.

Back
Top Bottom