eBay question Vol: Flaking

Quick question for all you eBay connoisseurs, someone bought a pair of shoes from me that has zero feedback. Clearly this it is this person's first time using eBay. They send me a message asking me what time they have to pay, I send them a message back yesterday telling them that they need to pay by 11:30 pm est today.

So, no money.

Opened an unpaid claim and keeping it moving.

Anyway if I relist the shoes, and someone else buy's them, and the original flaker somehow pays, what do I do?

You don't re-list the shoes until the case is closed. You can close the case in 7 days from the day/time you opened it if the buyer doesn't respond.

You don't re-list the shoes until the case is closed. You can close the case in 7 days from the day/time you opened it if the buyer doesn't respond.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if I did?

Last edited:
That's a good question which I don't have the answer to, but I would like to know the answer to that also. :nerd:

Last edited:
BIN w/ immediate payment required.  Problem solved.  

This. Especially on an item like sneakers where the main age group buying them for the most part has little sense of responsibility and accountability. Its another topic in itself but most the other stuff I've sold via auction I don't have many flakers. Let me sell a pair of sneakers and I get the worst of the worst when it comes to buyers. Sneaker wise bin immediate payment required is the only way to go.

BIN w/ immediate payment required.  Problem solved.  

This. Especially on an item like sneakers where the main age group buying them for the most part has little sense of responsibility and accountability. Its another topic in itself but most the other stuff I've sold via auction I don't have many flakers. Let me sell a pair of sneakers and I get the worst of the worst when it comes to buyers. Sneaker wise bin immediate payment required is the only way to go.
what you selling

Yeah same, sneakers I get some flakers but this time I just want out ASAP lol, and when I sell electronics or whatever it get's paid asap.

Didn't even know you could automatically do Immediate payment, will look into it.

Thanks eerrrryone.

Just refund the flaker his money back. Only problem is Ebay will charge you seller fee's for both auctions.
you can show proof to ebay that you refunded the money and they will credit your account with the fees. 

the thing im scared of the most selling on ebay is unwarranted neg feedback

if i mess up or something then neg me, im fine with a negative if it's an error on my part

But my one negative came from some sloot who bought an item and said she wasn't satisfied with it and wanted a refund. She originally wanted me to refund her and pay for her return shipping. I told her to take a hike and that I weuld only refund the amount minus the original shipping. She opened a case with paypal and they told her she pays return shipping and that i could just rfund the amount minus shipping 

she sends back item, i refund, then get a negative 

cant even leave buyers negative so they can be as reckless as they want. I explained my situation to an ebay rep and the rep told me they couldnt do anything about it. Fortunately it's been over a year so my fb is 100% again

It's 4 days now.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if I did?

If the first buyer pays, you can always refund him and tell him you already sold them but if he paid, whether you refunded or not, he still has the option to leave negative feedback. That's probably the worst that could happen.

exactly, relisting so fast without the case being close just causes an issue because the person might end up paying.

i hate when people do this 2 business day thing, from ebay you tech get 7 days to pay.

You gotta wait it out buddy. Sucks but that's how it works. Buy it now with immediate payment or bust on eBay

exactly, relisting so fast without the case being close just causes an issue because the person might end up paying.

i hate when people do this 2 business day thing, from ebay you tech get 7 days to pay.

I'll never understand folks who buy now but want to pay 5 days later. Poor form, IMO. That's one of the reasons I switched to BIN w/ immediate payment. Too many dudes buying **** with funds they've yet to receive because their overpriced pair of GR Jordans haven't sold yet. No love for that type of buyer.

To me it's just common sense and a common courtesy to buy something when you have the money.

Just refund the flaker his money back. Only problem is Ebay will charge you seller fee's for both auctions.

Incorrect.
if the flaker pays, refund him and open a new case for a mutual withdrawal of the transaction. Email the buyer and let him know what his mistakes were and tell him to agree, if he does nothing within 7 days ebay closes it in your favour.

I use ebay.ca so it could be different for .com

Incorrect.
if the flaker pays, refund him and open a new case for a mutual withdrawal of the transaction. Email the buyer and let him know what his mistakes were and tell him to agree, if he does nothing within 7 days ebay closes it in your favour.

But you're again trusting that he'll agree to it . After you send that out thats yet another waiting period.

Incorrect.

But you're again trusting that he'll agree to it . After you send that out thats yet another waiting period.

Long shot he will agree to mutually withdraw. He will be pissed at getting no kicks after paying money. The refund process is a hassle itself. Ebay is so damn complicated now; it will be time consuming and not worth the headache.

I have a question myself, in my auction I stated that if you buy it now or send me an best offer and I accept that payment must me made instantly

why do people buy it now and not pay now it pisses me off

so its been a day and a half and the guy said he was going to pay me after he won and never did and he doesnt respond to my messages

can I relist this item because I clearly stated in my listing payment due immediately?

You're gonna have to wait after the issue has been resolved. It would just give you move problems selling 1 item to 2 people if he does end up paying.

FYI those little "must pay now" things you write don't mean anything. Use the "buy it now with immediate payment" option eBay offers. You aren't writing a contract, you're describing the item.

so even if you list the item as buy it now or best offer not an auction people can still buy it but not check out and pay right away?

where is the option you are talking about? I thought buy it now was that option

so really I have to wait one more day to open a unpaid item case because its two days now right?

Last edited:
so even if you list the item as buy it now or best offer not an auction people can still buy it but not check out and pay right away?

where is the option you are talking about? I thought buy it now was that option

so really I have to wait one more day to open a unpaid item case because its two days now right?

1. Yes

2. On the buy it now option when setting up the listing you'll see "immediate payment only" which only works for buyers using PayPal

3. Yes, you have to wait unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom