E3 Thread of confusion, rage, and other stuff.

Originally Posted by ddouble

Originally Posted by quiickz

I don't know how you guys are disappointed with the Wii U. Like i tweeted earlier, Nintendo just delivered everything the community asked for.
1080P HD? Check.
3rd Party Support? Check.
Innovation? CHECK.

You guys talk about how the Wii is super casual but it also catered to the Super-Hardcore Retro gamers with games like Super Mario Bros. Wii and plenty of great 1st party Nintendo games. The CoD games with exception of MW2 came out on the Wii and DS, what makes you think that it won't be on the Wii 2? Nintendo hit it out the park today.
I think the problem is that yea they have third party support and full HD but that just means they built a current gen console. It's like they just caught up and until they show us details about their online system and how powerful the console is by showing us it's exclusives then it's just mediocre.
I think people were expecting a console that shows that it's 5/6 years newer than the PS3/360.

As for the controller, it depends on the person. It's innovative yes, but playing certain games on it could be a problem. Can you imagine playing marvel or Street fighter on it. I need to hear more but i'm already dissapointed that you have to use it in the same room as the console.
Using the controller would be the same as the DS.

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Nintendo does have Ghost Recon and the developers of BioShock doing stuff.  That gave us a little bit of optimism.  Nintendo's major problem has always been the lack of 3rd party titles that serious gamers want.  Why they continue that trend, I don't know.  I have great memories of playing the N64.  That was a long time ago and the gamecube and wii have been disappointments as far as gameplay enjoyment.
Funny that you mention this trend of lack of 3rd party support and then right talk about the great memories you have with the 64. That system probably had the worst 3rd party support of any Nintendo household console.
They had Golden Eye and Perfect Dark which were 3rd party and probably the best 1st person shooters out at the time.  They had amazing games for it like Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64, Mario Party, Mario Kart & Super Smash.  But times are different now.  We're older and want more mature styled games.  The wii hasn't given us that.  Their 1st party games for those systems haven't even been memorable and just seem like recycled games from the 64.
Rare made GoldenEye and Perfect Dark (along with Conker's Bad Fur Day). Rare was a second party developer for Nintendo, and Nintendo was known for being very hands on with the developer.

Still no strong, consistent third party support for the 64.

Nintendo does have Ghost Recon and the developers of BioShock doing stuff.  That gave us a little bit of optimism.  Nintendo's major problem has always been the lack of 3rd party titles that serious gamers want.  Why they continue that trend, I don't know.  I have great memories of playing the N64.  That was a long time ago and the gamecube and wii have been disappointments as far as gameplay enjoyment.
Funny that you mention this trend of lack of 3rd party support and then right talk about the great memories you have with the 64. That system probably had the worst 3rd party support of any Nintendo household console.
They had Golden Eye and Perfect Dark which were 3rd party and probably the best 1st person shooters out at the time.  They had amazing games for it like Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64, Mario Party, Mario Kart & Super Smash.  But times are different now.  We're older and want more mature styled games.  The wii hasn't given us that.  Their 1st party games for those systems haven't even been memorable and just seem like recycled games from the 64.
Rare made GoldenEye and Perfect Dark (along with Conker's Bad Fur Day). Rare was a second party developer for Nintendo, and Nintendo was known for being very hands on with the developer.

Anybody else worried that the Street Fighter x Tekken for the Vita might get canned?

It look really choppy when being displayed....
frown.gif

Anybody else worried that the Street Fighter x Tekken for the Vita might get canned?

frown.gif

Well, the point I was trying to make was their first party games were great for the 64, but there's so much more out there now.  Amazing franchises that are on 360 & PS3.  It would be great if the same titles are going to be available on the new console.  None of us want the limited variety that the wii had.  The only game from them that I look out for is Zelda.  Mario, Kirby, Pokemon aren't games that i'm interested in.

Well, the point I was trying to make was their first party games were great for the 64, but there's so much more out there now.  Amazing franchises that are on 360 & PS3.  It would be great if the same titles are going to be available on the new console.  None of us want the limited variety that the wii had.  The only game from them that I look out for is Zelda.  Mario, Kirby, Pokemon aren't games that i'm interested in.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

frown.gif
IT's not the final build thats why, there's nothing to be worried about.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

frown.gif
IT's not the final build thats why, there's nothing to be worried about.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Will we ever get a new GTA?
frown.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]yea man, rockstar never cares about e3... they march to their own beat. it'll drop, no worries.[/color]

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Will we ever get a new GTA?
frown.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]yea man, rockstar never cares about e3... they march to their own beat. it'll drop, no worries.[/color]

Jetpac always has the wrong facts and dumbest opinions. How can you lose the console race but sell more than your comp COMBINED and you don't even consider them competition...When Nintendo was really last place in the console race during the N64 to Gamecube era you could've !@%%@@! on them all day but now they have more money to make whatever they want...If you play own a Nintendo console for the third party games are you DOING IT WRONG. You get it for the 1st party ones which are THE BEST. It's not even a question.

Jetpac always has the wrong facts and dumbest opinions. How can you lose the console race but sell more than your comp COMBINED and you don't even consider them competition...When Nintendo was really last place in the console race during the N64 to Gamecube era you could've !@%%@@! on them all day but now they have more money to make whatever they want...If you play own a Nintendo console for the third party games are you DOING IT WRONG. You get it for the 1st party ones which are THE BEST. It's not even a question.

Here are some pics I took outside E3 on my way home today. 
happy.gif

Spoiler [+]
2w5odw0.jpg

good food
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

w7fb8.jpg

2qvqi2w.jpg

xavz7n.jpg

ax0b38.jpg

1zzmll.jpg

14vipuw.jpg

2rpa0ba.jpg

2gydool.jpg

35ivihv.jpg

devil.gif
pimp.gif

b3vb6t.jpg

devil.gif
pimp.gif

Also, on my way home today, I didn't realize that I was on the same bus as some of the developers for Naughty Dog until my friend pointed out that they were all wearing Uncharted 3 shirts.
laugh.gif

It was cool talking to them about UC3 and the things that they are putting in it, such as how the special skins system is gonna work.
pimp.gif

I also managed to talk to some Devs for Insomniac and Capcom.
pimp.gif

Here are some pics I took outside E3 on my way home today. 
happy.gif

Spoiler [+]
2w5odw0.jpg

good food
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

w7fb8.jpg

2qvqi2w.jpg

xavz7n.jpg

ax0b38.jpg

1zzmll.jpg

14vipuw.jpg

2rpa0ba.jpg

2gydool.jpg

35ivihv.jpg

devil.gif
pimp.gif

b3vb6t.jpg

devil.gif
pimp.gif

Also, on my way home today, I didn't realize that I was on the same bus as some of the developers for Naughty Dog until my friend pointed out that they were all wearing Uncharted 3 shirts.
laugh.gif

It was cool talking to them about UC3 and the things that they are putting in it, such as how the special skins system is gonna work.
pimp.gif

I also managed to talk to some Devs for Insomniac and Capcom.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bob Lobblaw

if you missed the bf3 at e3 live stream, they showed over 15 minutes of similar footage.
That Razer Black Widow Ultimate Keyboard
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bob Lobblaw

if you missed the bf3 at e3 live stream, they showed over 15 minutes of similar footage.
That Razer Black Widow Ultimate Keyboard
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom