Li-Ning Thread

jhawk826

Banned
Hearing from several people that Dwyane Wade will likely leave Jordan Brand and sign with Li-Ning. Huge shift.
— Nick DePaula (@_NDP) August 17, 2012
What do you guys think about this rumored move? Personally, I don't see it as a big deal and definitely not a "huge shift". Starbury had a bigger imprint in the United States than Li-Ning could ever dream of. They haven't been able to make waves in the States and won't with a guy that has been somewhat hard to market as the face of a brand since joining JB. This is a move for his pockets and his pockets alone as it is with most American athletes who go with Chinese brands during the decline of their career.

Last edited by a moderator:
His sig shoe is ugly, and they are gonna continue to make it ugly. The looks cant get much worse.

His sig shoe is ugly, and they are gonna continue to make it ugly. The looks cant get much worse.

QFT. This is a lateral move at best as far as his sneakers designs go. Nike/JB weren't doing him any favours with their Team Jordan (outlet fodder) kicks.

Off topic but Wade can definitely improve his 'brand' in the Far East which could do wonders for his post-NBA career.

Last edited:
shoes look really long, almost clownlike on his feet. not good when marketing them.
i remember him debuting the welcome home 2010s... not a good look.

Good move for both parties. Wade shoes can't look any worse, and JB has one less hideous shoe to produce.

Miss the old days when JB athletes wore PE retros and Team J's. They try to hard to make sig shoes for Melo / CP3, and the result is always horrendous.

Last edited:
Wonder what his "stylist" will do with Li-nings in the rotation instead of retros for casual wear.

One of the most ridiculous dressers in the league won't have retros to save (but not really) his outfit.

I was wondering was there gonna be a wade 3 but this dosent look good, bad enough seeing the designs coming from JB of late but Li Ning :smh:

After Kobe, D. Wade is the next player I enjoy watching the most. With that said, I have always said this and will say it again. If D. Wade had just signed with Nike (not JB), he would have sold out many shoes (funny thing eventhough he is second on my list, I am glad he didn't sign with Nike, to save my pockets, LOL)! Thing is even though JB has superstar caliber players on their roster, do to Jordan retros and flagship models being the focus for the brand and consumers, these players will always fall second to Jordan retros and flagship models. Bottomline D. Wade needs a Nike sig period.

Jordan sigs are terrible so id leave JB too if they made trash for me.

I think it's awkward, you can't really be branded as an athlete on Jordan brand... because the brand doesn't focus on you, it focuses on JORDAN. Jordan is an icon, but a very recent one, therefore his legacy is still fresh. Trying to call a shoe the Air Jordan Melo or Jordan Fly Wade or Jordan CP3, it's just strange. Nike is much better about branding it's athletes, because they create their own thing instead of having to live up to other expectations. 

^^^

Well said! 'Nike' is identifiable through many different athletes, however 'Jordan' is identifiable only through MJ himself. In essense all the sigs (CP3, Melo, Wade) are merely team shoes.

It is a lateral move. Only loss on his part is less access to retros when he's not on the court, but I'm sure he doesn't care about that. No huge shift here.

mean.gif

I was actually looking foward to Fly Wade 3. I'm a fan of the Fly Wade 2 and 2 EV. Lunarlon was great on court. But yes I agree, had he gone to Nike instead he probably would got a better sig line.

Nike sigs>JB "sigs"

Right now he's the face of JB. If they want to continue moving forward with their performance line, they need to make sure he stays.  His sig line needs a complete retooling and some new designers.

He could probably make a lot of money in China if thats what he's about and no hate but if he stays with JB just let him wear the 2013's and retro PE's in Miami CW's. Always loved seeing his PE's :pimp:...JB sig shoes honestly suck. Actually wouldn't mind seeing him in some Nike Sig's as well

If he signs with Li-Ning I can see him having a Kevin Love/Steve Nash type deal where he's allowed to wear other brands. I mean every off-court pic of D-Wade I see he's always wearing some custom or limited J's and I'm sure he doesn't have to. Should be interesting to see what happens with him.

Right now he's the face of JB. If they want to continue moving forward with their performance line, they need to make sure he stays.  His sig line needs a complete retooling and some new designers.

Aesthetically...absolutely. To be honest, the Jordan Fly Wade 2 is one of the BEST shoes I've ever worn on the basketball court. They are fantastic basketball shoes, probably one of my favorites of all time. But they do need to step it up and couple performance with craftsmanship and good looks. He's a great athlete and he deserves better.

Back
Top Bottom