El-P + Killer Mike = Run the Jewels (RTJ 4 - OUT NOW!)

Coming to Pittsburgh next month, thinking about going, never listened to an album of their though

Talk to me or Legend has it. Legend as it could be shot at one of the concerts with the crowd chanting "RTJ!"

RTJ3 is filthy. I skimmed through RTJ1 and RTJ2, so might have to give them a proper listen. 

Not might, you do need to give them a proper listen, sir.

Finally got a chance to sit down and give this album a good few listens, and well god damn!  These guys just keep getting better and better, and I am so glad we are able to continue to get this music from them.
pimp.gif

RTJ3 is filthy. I skimmed through RTJ1 and RTJ2, so might have to give them a proper listen. 

Same here. I listened to a little of 2, none of 1. This is my rap album of the year though.

This is just what I needed after this years election .

do yourself a favor and check out all of El's solo stuff, along with Co Flow too. 

Same thing with Mike's solo stuff. He's been killing it since his "Monster" album. "I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind" 1-3, "The Killer", "R.A.P. Music" are all really good.

"That's Life" off of the first Pledge album is truth even more so today.

I can't believe I was willfully not listening to RTJ--i'm not even sure why. I just put 3 on, on a whim. Incredible. I thought I wasn't interested in rap anymore, but this **** here is crazy. I'm going back.

Sat with this and let it marinate. Are we calling this a '16 or '17 release? Best release of 2016 by far. Helluva way to kick off 2017. This is easily their best work, and that's taking nothing away from 1 or 2. Dudes are on an Outkast run with these albums, IMO. Distinctive sound and flow.

Has anyone seen their latest tour? Can't wait to hear RTJ3 live in Oakland at the Fox Theater!!

I saw the Philly show a few weeks ago.

DOPE.

...I need tickets to the Amsterdam show. It sold out the same day it went on sale. Found one website that is reselling them for $91. Not paying $200 for me and my wife.

Back
Top Bottom