EITHER VOL.. YOU CANT BE SERIOUS

I don't even like Jay like most of the dudes on this board do but no fronting, dude went in for real

I don't care if you Mobb Deep, I hold triggers to crews
You little #+%!, I've got money stacks bigger than you
When I was pushin weight, back in eighty-eight
you was a ballerina I got your pictures I seen ya
Then you dropped "Shook Ones," switch your demeanor
Well - we don't believe you, you need more people
Roc-A-Fella, students of the game, we passed the classes
Nobody can read you dudes like we do
Don't let 'em gas you like Jigga is %#+ and won't clap you
Trust me on this one - I'll detach you
Mind from spirit, body from soul
They'll have to hold a mass, put your body in a hole
No, you're not on my level get your brakes tweaked
I sold what ya whole album sold in my first week
You guys don't want it with Hov'
Ask Nas, he don't want it with Hov', nooooo!

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

First time I heard it I was
eek.gif
eek.gif
didn't know Jay had it in him.

Who won overall ? Both fell off but I prefer Jay's newer music than Nas's. I think Nas is the better rapper overall but he took the L here.

when was this?

Ni**a what I'm doing can't be defined
The Jones' can't keep up
maybe my ni**a Nas
But I got Stronger after Ether (wow!)

and go check when he's crying to angie martinez about taking that ETHER L
laugh.gif

Nas said he cried when he heard Pac diss him too
laugh.gif

We are looking at both songs, and no doubt Takeover was the stronger song.

Originally Posted by Untitled

when was this?

Ni**a what I'm doing can't be defined
The Jones' can't keep up
maybe my ni**a Nas
But I got Stronger after Ether (wow!)

and go check when he's crying to angie martinez about taking that ETHER L
laugh.gif

But Nas cried too when Carmen admitted to felatioing S.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by asu334

But Nas did care and I think they was still together when thats yo chick came out

These intimate details would give Nas enough material to spin some elaborately jealous story lines in his mind. Still, I had to answer the questions to prevent his imagination from getting the best of him. He would drive himself crazy with speculation if he didn't have this chance to grill me.

"Does he hold you at night?"

"Yes."

He hesitated. I realized what he really wanted to ask. Guys may feign disinterest about the matter, but they're all anxious to know: Is he bigger than me? For the moment Nas avoided the size question.

"Did you go down on him?" he asked.

"Once."

"Once, I don't believe that! You're such a @*++##! #*@@! I can't believe you sucked that %*!+!'s d*ck, Carm. Come on, you're gonna tell me you only did it once. You're such a @*++##! liar."

"It's true. You can ask him."

"What? Ask him? Carm, I'm gonna kill that %*!+!! I @*++##! hate you!"

Nas hung up on me. I called back. He just kept screaming through his extensive vocabulary of derogative terms: I was a #*@@, a %+!+!, a dirty %@@@% and more. He hung up, but then immediately called back, hoping to find some release in another diatribe. It had the opposite effect: Ranting only sustained his sense of violation, kept his feelings raw. We went back and forth with a few more rounds of confession and condemnation until he finally stopped answering the phone. Nas was done with me for the night. Maybe forever.
where is this from?

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

When you get outclassed, outrapped or just outright destroyed on a track, the hip-hop community may say that you got:

ETHERED

Nas won.

Period.

I always took the line "I will not lose, so even in defeat it's a valuable lesson learned...so it evens it up for me" as Jay saying he lost.

laugh.gif
Jay lost at the end of the day. You guys are looking at this in a retrospective manner, you won't feel the effect that ether had when it firstdropped. Jay was truthfully hurt by ether and you can tell with that audio with angie. How can you guys deny that Jay lost when he sounded all mysty eyed onradio. Lets be real here.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

I always took the line "I will not lose, so even in defeat it's a valuable lesson learned...so it evens it up for me" as Jay saying he lost.

basically...ya need to let it go...ya lucky Nas ain't keep his foot on Jay-z's neck ala 50 cent on Ja rule.....cuz jay-z was finished for MONTHS inNYC.....

I personally disagree. BUT I ask two girls (folks that dont care, not biased, leanin one way or another) and showed them the line, and they interpret the lineas admitting loss. so, whether i disagree, i can accept folks sayin its an L.

edit:
basically...ya need to let it go...ya lucky Nas ain't keep his foot on Jay-z's neck ala 50 cent on Ja rule.....cuz jay-z was finished for MONTHS in NYC.....
you was crackin up laughin when you wrote that huh?
laugh.gif

At the end of the day it's all opinions. I don't understand why you're 'shouting' because others believe Jay won.

basically...ya need to let it go...ya lucky Nas ain't keep his foot on Jay-z's neck ala 50 cent on Ja rule.....cuz jay-z was finished for MONTHS in NYC.....

Most definently Nas won, I was the biggest Jay fan at the time once I heard ether it was a wrap. He made Jay-Z a little dude, ummmmm Stillmatic was also acertified CLASSIC.

NAS WON PLEASE WHERE IS THIS JAY-Z WON TALK COMMING FROM?

Everyone keeps bringing up the moment it was released. Yes, when it dropped it was hot all over NYC and Stillmatic is a classic, we know. The point here is,Takeover is a better diss song when you look at it separating everything else. Just compare both side by side, no way in hell is Ether better.

The ageless debate of Ether versus Takeover again, SMH. I will say this much, in life there is reality and then there is perception, and somewhere betweensomebodies rap lines perception somehow got crossed in with reality.

When you get outclassed, outrapped or just outright destroyed on a track, the hip-hop community may say that you got:

ETHERED

That has more to do with the verbage of the word versus the acutal outcome of who anyone thought won the battle. It's rather difficult to say he just got"Takeovered", it just doesn't sound right or look right, as opposed to he just got "Ethered", it just sounds better and flows better asa word of usage.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

Everyone keeps bringing up the moment it was released. Yes, when it dropped it was hot all over NYC and Stillmatic is a classic, we know. The point here is, Takeover is a better diss song when you look at it separating everything else. Just compare both side by side, no way in hell is Ether better.
son..if he won with ether, how is it the wacker track?

and if it wasn't for Nas doin his "comin out every 2 years and then hibernating in between" we would've crushed jay-z commerically forever...

Nas is a humble guy, thats his natural position...he isn't like 50 cent where 50 didn't let up till ja rule ain't have a leg to stand on anymore...

he let jay-z retreat and lick his wounds and come out stronger....

Everyone keeps bringing up the moment it was released. Yes, when it dropped it was hot all over NYC and Stillmatic is a classic, we know. The point here is, Takeover is a better diss song when you look at it separating everything else. Just compare both side by side, no way in hell is Ether better.

and if it wasn't for Nas doin his "comin out every 2 years and then hibernating in between" we would've crushed jay-z commerically forever...

Nas is a humble guy, thats his natural position...he isn't like 50 cent where 50 didn't let up till ja rule ain't have a leg to stand on anymore...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Nas will NEVER be commercial if Hero couldnt do it for him (I hate Polow wasted that beat) then nothin will

And I say u got ethered all the time but i feel like Jay got dude like I said ether was simple elemetary raps that sound like something from a Tyga or ainebriated Lil Wayne. Jay was tryin to play chess with Nas on Takeover but the general public was'nt into that and like I said Nas got str8 to the pointbut revealed nothing

And to the people saying where is it coming from all of suddeen? The smoke has cleared cause when ethered came out everyone considered it over the sinisterbeat the funny jabs cokafella
laugh.gif
and all that callin him ugly BUT alot of people realised that he f'd yo girl cuz and she went and wrote a book about it.Basically summarized your career in a few bars.

He "won" with ether because when it dropped everyone thought it was hot and it got a lot more attention than Takeover. We are looking back now yearsafter, we can separate that hype from it and just look at both songs. Takeover is a better song.

Back
Top Bottom