DUNE (new film incoming, love the book, also loved the multiple Lynch versions)

dune-jason-momoa-1.jpg

Jason Mamoa as Duncan

dune-josh-brolin-768x1075.jpg

Josh Brolin as Gurney

dune-timothee-chalamet-rebecca-ferguson-1536x1024.jpg

Timothée Chalamet as Paul and Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica Atreides

s-l400.jpg

David Lynch Version

oop2a.jpg

While it has it's issues I highly recommend the 3 hour extended fan cut, it has a lengthy introduction missing from the theatrical that explains the houses in full

This new movie looks to be epic.

Director of The Arrival Denis Villeneuve is helming

I am excite

Hyped for this -- just read up on all the characters
Denis has a great track record + this cast is stacked

The issue is release date -- this should be seen in theaters like Nolan's stuff

Looks like.....Dune. I’ll check it out on the strength of the OG.

From what I've seen this movie has box office flop vibes all over. So many movies with grand ideas and huge budgets fail.
Dune is not an ip people really care or know about, especially younger people.

From what I've seen this movie has box office flop vibes all over. So many movies with grand ideas and huge budgets fail.
Dune is not an ip people really care or know about, especially younger people.
The miniseries seemed to do well when it aired.

Ive been wanting a remake for a long time. I wish Jordorowsky was allowed to make his

Damn, this brings back memories. Used to LOVE the old school Dune computer game. Will check this out for sure.

This guy’s Tube channel is like a Masterclass on the Dune universe. Does a great job explaining all aspects of the Story. Don’t need to watch every single vid, but nicely separated into topics of interest. Pick and Choose. Bit nerdy, but Epic.

Dune 2020 vids playlist.

Background info for Original novels playlist.

The two SciFi Channel mini series back in the day brought me back and that lead getting into Brian Herbert (son) and Kevin J. Anderson’s new novels. Probably an easier to get into read.

New books

I finally watched the original movie on HBO and it was weird. Not sure if I liked it or not.

I finally watched the original movie on HBO and it was weird. Not sure if I liked it or not.

Original 1984 movie has outdated style most people are not used to these days. Much prefer the 3 part 2000 tv mini series and the 2003 sequel. See the vids below. Not bad.

2000 complete.

2000 part 1-3

In case above vids don’t work

2000 part 1

2000 part 2

Couldn’t find 2003 sequel but good review here.

For a movie that almost 40 years old, yes, the STORY holds up. If you’re the type that can’t get over old school special effects, don’t do it.

Back
Top Bottom