Li-Ning Thread

Looks like many of the sneaker blogs are now reporting this as official thanks to an Evan Turner Tweet:

”I'd like to welcome the homie D Wade to the Li-Ning family!!!”

Last edited:
Man...I'm really disappointed that he's leaving (in some sense). I really think he was a great representation of Jordan Brand but his shoes aesthetically just sucked. Performance-wise they were great. I don't know if he didn't put enough input into the shoe or what it was, but they just could not get the job done. Jordan brand should have left him as the "heir" to wearing the AJ signature line and only allowed him to wear it. As you all mentioned before, I have no idea who's going to wear the AJ line anymore (or who is going to be a representative).

that sucks, he didnt wear enough retros anyways for someone carrying the brand

I think the key factor was him wearing the AJ Line, not even necessarily wearing the retros. NO ONE was wearing the AJ 2012's and that's supposed to be the top-tier model for the year. I thought he was the perfect representative for JB.

what is a jb sig shoe if it isn't being worn in an nba game?

wait, ray rocked a sweet white/green 2012 pe.

Last edited:
I think it's awkward, you can't really be branded as an athlete on Jordan brand... because the brand doesn't focus on you, it focuses on JORDAN. Jordan is an icon, but a very recent one, therefore his legacy is still fresh. Trying to call a shoe the Air Jordan Melo or Jordan Fly Wade or Jordan CP3, it's just strange. Nike is much better about branding it's athletes, because they create their own thing instead of having to live up to other expectations. 

Wonder what his "stylist" will do with Li-nings in the rotation instead of retros for casual wear.
One of the most ridiculous dressers in the league won't have retros to save (but not really) his outfit.

I would think when hes out he wears whatever he wants. Li ning makes some of the ugliest shoes ive ever seen. I mean how much money could the possibly be giving him. Why would you wanan leave JB

they did alright, but no where near what KD, bron, jordan, Kobe, penny did. Guards/Forwards tend to sell the best.

Ewing and shaq were no where near what these guys sell.Lebron has colorways that prob sell more pairs than ewings entire Hi line

His sigs were always straight trash :smh: ..I guess he'll continue to follow this trend of garbage with this move.

glad he left, this gives him a chance for a better fresh start (hopefully), li-ning got one of the best player in the league, they better take this opportunity and design some crazy shoes. Excited to see what they'll cook up for him.

Its gotta be about the money, cause I mean really.............Im ready to see what they come up with... this is baffling me

Back
Top Bottom