Durant as good--or better?!?!--than...

laugh.gif

KD is a shooting guard with a height of a power forward. Once he bulked up, add some lower body strength and develop somewhat of a post game. It's done ,he will be a force to be reckon with. You don't see a lot of 6'9 player with finesses basketball style and can shoot. He got a bright future ahead ofhim.

Season Age Tm Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2004-05 20 CLE NBA 80 80 42.4 9.9 21.1 .472 1.4 3.9 .351 6.0 8.0 .750 1.4 6.0 7.4 7.2 2.2 0.7 3.3 1.8 27.2
2008-09 20 OKC NBA 74 74 39.0 8.9 18.8 .476 1.3 3.1 .422 6.1 7.1 .863 1.0 5.5 6.5 2.8 1.3 0.7 3.0 1.8 25.3 I have already said LeBron is a better passer andbetter slasher (due to pure athleticism). There is no question about that. But in regards to every other skill in basketball, KD is comparable to LeBron duringtheir 2nd years.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Season Age Tm Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2004-05 20 CLE NBA 80 80 42.4 9.9 21.1 .472 1.4 3.9 .351 6.0 8.0 .750 1.4 6.0 7.4 7.2 2.2 0.7 3.3 1.8 27.2
2008-09 20 OKC NBA 74 74 39.0 8.9 18.8 .476 1.3 3.1 .422 6.1 7.1 .863 1.0 5.5 6.5 2.8 1.3 0.7 3.0 1.8 25.3 I have already said LeBron is a better passer and better slasher (due to pure athleticism). There is no question about that. But in regards to every other skill in basketball, KD is comparable to LeBron during their 2nd years.
They really aren't. Their games are nothing a like, at all. Not to mention LeBron is just flat our better...

I don't like Lebron but hell nah. LeConfiscate is a freak on the court. Until he loses his jumping ability and his freak size( no marvin the martian) Icannot agree to this.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

So, if OJ ends up averaging between 22-25ppg, 4-5apg, 3-4rpg next season and his team wins more games than Durant's Thunder, then what happens?
nerd.gif

Because, its very possible.

Of course OJ isn't going to have that dominant effect due to his height and wingspan compared to KD, but I was just asking if OJ has a sophmore year similar to Durant's then what will people say.
Listen...OJ Mayo is not...and never has been better than Kevin Durant...nor will he be. That's pretty much all there is to it. I don't care if Memphis makes the playoffs and OKC goes 0-82. KD is better than him...or anyone on that team for that matter.

ixyq0w.jpg

laugh.gif
(got to insert that, before people go crazy)

Wasn't Rudy like Durant's mentor or something? I don't know much about their relationship, but I know they were really close and Durant looked upto him kinda like how Rudy looked up to Melo'.

to MayhemMonkey- I know LeBron is better. But the poster I was referring to you is calling people idiots, KD definitely has a chance to be the best scorer ofthis generation. Why is it inconceivable that he could improve his defense (with his length) and become great on that end too? Again, LeBron is better.However, it is not stupid to believe that these two players could be going head to head for MVP for years to come. And the difference is not immense.

Alex English Year 2

1977-78 24 MIL NBA 82 18.9 4.2 7.7 .542 1.3 1.7 .727 1.8 3.1 4.8 1.6 0.5 0.7 1.7 2.2 9.6 Also, English' later stats are inflated by the fast paced stylethe Nuggets played. Avg around 120ppg for many seasons.

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

^says a member of Team DragonBall-Z...
Liking a tv show makes someone an idiot?
eyes.gif

comparing two basketball players with similar stats in their 2nd years does then?
Uhm what? The idiot comment wasn't even directed towards you.
eyes.gif

^^^^^calm down people just let time pass and find out who really turns out to be the better player and then come back to this post and flame on eachother.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Of course he isn't better than Lebron.

Lebron from a physical and athletic standpoint alone cannot be matched by anyone.

However, from a skill set standpoint? KD certainly can be better than LeBron in the near future.

I still trying to figure out why people think Durant's skill set is so much better then LeBron's... There is more to a skill set then shooting...LeBron gets to the basket better, he's a better much passer, he's a much better defender on and off the ball, he has much better handles. The onlything I would give Durant is footwork and shooting ability.
I know LeBron is better. But the poster I was referring to you is calling people idiots, KD definitely has a chance to be the best scorer of this generation. Why is it inconceivable that he could improve his defense (with his length) and become great on that end too? Again, LeBron is better. However, it is not stupid to believe that these two players could be going head to head for MVP for years to come. And the difference is not immense.
The problem I have with his is you can say that about pretty much everyone. If <Player A> gets <Skill> he'll be better then<Player B>. It's all what if's. And I really don't see Durant being a much better defender. Yes he has great length but his frame doesn'tlook like it's gonna pack on much weight. Other players can just bully him if they wanted.

And I'm really liking that Alex English comparison. Both lengthy smooth players on the offensive end. I don't see Iceman that much for the reason thathe wasn't much of an outside threat.

KD is great player, and the thing I like about him is his attitude, his work ethic, and he's humble.

He's not on LeBron's level yet, but he will be. KD has to be on the USA team in 2012.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Im Not You wrote:

bhzmafia14 wrote:

So, if OJ ends up averaging between 22-25ppg, 4-5apg, 3-4rpg next season and his team wins more games than Durant's Thunder, then what happens?
nerd.gif

Because, its very possible.

Of course OJ isn't going to have that dominant effect due to his height and wingspan compared to KD, but I was just asking if OJ has a sophmore year similar to Durant's then what will people say.
Listen...OJ Mayo is not...and never has been better than Kevin Durant...nor will he be. That's pretty much all there is to it. I don't care if Memphis makes the playoffs and OKC goes 0-82. KD is better than him...or anyone on that team for that matter.

ixyq0w.jpg

laugh.gif
(got to insert that, before people go crazy)

Wasn't Rudy like Durant's mentor or something? I don't know much about their relationship, but I know they were really close and Durant looked up to him kinda like how Rudy looked up to Melo'.

KD >>>>>>> grizzlies.

Do people actually believe what they're saying at times with the whole "LeBron is not skilled, he's only athletic" argument?

^says a member of Team DragonBall-Z...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom